• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How long have you been LTTTC?

13 years for us :cry:

hey Victoria....even if you do have blocked tubes, hsg might sort it! If not honey theres always ivf...dont ever give up hope :hugs:

aww Victoria :hugs: i replied to your post in limbo land thread. We have alot in common :winkwink: and i stay in Glasgow too. Im desperate for bfp and if ivf is the only way for me i will go for it. I dont think i can ever get rid of thid maternal desire! But i understand ur choice not too. Fxd the hsg does the trick xx

had to :rofl: at the zimmer comment! Im attending the southern general hospital and after hycosy will get referral to the assisted conception clinic at the royal. I was told wether blockd tubes or not i will be reffered for ivf cos ive been trying so long! Im just hoping like mad that as you say...a spring clean of the tubes does the trick! I cant understand what else it could be. If your going to go private may i suggest that you get a hycosy instead of hsg. The hycosy is better cos u get results there and then and u and ur partner can see your ovaries womb and tubes on the screen while they do the test! Also the hsg cant examine the ovaries. Not sure of the difference in price but my fs said it was roughly 300! Ur day 21s came back fine so you must be ovulating. Do you know what cycle day u ov on? How longs ur cycle? Did u say 28 days? What cd u on now? Xx

also do u have a copy of ur partners sperm analysis? Do u have the count and morpholoy?

We have been trying off and on for about 5 years now. This month will be our 3rd try with the Clomid. If we are a Clomid Failure after the 200 mg dose then I believe we are finished. Our insurance has lousy infertility coverage and IVF is very costly. My ovaries don't seem to respond well to the stimulation drugs and IUI would be difficult because of that. We have one dd who is 8 years old.

Hi ladies, just plucking up the courage to start posting! My OH and I have been trying for just shy of 3 years now - 2 years and 10 months to be exact. Not so much as a late period yet. :nope:

All tests have come back clear for me and OH and had my HSG the other week so hoping that has helped flush everything out and cleared the way for :spermy:

I'm now in my dreaded 2WW and if I don't get lucky this cycle then I will be taking the Clomid that I was prescribed this week. At the moment I've just been given 50mg for the next 3 months although looking on here this seems like a reasonably low dose??

FX and Babydust for all xxx

Thanks Victoria,

Fingers crossed everything the tubes have been cleared. There was no blockages anyway so hopefully they're extra clear. I'm under the dreaded 'unexplained infertility' bracket so it's so hard pinpointing what I need to do to get PG! :dohh:

welshgem and michelle big :hug: to you both! You have came to the right place for support and advice, the girls on here are so nice and really know their stuff!

victoria....i never found out what caused the mc. Think it was just one of those things though ive heard that a mc can be the cause of blocked tubes. Thats what im hoping anyway....so that the hycosy will dust them out and give them a good oiling lol. Ive had my bloods come back as 'normal' too. Dhs sa's normal...everythingbloody normal. We should have a brood of 10 by now!

We definately thought that dhs sperm must be the problem. We tried to get pregnant just after id had my mc (to my ex) for 2 whole years we tried and tried. I went to my drs and they did a day 14 blood back then. Not sure what it checked but it came back normal! The next step was supposed to be dh getting an sa done but could i get him to go? Could i heck! Talk about male bloody pride! Think he was too scared of what it would say!so deep down i resented the fact he wouldnt find out! I was desperate to find the truth! I tried to convince myself i didnt really want a :baby: anyway! Told myself i was tooo young and should enjoy life...kids only ruin your life right? But i had such a deep desire to be a mum...i ended up buying a horse! Told myself i wanted to enjoy that....didnt need kids! Over the years i added to my furbaby family and now have 2 horses, a dog and 4 cats! Well...i needed something to mother! My :sex: life went downhill, it kind of felt pointless...i mean... :sex: was to make babies and i couldnt get pregnant so doing it felt fraudulent if that makes any sense! Lol so only dtd about 2 or 3 times a month if dh was lucky! Some months we could go without doing it at all!

A couple of years ago i went into boots and they had a male fertilty test where u could check the sperm at home! I was super excited and bought it! Took it home and had to give dh sexual favours (that are usually reserved for birthdays and when im after something hehe) in order for him to give me a specimen for the test! Imagine our :shock: when it said normal! Think hubby was super relieved but it got me thinking that there must be something wrong with me! After all these years of us thinking his swimmers where usueless! Now i was scared, but didnt know what to do next.

