High Risk Pregnancy.... come join!

Annamumof2

Mum to 2 boys 2 girls
Reaction score
I have seen so many at a high risk pregnancy and i thought i would make this group to help us all get the questions out and keep up to date of how we are all doing...

I'm Anna mum of Jason 5 and Skye 4... i'm married and this is my 4th pregnancy... this is a high risk pregnancy because of the clots on my lungs that i had for 2 years i was on warfarin and now im on fragmin...

come and jump in feel free to chat, ask questions anything

People due 2011:

March
Tanikit 2nd (possable early birth)

June
dizzynic - 12th = induced 22nd Mayish
ttcEmiy - 22nd
Annamumof2 - 30th

July:
Sherri81 - 18th (possable early birth)
vixiepoo - 22nd (possable early birth 21st)
nkbapbt - 19th or 22nd
PleaseBaby - 22nd (consulatant apointment December 13th & dating scan 22nd December)​

Hi there would like to join got my first consultant appointment tomorrow and my 3rd scan will be discussing what theyre gonna be doing with me this time around looking forward to chatting to you ladies xxxx

Hi Anna,

Fab idea. I have been too scared to join any groups in first trimester. I too am high risk.

My first pregnancy went really well until 29/30 weeks, and then I started swelling up, hundreds of stretch marks over night, no one seemed to realise just how poorly I was, walking become difficult because the huge swelling. I was eventually diagnosed with pre-eclampsia at thirty five weeks, and induction was immediate to save both our lives. He was also born with a genetic heart murmur and was under GOSH.

Just seven months later I got pregnant, this time they were on the look out for pre-eclampsia but I was told how rare it was to have it again, so no one was really expecting it and especially not for it to rear its head even earlier. At 24 weeks I had to go on to medication to control my blood pressure, and that was increased more as the weeks went on, different ones tried. At 37 weeks I went in to hospital for induction, I got there and waited for a bed and my contractions started, 90 minutes later my little girl was born.

Pregnancy number three I didn't find out about until I was 22+ weeks, and then at 28 weeks my waters broke, two days later they tried to induce and it failed, so they left us until an induction was planned for 37 weeks. She was born sleeping due to medical negligence at 36+6.

It was discovered in pregnancy number four that I have a clotting disorder, so I was placed on aspirin and clexane (blood thinning injection). I had pre-eclampsia again, and my waters broke at 35 weeks. I went in to be induced at 38 weeks and it begun, when I got to 6cm's, my little girls heart rate was dropping, she was in distress, I needed a c-section. And she was born screaming.

Pregnancy numbers five, six, seven, eight, nine and ten ended in miscarriage.

Pregnancy number eleven, I was on progesterone and was meant to be on aspirin and clexane. We never made it that far, the baby had stopped growing at 5 and a half weeks. They wanted me to have a d&c, because my iron was dangerously low (hb was 4) and they said I would die if I miscarried naturally. So I had to have blood to bring my iron up, one litre of blood I had. But then I refused to have the d&c cos my risks were now normal and I didnt want an operation due to being too scared cos of my daughter dying of medical negligence, so I carried that baby knowing it had grown its wings from the middle of July to the 17th of September.

And here I am with pregnancy number 12. I am already on progesterone pessaries, I will be on aspirin, clexane and have a stitch. I will see some one at least once a week for the entire pregnancy, from now until 16 weeks it will be twice a week, from 16 weeks until 24 weeks it will be once a week, from 24 weeks until 32 weeks it will be twice a week and then from then on it will be three times a week.

welcome ladys and i hope that this pregnancy for us all will go smoothly and not have too much stress on our minds

if you want me to add your appointments and due dates down on the page let me know and i can add you down..

Hi Anna,

Fab idea. I have been too scared to join any groups in first trimester. I too am high risk.

