Honey-Cinnamon Bumps in the Making!

:happydance: JM!!!!!

How exciting!!!! Maybe we will both be in hopsital at the same time lol!!!:winkwink:

A few times yesterday I noticed my tummy was hard. But that's all.

I sometimes do have a little gush of fluid too, but I kept thinking it was perspiration or just watery CM.:shrug: If my cervix is tightly closed and thick can I still be losing my plug? Or do I have to be dialated a little?

Any of you guys have dogs? Need some advice. My little furbaby keeps throwing up. He won't eat his breakfast or dinner. I think it might be the heat as it's over 86F in my house. He is drinking though and eating treats, cheese and ham. But I want him to eat dog food because of the vitamins he needs. The other night I awoke at 4am to find him being sick on his little box he sits on, on my bedroom balcony. He has just come off anitbiotics for bronchitus. He was never sick when he was taking them. And if he had a sickness bug the anitbiotics would have tackled that too. Anyone got any tips for making him eat dog food? Otherwise I may go out and buy some dog vitamins and stick them in cheese. Can't have him being ill when I'm at the hospital this week!!!!!:cry:

Sorry I haven't been able to get on until now to give an update.... Today has been one crazy day. Man am i exhausted. I was woken up at 6:45am to workers in my backyard pouring out new patio (which is exciting) but now we have to walk our dogs because they need to stay off of it for a couple of days. My dog of 17 years Ginger who still lived with my parents was put to sleep today. That was extremely hard. I have had her since I was 9 years old. My parents brought her to see me before they took her to the vet. So I am very thankful I was able to say goodbye. Then two hours after that I had a Dr. appt. I was led to believe i would be having my membranes stripped, but I was wrong. She won't do it until next week. (which this leaves me worrying my twin sister won't meet baby Everlee until Nov). So now i am stressing about that. Good news is she checked me and I am now 1.5cm and still 50%effaced. She thinks I will be 2 or 3 cm by next tuesday. I was so tired I couldn't go into work today. Then at 6:30pm we had our last Lamaze class and it last until 9:30pm. wow this day has been filled with so many highs and lows. I hope tomorrow is a little more relaxing and that i can sleep tonight. At least I have my Birthday to look forward to on Thursday :)

Wanna about your little doggy he could be overheating. Just make sure he is getting lots of water. He will eat when he is hungry but staying hydrated is more important. If you are worried I would call your vet. Also I will ask my twin sister and see what she says. She is a Vet Tech :) Hope he feels better soon! p.s. it would be super cool if we delivered on the same day!

So sorry to hear about your dog JM ! That is so tough! Hugs! Sorry also about the membrane stripping... That's frustrating! I hope baby E comes in time to meet her auntie!

I had my first labor class tonight! Lots of fun! I have them each Tues. This thurs i will have my BF class! :)

:hug: JM, I am so sorry about your doggy, almolst cried when I read your post. I was in tears yesterday as my last fish baby died... I am abit of a crazy animal lover. I had even paid over £200 to get my fish babies flown over to Cyprus when I moved here from the UK as I just couldn't leave them. But that's nothing compared to your doggy of 17years, wow what a great life Ginger must of had. I know how you feel hun as I had my dog of 14years put to sleep when I was a teenager. :hugs: Sounds like it was one hectic day for you. It's so annoying when our doctors lead us to beleive something then change their minds. Mine did that. She said she would check me and try to induce me at 38weeks, but as you know that appointment came and went and she didn't do anything:growlmad: Now you can look forward to you birthday 2moro, hope everyone spoils you rotten hun:cake: O and thanks for the advice, I'm definately interested in hearing what your Sis has to say. Yesterday I left my dog with my parents and their doggies so that he wasn't left in a hot house whilst I was out (I went to a concert). He managed to keep some cheese down and my Mama got him to eat some dog food for dinner. Hope he doesn't throw up today:nope: Like you said as long as he is drinking which he is:thumbup:

Shterr- that's great, now you have some classes to make the weeks pass quicker!!!:happydance:

It's my due date 2moro. Having Braxton Hicks that are strong but pain free:dohh: But other than that I feel normal.:neutral:

Oh JM I am so sorry for the loss of Ginger :hugs:

well my due date is here and nothing.

being induced 2moro, I'm super scared!!!!