Well...about 18months or so ago i went to a fortune teller and she asked me if i was pregnant! I said...no..no way! She said are you sure??? I said yip...no bfp for me! She asked if i was really sure cos shes usually always right! I explained my ttc 10yrs! And she said she could defo see me with a baby! I went home and started thinking...i was near the end of my cycle....what if she was right? :yipee: i started googling pregnancy symptoms and got soooo excitied! I had sore boobies! Wow...maybe i WAS pregnant! Rushed out and bought tests....bfn! Damn....maybe the test was wrong? I discoved ttc sites and realsied how little i really knew about ttc! I thought that the egg got released and after that you had a week or so to catch it before your period and thats how u got pregnant! Anyway af came...i wasnt pregnant but after everything i learnt from the ttc sites it got me thinking that maybe...just maybe i had been :sex: at the wrong times!! It gave me sooo much hope! I became a bit of a ttc expert lol...temping (the only way other than blood to confirm ov) opks (tho they detect the lh surge they dont confirm ov) examining cm (which was something i was totally oblivious to) i used preseed, concieve plus....softcups! You name it...we tried it! But month after month that damn :witch: flew in :cry: i went back to my drs they did cd21 bloods....normal. Dh went to his dr for official sa....normal. I got reffered to fs back in october...another cd21...normal....another sa...normal. Bloody NORMAL! Now im just waiting for the hycosy in June! Im on cd24 just now (i think) ive been taking a sleep hormone called melatonin(there was been studies to say it improves egg quality and fertility) well anythings worth a shot right? I have a friend who was ttc 20 months with 60 day cycles...she took it and bam...bfp first time after taking it! So it gives me a little hope this month.

If hycosy comes back normal then im 'unexpalined'. But that doesnt mean nothing wrong. Sometimes they cant tell whats wrong till they start ivf. It can be that the outer shell of the egg is too hard for the sperm to penetrate or the sperm arent up to the job despite normal sa's. They say that most unexplained cases will concieve naturally within 6 or 7 years! Quite often they will give chlomid as it increased quantity and quality of eggs therefor more chances every cycle! And lots of ladies with unexplained infertility on here have gotten bfps with it! I have even considered buying it on the net without prescription cos dont think my doctor will prescribe it for me. I will do ivf if i have to but really want to give natural a chance too. I will need to lose quite a bit of weight for ivf so whilst waiting i really think i will give chlomid a shot. Think they start at 50mg to see how it goes then they up it but think i would go straight for the 100mg...seems like thats the most successful from what ive seen!

So...all in all ive been a crazy ttc mad woman.....with one dream. I cant and wont give up the dream. I need to hold my baby in my arms to be complete. I wish each and every one of you a lovely :baby: and i know that one day...we will all be mums! And i hope we can be friends and support each other on our journeys to motherhood! :hugs:

welshgem and michelle big :hug: to you both! You have came to the right place for support and advice, the girls on here are so nice and really know their stuff!

victoria....i never found out what caused the mc. Think it was just one of those things though ive heard that a mc can be the cause of blocked tubes. Thats what im hoping anyway....so that the hycosy will dust them out and give them a good oiling lol. Ive had my bloods come back as 'normal' too. Dhs sa's normal...everythingbloody normal. We should have a brood of 10 by now!

We definately thought that dhs sperm must be the problem. We tried to get pregnant just after id had my mc (to my ex) for 2 whole years we tried and tried. I went to my drs and they did a day 14 blood back then. Not sure what it checked but it came back normal! The next step was supposed to be dh getting an sa done but could i get him to go? Could i heck! Talk about male bloody pride! Think he was too scared of what it would say!so deep down i resented the fact he wouldnt find out! I was desperate to find the truth! I tried to convince myself i didnt really want a :baby: anyway! Told myself i was tooo young and should enjoy life...kids only ruin your life right? But i had such a deep desire to be a mum...i ended up buying a horse! Told myself i wanted to enjoy that....didnt need kids! Over the years i added to my furbaby family and now have 2 horses, a dog and 4 cats! Well...i needed something to mother! My :sex: life went downhill, it kind of felt pointless...i mean... :sex: was to make babies and i couldnt get pregnant so doing it felt fraudulent if that makes any sense! Lol so only dtd about 2 or 3 times a month if dh was lucky! Some months we could go without doing it at all!

A couple of years ago i went into boots and they had a male fertilty test where u could check the sperm at home! I was super excited and bought it! Took it home and had to give dh sexual favours (that are usually reserved for birthdays and when im after something hehe) in order for him to give me a specimen for the test! Imagine our :shock: when it said normal! Think hubby was super relieved but it got me thinking that there must be something wrong with me! After all these years of us thinking his swimmers where usueless! Now i was scared, but didnt know what to do next.

