+++ I tried the hook effect theory, any thoughts please

Weird I've never heard of that , is that the same thing as a hook effect , I thought someone on here has talked about that before ??

yeh i think she means the hook effect... Where basically your hcg is that high that the tests produce it as very very faint lines.

So you sort of add half water and half urine and then if your in the hook effect you should get a much stronger line :)

I would still deffo see your doctor though, you shouldnt be getting dark then light, dark then light tests... if there assuming miscarriage and like you say your last Beta was 37, then it should be 0 or very close to it.

im absolutely baffled by it :/

thanks Babee_bugs, that is what I meant.

Ok so I tried the hook effect thing, my pee was only a half hour hold so it was almost white to begin with ( see photo of pee, kinda gross sorry ) it was 1/2 pee 1/2 water, If I was miscarring my levels should be super low so nothing should of came up on this test but look at what I got, weird, I dont know whats going on, my right shoulder has been hurting all day and my right hand keeps going numb so i'm thinking etopic but i'm having no pain in my stomach what so ever and no bleeding since wednesday, any advice ladies??

Attachments

• h2.jpg
    h2.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 11
  • h3.jpg
    h3.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 25
Yea definitely with shoulder pain ^^ WSS :( soooo sorry sweetheart prayers and I pray they find out what the hecks going on :(

again for those new to my situation, my beta on friday the 19th was 89 and then 4 days later on tuesday was 37 so that means i was dropping hcg at 13 or so a day, so now i'm 5 days past that last beta so my beta should be zero, I have spent the past hour searching for hook effect and it says that even blood beta are effected by this too, not just pee, I really dont think i'm the kinda of person that would be so lucky to have this happen to me so i'm not holding out any hope, not after this being my 5th miscarriage

Also I still feel soooo pregnant , my breasts are killing me at all times , and I also sleep on my side so that could be why my shoulder hurts , I guess I just really need to push them for a scan tomorrow

Yeah Maureen, def time for a scan. You need some answers!

Oh hun. You definately need some answers. Especially if you are still having symptoms. I will hope the best for you it's not ectopic and you just have something weird going on with your hcg. Hopefully that you are still pg! They should be able to see something on a scan by now. If they ignore you go to an ER and present with ectopic symtoms so they will scan you.

I'm praying sweetie I'm worried about ya! I pray its not ectopic....I wonder if there were 3?!?!?!?! ...and maybe your levels are just starting to go back up...or your HCG level was sooo low that you ovulated again and maybe this is new pregnancy....I've been boggling my brain but MIRACLES do happen :) and I'm staying positive until you're told otherwise :) I'm praying for the little miracle beanie to be hanging in there when you get a scan love :) Cannot wait to see what happens tomorrow when ya call! :hugs: :hug: :hugs: :hug:

Thanks ladies you guys are the best , no way a new pregnancy cause we have not bd at all , i guess I'll find out tomorrow hopefully

Ohh in that case my first theory :) I am praying hunny but something isnt right they gotta listen to you this time! My goodness....they are hard to get through LOL...DEMAND that scan sweetie :) I cannot wait til tomorrow an I'm of course gonna be stalking :) ...I'm about to head to bed I've got a stupid headache......I will pop in tomorrow an see whats going on :) goodnight sweetie an try to get some sleep ;) I know its gonna be hard though!

good luck tomorrow maureen

when i was about 10 weeks preggo my test were very light, so i tried the hook effect and it made my test darker.. unfortunately the baby had already died and i didnt no it.. so i dont know what to tell u :(

again for those new to my situation, my beta on friday the 19th was 89 and then 4 days later on tuesday was 37 so that means i was dropping hcg at 13 or so a day, so now i'm 5 days past that last beta so my beta should be zero, I have spent the past hour searching for hook effect and it says that even blood beta are effected by this too, not just pee, I really dont think i'm the kinda of person that would be so lucky to have this happen to me so i'm not holding out any hope, not after this being my 5th miscarriage

Medically speaking you cannot calculate how fast your HCG is dropping. At this point they should be able to see what's going on with an ultrasound as far as an ectopic. If you were my patient I'd def be checking you for ectopic which is very common in women who have had multiple pregnancies and/or older. Please demand a very thorough exam to be done ASAP!!

i agree with the other ladies, you need further investigative work going on for your own health and sanity!!! x

I was already worried about an ectopic for you with your levels and tests Maureen, but now that you said the shoulder thing, that shoots up huge red flags all over the place. I hope it's not the case, but I think you should call your doc immediately. :hugs: So sorry you are going through this hun. And also sorry I haven't commented much, although I have been silently stalking, I am trying to take a bit of a step back for a couple of months :hugs:

I've called and left a message for my doctors nurse to call me back, I'll update as soon as I hear something, The numbness in my hands is worse and so is my left shoulder/upper arm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->