My first pregnancy went really well until 29/30 weeks, and then I started swelling up, hundreds of stretch marks over night, no one seemed to realise just how poorly I was, walking become difficult because the huge swelling. I was eventually diagnosed with pre-eclampsia at thirty five weeks, and induction was immediate to save both our lives. He was also born with a genetic heart murmur and was under GOSH.

Just seven months later I got pregnant, this time they were on the look out for pre-eclampsia but I was told how rare it was to have it again, so no one was really expecting it and especially not for it to rear its head even earlier. At 24 weeks I had to go on to medication to control my blood pressure, and that was increased more as the weeks went on, different ones tried. At 37 weeks I went in to hospital for induction, I got there and waited for a bed and my contractions started, 90 minutes later my little girl was born.

Pregnancy number three I didn't find out about until I was 22+ weeks, and then at 28 weeks my waters broke, two days later they tried to induce and it failed, so they left us until an induction was planned for 37 weeks. She was born sleeping due to medical negligence at 36+6.

It was discovered in pregnancy number four that I have a clotting disorder, so I was placed on aspirin and clexane (blood thinning injection). I had pre-eclampsia again, and my waters broke at 35 weeks. I went in to be induced at 38 weeks and it begun, when I got to 6cm's, my little girls heart rate was dropping, she was in distress, I needed a c-section. And she was born screaming.

Pregnancy numbers five, six, seven, eight, nine and ten ended in miscarriage.

Pregnancy number eleven, I was on progesterone and was meant to be on aspirin and clexane. We never made it that far, the baby had stopped growing at 5 and a half weeks. They wanted me to have a d&c, because my iron was dangerously low (hb was 4) and they said I would die if I miscarried naturally. So I had to have blood to bring my iron up, one litre of blood I had. But then I refused to have the d&c cos my risks were now normal and I didnt want an operation due to being too scared cos of my daughter dying of medical negligence, so I carried that baby knowing it had grown its wings from the middle of July to the 17th of September.

And here I am with pregnancy number 12. I am already on progesterone pessaries, I will be on aspirin, clexane and have a stitch. I will see some one at least once a week for the entire pregnancy, from now until 16 weeks it will be twice a week, from 16 weeks until 24 weeks it will be once a week, from 24 weeks until 32 weeks it will be twice a week and then from then on it will be three times a week.

wow my thoughts and prays are with you honey with this one and i hope that this one will not be growing wings but growing so then it is born kicking and screaming...

I am due 15 june 2011 but i am likely to be induced at 37 weeks .
My 12 week scan is 2/12/10 at 1:40pm consultant appointment 2:15pm x

Hi everyone and hope that the pregnancies will go relatively smoothly - I think being high risk we realise that a healthy baby is all that matters in the end.

I am a type 1 diabetic with hypothyroidism and I am also bipolar (whcih creates more problems after the baby is born to be honest) Last pregnancy my blood pressure did go high twords the end so am keeping an eye on that too now.

I have reached the third trimester today so from now on its a watch for insulin levels and baby's growth with NSTs towards the end and plenty of growth scans.

:hugs: to everyone here

added you to the front page honey, and fingers crossed this pregnancy will go well

i was induced with both my kids Jay 2 days late and Skye 2 days early due to pre-eclampia hoping this time i can get induced but end of June, because then i will have 3 kids born with J months

Hi everyone and hope that the pregnancies will go relatively smoothly - I think being high risk we realise that a healthy baby is all that matters in the end.

I am a type 1 diabetic with hypothyroidism and I am also bipolar (whcih creates more problems after the baby is born to be honest) Last pregnancy my blood pressure did go high twords the end so am keeping an eye on that too now.

I have reached the third trimester today so from now on its a watch for insulin levels and baby's growth with NSTs towards the end and plenty of growth scans.