Well...about 18months or so ago i went to a fortune teller and she asked me if i was pregnant! I said...no..no way! She said are you sure??? I said yip...no bfp for me! She asked if i was really sure cos shes usually always right! I explained my ttc 10yrs! And she said she could defo see me with a baby! I went home and started thinking...i was near the end of my cycle....what if she was right? :yipee: i started googling pregnancy symptoms and got soooo excitied! I had sore boobies! Wow...maybe i WAS pregnant! Rushed out and bought tests....bfn! Damn....maybe the test was wrong? I discoved ttc sites and realsied how little i really knew about ttc! I thought that the egg got released and after that you had a week or so to catch it before your period and thats how u got pregnant! Anyway af came...i wasnt pregnant but after everything i learnt from the ttc sites it got me thinking that maybe...just maybe i had been :sex: at the wrong times!! It gave me sooo much hope! I became a bit of a ttc expert lol...temping (the only way other than blood to confirm ov) opks (tho they detect the lh surge they dont confirm ov) examining cm (which was something i was totally oblivious to) i used preseed, concieve plus....softcups! You name it...we tried it! But month after month that damn :witch: flew in :cry: i went back to my drs they did cd21 bloods....normal. Dh went to his dr for official sa....normal. I got reffered to fs back in october...another cd21...normal....another sa...normal. Bloody NORMAL! Now im just waiting for the hycosy in June! Im on cd24 just now (i think) ive been taking a sleep hormone called melatonin(there was been studies to say it improves egg quality and fertility) well anythings worth a shot right? I have a friend who was ttc 20 months with 60 day cycles...she took it and bam...bfp first time after taking it! So it gives me a little hope this month.

If hycosy comes back normal then im 'unexpalined'. But that doesnt mean nothing wrong. Sometimes they cant tell whats wrong till they start ivf. It can be that the outer shell of the egg is too hard for the sperm to penetrate or the sperm arent up to the job despite normal sa's. They say that most unexplained cases will concieve naturally within 6 or 7 years! Quite often they will give chlomid as it increased quantity and quality of eggs therefor more chances every cycle! And lots of ladies with unexplained infertility on here have gotten bfps with it! I have even considered buying it on the net without prescription cos dont think my doctor will prescribe it for me. I will do ivf if i have to but really want to give natural a chance too. I will need to lose quite a bit of weight for ivf so whilst waiting i really think i will give chlomid a shot. Think they start at 50mg to see how it goes then they up it but think i would go straight for the 100mg...seems like thats the most successful from what ive seen!

So...all in all ive been a crazy ttc mad woman.....with one dream. I cant and wont give up the dream. I need to hold my baby in my arms to be complete. I wish each and every one of you a lovely :baby: and i know that one day...we will all be mums! And i hope we can be friends and support each other on our journeys to motherhood! :hugs:

i really dont recommend getting clomid on the internet. i will be prescribed clomid after my thyroid tests come back normal if they come back normal(then i have to wait till they get it normal). but i have pcos and dont ovulate.

clomid can hyperstimulate the overies they can become swollen and twisted you can also have multiple follicals mature and get pregnant with SEVERAL babies not just 3 or 4 but possibly more.
when my doc finally gives me the clomid i have to have an ultrasound right around ovulation to check to make sure everything is ok.

i have also considered getting it off the internet but after reading up on possible side effects i really don't think it is worth it.
it doesn't hurt to at least ask your doctor.

Hi Victoria, no I've not heard of vitex. I'll have to google it. I'm a bit concerned about taking too many things at the same time just in case they 'cancel each other out' if you know what I mean? I've noticed that I don't seem to get any EWCM so I'm taking EPO up to ov and Flaxseed Oil thereafter. Not noticed any difference so far though.
x

Hey welshgem & cmichelle :hugs:

Welshgem lets hope the HSG has flushed your tubes and this is your month, fingers crossed eh!! As for the clomid, i havent been on this site long but that seems like the normal dose to start off with then it seems to gradually get put up.

Cmichelle...where do you live...wont you get a free ivf try? The cost of fertility treatment is appallying...its seen more of as a money making scheme than actually helping people in need :nope:

I live in the US in Virginia. It is $30,000 for 3 rounds where we are. Our insurance does not cover an IUI or any drugs involved with the infertility process (though they do cover penile implants for erectile disfunction :growlmad: what sense does that make?). Also, after an IUI is tried, they cover nothing ever again. So an IUI is a last resort for us. I completely agree that it is a money making scheme.

thanks no regrets, that sure has made me think twice! Scary! :shock:
michelle...what tests have u had done (sorry my memory sucks) thats terrible 30,000!

Victoria! :hugs: omg....i cant believe how similar we are! We are even the same age! Tho i will be 31 next week! Eek. Scary how quick time goes by! Cant believe ive found someone in the exact same position who lives only a few miles away! It really does give a little comfort to know that we are going through the same thing! How grea would it be to get bfps together! Im exactly the same as u have described ur 4 week cycle, depressed with 'that stain on ur niknacs' :haha: then after a week full of hope and optimism, then 2 weeks of tender hooks!
I havent looked into vitex though ive heard of it...(be sure that i will be googling it like crazy after i write this)

anything that gives hope is worth a try! Yip....put the hycosy on ur credit card! No better investment than that! I have high hopes for both of us, and though it sounds cheesy... :blush: im so glad we have found each other...maybe its destiny for us to go through this whole journey together :hugs:

welshgem....was it urself thats on the chlomid? (sorry if im mistaken)
have u tried preseed or concieve plus to compensate for the lack of ewcm? There are many success stories from it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->