Holy cow - going to be a mummy!

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
I've just been sat reading a book that my Mum bought for me. (Dr Miriam Stoppard). I'd already bought a book when we first found out and I love it as it's really simple and clear.
This one that I've been reading tonight though has scared me. Yes, it's really helpful (even tells you how to change a nappy!!) but it's also really detailed, really hot on subjects like breastfeeding and now I just feel totally unprepared and like I will just not measure up - like my ideas about raising our child are all just wrong ('don't be so stupid girl' kind of feeling)!!!!
I'm sure that this feeling will pass......but for now Eeeeeeeek!!!! I know that we will be fine - I'm just really flustered now!

awww sweetie, nasty book scaring you lol,

you'll be fine everyone has panicy moments where we realise its real and we have a baby to love and nurture, but we'll be ok:D

Hi Aimee Lou. It's a book of one person's opinions. My advice. If you don't like it, pop it in the bin, blow a raspberry at it and slam the lid. Xxx

It will all come to you hunnie i was feeling the same way about a week before Valerie was born but it just felt so right and everything fell into place good luck and NEVER doubt yourself!!!

May just do that Buffy71 - my Mum bought it for us and we are having lunch with them on Sunday so I had a flick through just to say I'd read it.

Hubby really likes it though - likes the fact that it's really detailed but he's getting all 'No, you do it like this' which really gets on my nerves! :rofl:

Plenty of time though...it's going on the shelf for a few weeks now though until I need to look at things.

Thanks for the kind words ladies....guess I've had a flustered kind of day. Time to go to sleep me thinks! :rofl::sleep:

You will be fine chick. You are unprepared! You haven't even got your baby in your arms yet!! Once that happens, everything will fall into place. You will be your baby's whole world, and s/he will look at you adoringly everytime s/he sees you and will turn to look at you when s/he hears your voice.
There is only so much you can learn from books, the rest is practice, practice, practice!!
As the parent of you child, it is totally down to you how you raise your child, and please don't lose confidence in your abilities. I've always found Miriam to be a bit scary when it comes to routines and feeding etc, but every baby is different, and different things work for different babies.
You'll learn what works for your little one fairly soon after birth, and I promise you, you'll wonder what you were worried about.
You're going to be a fantastic Mummy! xx

Thanks everyone.....

Think I need to talk to hubby - that always makes me feel better!

I understand how you feel 100%. Before having my son... I was an only child, never been around little kids, and never babysat any for that matter.

I was so scared. I was unable to breasfeed due to some heavy medicaiton so I had to bottle feed. I couldnt get our newborn to eat anything, well apparently I was doing it wrong. I didnt realize how much of the nipple they needed in their mouth. My husband and mother-in-law had to show me. Talk about feeling stupid.

But it will come to you. Ask for help if you dont know. Most people are pretty understanding and willing to help.

Also about breastfeeding.... Our hospital offers lactation support if need be. classes before birth and while in the hospital they have somebody who comes around and offers help if you need it. Maybe something to look into if you are concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->