How many NB sizes will you purchase?

Rachel89

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

How are you doing? Hope your pregnancy is going well:flower:

I already have a son, and he is turning 3 this month, but everything seems so long ago already.

He was born small (weight), normal lenght though, but he fit in NB for a while, I'd say 1-2 months. I don't want to get too many NB sizes, prefer a 'wider range' of 0-3 months (and not even that lol!).

But I do want to buy some things since, I know we will have to change clothes a lot.

- How many pyama's (with the footies) do you recommend NB size and 0-3 months?
- How many onesies/bodysuits/romper NB and 0-3 months?

With bodysuits I mean the ones that snap at the bottom/diaper area like these: https://www.carters.com/carters-baby-girl-bodysuits?navID=header

And what is a receiving blanket? I am so sorry that is so dumb! But to me they look like a blanket and the border having a 'shinier' material. Do they use that to cover the baby for warmth when i.e. leaving the hospital, or for just wrapping the baby in it while holding baby during the early days?

Thank you so much everyone! :flower: We are team PINK, so therefore buying more new clothes. :cloud9:

I definitely didn't buy enough Newborn size last time, since a lot of women on here say they never used them. DD came out tiny though, and I wasn't prepared. This time I'm going to buy at least a week or two worth of Newborn clothes just in case (so I don't have to wash every other day), and if I don't need them I can just donate them. :)

I never bought receiving blankets, just regular baby blankets or we made our own. I think they're the lighter fabric blankets usually sold in 2 or 3 packs.

We didn't buy ANYTHING in NB size aside from 1 pack of diapers and a pack on onesies because my DS was predicted to be MASSIVE and we just wanted to be on the same side incase they were wrong. Figured at least we'd have SOMETHING. He Immediately was in 0-3 months for just a little while and would fit a lot of 3-6 mo. as well. Born 10lbs 3oz, he was a whopper and made me very happy they insisted on a c-section.

Now... Receiving blankets? You can NEVER have enough of. Spit up, vomit, spills, diaper explosions... They catch it all and you'll launder them infinitely. They're a lighter fabric, usually made of muslin or something similar. They can be used to swaddle and WILL be used to swaddle while in the hospital. I love them.

I definitely didn't buy enough Newborn size last time, since a lot of women on here say they never used them. DD came out tiny though, and I wasn't prepared. This time I'm going to buy at least a week or two worth of Newborn clothes just in case (so I don't have to wash every other day), and if I don't need them I can just donate them. :)

I never bought receiving blankets, just regular baby blankets or we made our own. I think they're the lighter fabric blankets usually sold in 2 or 3 packs.

My DS was even smaller, barely 6lbs. Would you say a weeks worth would be i.e. 7 pyamas (7 footies), and about 12 bodysuits?

My DS was even smaller, barely 6lbs. Would you say a weeks worth would be i.e. 7 pyamas (7 footies), and about 12 bodysuits?

Sounds about right to me, although I might do more onesies just in case there are multiple changes per day from spit up/etc. :flower:

With my first I was expecting a larger baby, just from my husband's family history. All babies are over 9 lbs, and he was 9 lb 2 inches! So, I didn't buy any newborn clothes, except for his going home outfit. I figured it would just fit! And it didn't, he was a bit too long for it.

I did have some 0-3 month stuff, but not a whole lot And I didn't really need them for that long.

Newborn diapers on the other hand I used a lot longer than I thought I would, but he's got such a small little boy butt they lasted longer.

I prefer just muslin blankets over receiving blankets. They're bigger, and breath more. Just my preference though.

Good luck!

Thank you everyone! I think I will be purchasing a weeks worth of pyama's and onesies for NB and 0-3 months. Same for 3-6 months. Just want to purchase everything for the first 6 months. And if I will need more I will,purchase whatever I think at the time will be necessary. Don't want to overstock either, especially since with DS I was lucky to not need to change too often.

I bought a couple of the aden anais swaddles too.

Xxx

My son went straight into 0-3. Although he could fit in the bigger of the nb items we had. I would just get enough just in case of a small baby. Maybe a few days to a week worth of each. 4 pjs, 4 onsies/body suits. If your rompers are the same as ours, I'd skip those. If you end up having a small baby, you can always send someone for more. As for the 0-3 month size, we used about 12-15 items total. We did laundry every 4-7 days. Our son was in those for 4 months. I used footed pjs a lot, with a zipper not buttons (such a hassle at 3 am to change a diaper). I'd get 7 pjs, 7 onsies/bodysuits, and again skip the rompers. I didn't use rompers until he was able to crawl at around 7 months. But some women use clothes differently. I just used what was easiest and seemed most comfortable for him at the time.

I used diaper cloths for spills, spit ups, and messes, not receiving blankets, but you'll want to have a set anyway. I had a huge supply of diaper cloths. I used larger blankets to swaddle with since I found receiving blankets harder to use. Nothing was as good as the two blankets the hospital gave us.

Thankfully I have all this stuff from my son. Thank goodness I went crazy buying stuff before I knew his gender. I now have brand new, gender neutral, items for my little girl when she comes. And my husband thought I was crazy ;)

I bought upto 1 month with DS which were a little big on him (6lb 14oz) and should fit up to 10lbs. Ive bought the same this time. We have about 12 sleepsuits and 15 vests

I had a few NB sizes from my babyshower and didn't buy any more than that. Both kids were tight in that size from birth so this time I'm going to have one bodysuit and 1 PJ in that size in case, and since I live in the middle of town, near everything, I'll have my husband go to Walmart for a few more if necessary the day of the birth.

I'm reading this thread & thinking I need to buy more! I have bought 3 baby grows in NB so far... I didn't want to go overboard as my last baby was 5lb 12 and only fit into NB at 6 weeks old. Think I should get some 0-3 and more NB just in case!

My daughter was 7lb2 when she was born, at 10 days overdue and fit into newborn size for a while. 0-3 were huge on her!

We're team yellow this time, so I need to buy some unisex stuff to start with. I'm planning on at least 12 vests and 12 sleepsuits in newborn size, maybe even a few more. I'd rather buy more and not run out. You can always sell or donate them afterwards.

I'm not planning on buying any 0-3 until we know sex of baby, although have about 3 unisex vests and sleepsuits left from my daughter so will have those on hand just in case. If it's a bigger baby I'll have to send hubby off to Sainsbury's to pick some up asap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->