Baby is coming tomorrow!?!? Oooooooohhhhhh!!! So exciting! I'll be thinking about you! Don't be nervous! Everything will be great!!!

aw wanna!!! that is exciting news! The end of pregnancy is near :) hang in there you are going to do great and be an amazing Mommy.

Thanks so much shterr!!!! so far its been a great Bday! Going to dinner tonight with my family.
I have been have BH all day long... hoping this is a great sign!

Happy Birthday JM!!!!

Oh Wanna... so exciting!!! Don't worry it will be ok, and you will get to hold your little bundle in the near future!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

EMI - BIRTH STORY AND BEYOND

Oh wow guys, I finally have a few minutes and a bit of energy to come back to the site and write my birth story here. I will also shortly start parenting journal and will write all the developments over the last week and a bit. Sorry for being away but it's been a bit crazy. Also, I'm typing this on hubby's comp and pics are on mine that he's using for work so I'll upload those asap when I can. Anyways, here it is.

I spent my Tuesday running around like crazy doing errands, seeing Dr. and just being plain busy. Still had cramps and backache but nothing out of ordinary. Then in the evening I spent 3 hrs watching Dr. Phil on Youtube and getting paranoia about raising daughters At 12:00 am I was ready to tucker in when I felt my first contraction. It was stronger than period pain but I didn't know for sure. Then, about 8 min later I got another one. Then another one 5 min later. I started timing them and for the next hour was getting them every 5 min and getting stronger in pain. I was also getting strong diarrhea and nausea as well so I figured this wasn't just random false start but probably real labour. By 1:30 they came at every 3-4 min so by 2 I woke mom up since I wanted her and hubbs to be at birth. Mom didn't believe that I was in labour but by then my contractions were 2 min apart. She timed them for several minutes and finally realized that I meant business

We got to hospital at 2:30 and I got accessed - I was already 5 cm dilated

Next came several hours of lots of pain. I kept running to the bathroom to poo and mom kept yelling - are you sure you're not giving birth yet? Then I started to walk up and down the ward and vomiting my face off everywhere. By 4 am I was still around 6 cm. I tried rolling around on the ball and walking and getting into the tub but the pain kept being pretty bad at every 2 minutes. Then at 6:45 am as I was dosing between bouts of pain I felt something like a pop and lots of warm fluid gushing. I think I yelled out "I peed myself!" because I was so exhausted from pain that I wasn't too aware of things happening. The next few contractions were 10 times more painful. At 6:50 they checked me and said that I was 10 cm dilated (no wonder it hurt like hell for those past 5 min). Then I started pushing. It really does feel like being constipated with a giant watermelon I pushed her out in 20 min and Emi came into the world at 7:10.

She's perfect and beautiful and so delightful. We didnt get discharged right away because she had problems latching and feeding and developed jaundice so she went under photo therapy (will write more on that later). After 3 days we were discharged and all is well now - she's feeding and I'm healing (she tore me up a bit but I'm less sore now haha)

Giving birth without epidural or any sort of drugs was one of the most painful things I've ever done but I would do it again - it's really true that you forget pain as soon as you see your baby

Attachments

• IMG_0344 copy.JPG
    IMG_0344 copy.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0339.JPG
    IMG_0339.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 3
Happy B-day JM!

Wanna - hope your induction goes well, or that you've already had baby on your own :)

Oh wow Green! She is so beautiful! Congrats again! You are a super woman for having a drug free delivery! Sounds like everything went smoothly. Now i am so excited to meet my baby girl! yay!

Thanks ladies :)

forgot to add - Emi was 7lb4oz :happydance:
then she lost some weight :( but I'm hoping she'll gain it back if I keep eating good food :)

aw Green she will. I think that is normal for newborns to lose a little after birth :)

Hey does anyone know is wanna is in labor? I saw on FB someone say something about it, but I am not sure. I hope so! I am excited and keep checking!

I can not sleep. I have been awake for 3 hours!!! I am nauseas and cramping. I am having Braxton Hicks off and on... I wish this would be it already! I am so tired of false labor. I feel horrible. :(

Thought she said something about being induced yesterday... Ohhh I hope so!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->