+++ I tried the hook effect theory, any thoughts please

Hope you get seen soon. I've followed this thread and wish you all the luck in the world.

Having had two ep's, neither of which ruptured, I can relate to the positive hpt's that appear to fluctuate. It's a reflection of the what the hormone is doing. You are bound to still have symptoms if you still have the hormone in your body - it's a cruel twist of a ep that your body still thinks it's pregnant (I suppose it is technically, just in the wrong place). You may well not have a ep, and even if you do with levels as low as yours have been the risk of rupture is low, though not impossible as as gestation increases so does the risk. I found with my ep's the time taken for my hcg to drop from 100 to 0 was as long as it took to drop from 100 to 100 - the lower they get the longer it can take, so you can't really predict a set pattern of how much it would drop a day.

It could well be that your body is hanging on to some tissue and that is why the tests are still positive. But you need to rule out ep asap.

Glad you called and left a message....can't wait to hear an update as for now just PRAYERS GOING UP :)

I have a 1:00 appt for doc to check me out, they said nothing about a scan at this point, i'm gonna push for one

Deffenintly make them check you all over for a ectopic pregnancy. With your beta being so low A week ago I would think theres not way dipping it half urine half water would get anything specially that dark. I had way fainter of a line then that when I was pregnant at 13dpo with those test so your levels have to still be high

Just want to wish you luck Maureen, I havent posted here before but I read your thread every day hoping to read some good news, Best wishes to you x

I agree hun :( somethings not right and they gotta do something...its almost like they dont wanna have to "do" anything GRRR @ stupid doctors sometimes....lol....I'm so glad the office I go to are really good if I have something to whine about.....but any doc at that point should say okay THIS IS SERIOUS and you'd think they'd be more worried...hmph SMH :(

I am soooo praying ya find out today whats going on though lots of prayers and I'm praying they won't have to do a D&C or give the meth. shot :( that would break my heart for you hunny!! I pray they find out there is one little beanie in the right spot hangin on for dear life.......I've heard of crazier things :) ya never know.....chin up til then :) What time zone are you in? Central?

We're in the same Time Zone ;) I'm on the Upper West of the Florida panhandle so we got the same time zone LOL if I was an hour to the East I'd be on Eastern...LOL!

Praying for you, I haven't posted yet, but keep checking back for updates.

Well I'm here waiting at the doc office , I hate the look of pity I'm gonna see in their eyes , I just know they are gonna think I'm crazy , who knows maybe I am and it's just taking its time getting out of my system , my test was lighter awhile ago , but still positive

If they give you that look I'd be changing docs....they need to understand YOUR their patient you CHOOSE to go there....if they dont want to show you any care....then screw them :( I feel so bad for you hunny I've been in situations where docs made me feel awful :(

Update us soon as you know something hun :( I'm so sorry :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

They did nothing but another beta, he said its not etopic cause i'm not having pains in my stomach and cause my numbers would not have dropped if it was etopic, I guess i might just be one of those ladies that take a long time for tests to go negartive, my test was soooo much lighter this morning so who knows, I'll guess i'll just wait for beta resul;ts tomorrow, I hope it dropped good enough, he did say he could give me a pill that would take care of it but I dont want that unless i have to

Good that its not ectopic but sucks you really didn't get any answers :(

Bummer...but maybe the numbers will have dropped low enough you wont need those pills...lots of :hugs: and more prayers your way :( I cannot imagine how bummed out you feel right about now....how irritating :(

I think you need a different doctor. They should not be ignoring the pain in your shoulder if it is not normal for you to have that. I can understand beta slowly going down, but idk this is just a bit much if you ask me, especially since you did bleed. What if it was ectopic but was able to pass but still tore a hole in your tube? You could be bleeding internally. How do you feel otherwise? Tired or weak? I have not had a known ectopic but I have read you won't have alot if pain at first, maybe some of the other ladies with experience know more about that.Just sucks they arenot doing more for you. Have they done a cbc or any other testing? There are reasons women produce hcg that are not pregnancy and they can be serious. I'm not big on doctors but if that was me I would be running to the er by now and getting a scan to make sure nothing bad has happened. I really hope you can get more answers soon. take care of yourself hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->