:hugs: to everyone here

welcome to the group and hope that you have a wonderful birth

added you to the front page honey, and fingers crossed this pregnancy will go well

i was induced with both my kids Jay 2 days late and Skye 2 days early due to pre-eclampia hoping this time i can get induced but end of June, because then i will have 3 kids born with J months

Thanks hun i am bricking it about being induced of course i was induced last time but it was under very different circumstances .Once i see my consultant i hope my mind will be wased about exactly what theyre gonna do with me .xx

Thanks - I am due 2 March 2011 though baby will be early - last time I wasn't allowed to go beyond 38 weeks, this time it will depend on how big baby is getting and also how my placenta and blood pressure are doing - I suspect she will come just before my own birthday which is 21 February. I have an endocrinologist appointment tomorrow and a 29 week appointment on 14 December (there will be a growth scan then) with a 4d scan on 18 December so lots of appointments coming up now.

Thanks - I am due 2 March 2011 though baby will be early - last time I wasn't allowed to go beyond 38 weeks, this time it will depend on how big baby is getting and also how my placenta and blood pressure are doing - I suspect she will come just before my own birthday which is 21 February.

fingers crossed that all goes well and added you to the front page

Apparently high-risk cause of my heart (blame the NHS for being too cheap to do the surgery.. I will be arguing about that one at my first consultant-led appointment as I can't go for midwive-led care). Due in July. Having an early scan at work this saturday (7w1d) then booked a private one 3 days before Christmas (9w5d). First baby. x

Apparently high-risk cause of my heart (blame the NHS for being too cheap to do the surgery.. I will be arguing about that one at my first consultant-led appointment as I can't go for midwive-led care). Due in July. Having an early scan at work this saturday (7w1d) then booked a private one 3 days before Christmas (9w5d). First baby. x

welcome hun and i know what you mean about NHS being cheap or boring lol

if you like me to add your due date and appointments to the front page feel free to let me know

I'm so glad you started this group Annamumof2! My name is Christine and i am 38 wait, 39, no i'm 38. Sorry, as some of you probably know after 30 you seriously do not pay attention to the numbers anymore. Anyway, i feel 25 so thats all that matters.

So most of you probably know my story, i lost a baby girl about a yr ago. Now i am pregnant and 11w and 4d and so super happy, but scared. So i had my weekly appointment with my doc and since i have lost so much weight and haven't been gaining, because i'm freaking sick as a dog, he is putting me on this medication that is somehow attached to you and constantly put into your blood stream.??? A pharmacy red is coming by tomorrow to hook it up, i guess i'll know more then. I pray this works, because i really love food and i just want to love it again.

Anyone else puking their guts up?? So not fun and i feel like i have just been a total crab (bitch) lately. UGHHHH, it gets better right, tell me it will... With my last pregnancy, i had absolutly no morning sickness, i felt great. Not so super lucky on this one.

welcome hun and i know what you mean about NHS being cheap or boring lol

if you like me to add your due date and appointments to the front page feel free to let me know

Sure go for it. EDD (going by LMP) is 22nd July, but midwife said 21st for some reason (maybe she can't count!) x

Already told my story in the first trimester thread. Due date in July but likely will be induced (or specifically have a C-Section) in May or June.

Already told my story in the first trimester thread. Due date in July but likely will be induced (or specifically have a C-Section) in May or June.

welcome hun and i hope all goes well for you... keep us posted wont you hun

Add me. I told my story as well in the First Tri thread. Am due July 18, but will be induced or sectioned around 35-36 weeks. No one even wants to try to let me go to the end...

Had an ultrasound yesterday which showed a good heartbeat. I see my OB today, and hopefully will get some answers about what we are going to do with this pregnancy.

Add me. I told my story as well in the First Tri thread. Am due July 18, but will be induced or sectioned around 35-36 weeks. No one even wants to try to let me go to the end...

Had an ultrasound yesterday which showed a good heartbeat. I see my OB today, and hopefully will get some answers about what we are going to do with this pregnancy.

added honey.. if there is anything else you want me to add like the sex of it IF you find out or if your due date changes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->