• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm looking for a buddy!

Hi Tella - glad you had a great time away! Sounds like your looking forward to a couple of stress-free TTC months, perhaps something good will happen :)

We haven't done much to the nursery yet. It was DH's computer room up until last week... we got him a new desk (one that fits better into our dining room) and he 'moved out'. So we now have a nice big room to decorate. But we have a lot of junk in that room... we can not use our basement for storage because it tends to leak in the spring, so we've kinda used the computer/baby room for storage up until know lol. So our next step is going through boxes and dismantaling DH's old computer desk, then we can give the room a fresh coat of paint (probably yellow).

We have also choosen an animal theme for the room... I made some cute animal motif cross-stitches (lion, giraffe, zebra, hippo) which I will be framing as pictures on the wall. So we'd like to stick with the animal theme lol. My mom will be making our baby bedding and the window coverings (she's a seamstress) so I can go with her to pick out the fabric, which will be fun and save us some money :)

Hey ladies not much going on here! My first scan is dec 13th! Can't wait! Our boy name will be Ryker or Everett and for a girl we have Kindall but not sure bout the spelling for that tho.

How is everyone else?

Those are great names Ann - I can't believe you have names picked out already lol... i'm still deciding and am not 100% set on the name we like. Yay for first scan, your lucky to get one so early... I was 12 weeks when I got my first scan. Can't wait to see a picture of your LO.

Tella:: Glad that your week away was good... and that the welcome home was even better! ;) haha. Good plan on just taking it easy until the new year - I might consider doing that as well. Hopefully we get our :bfp:s and don't have to though! :dust:

Joanna:: Ohhh, that sounds so exciting! An animal theme is cute, and having family help to make bedding & curtians makes it that more personal and special - and saving money is always a plus! :)

Ann:: You must be getting so excited!! I know I would be. Those names are adorablly unique. Any sign of morning sickness yet, or are you still in the clear?

AFM:: Not too much going on... just counting down the days until the 13th so I can beg/plead/demand a clomid prescription out of my obgyn. Haha. Aside from that DF & I are just taking it day by day, suffering through wonky temps - not sure if I even Ov'd yet, which is frustrating. We are just bd'ing as much as we can.

:flower:

Good attitude Cara taking it day by day, it's all you can do. I hope you ovulate soon so you can sit back and relax during that TTW (though I don't remember it being too relaxing... more impatience haha).

As for the animal theme... I found yesterday at Canadian Tire a room boarder and wall stickers that will go perfect when we decorate (lots of lions, tigers, zebras, etc).. so cute. I haven't bought them yet, but will when DH and I decide to paint the room.

Also, my mom will not allow us to buy our baby bedding set... she insists on making it haha. She loves to do that stuff, plus, you're right, it will save us lots of money. The amount of money stores charge for a crib set is insane ($100-250 or more!!). All it will cost me is the amount for the fabric lol.

I think I could relax a bit more in the 2ww if I knew/could pin-point the Ov... not knowing is what is driving me up the wall.

Cutee!! Animals are always an adorable choice - I personally like that idea a bit more than the Winnie-The-Pooh theme most people I know decide to go with. I cannot wait until I am able to start decorating a nursery for a baby! I think it would be a good release after all this time trying/all the Dr appointments.

Just wanted to wish you all a very Happy Holiday since I know we are all busy at this time. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday and take some time to relax.

Ann - just checked back and noticed you said you had your first scan on Dec 13th, how did it go, hope things went well. Got a scan picture to show us?

As for me, this little one is getting much more busy kicking and moving about. I think it was either an elbow or knee that kept poking me in the belly today... yesterday either his head or bum was pushing against my ribs lol. So things are starting to get a little uncomfortable now but I'm not going to complain because I know how much more growing he (and I) still have left. lol.

Anyways Merry Christmas to you all :xmas9:

Hey ladies sorry I'm late.. Just going to work all the time and sleeping.. Appointment went very well!! My due date was changed to July 17th!

Attachments

• babynumber2.jpg
    babynumber2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 2
Awesome Ann, so glad things are going well. Completely understand on the sleeping/tired thing... I feel like i'm in first trimester again because the tiredness has returned. I feel asleep on the couch after dinner last night for an hour haha.

I hope this holidays give you some much needed rest. The new year will be very exciting for us!

Hi Girls, Im still on my break so only check in every now and then.

Wow, Ann that is a beautiful scan picture!!!! You must be in :cloud9: everytime you look at it :)

I also just want to wish you amazing girls a wonderful Christmas and a splendid New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.babyandbump.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=315478&d=1324624711

Attachments

• mc.jpg
    mc.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 37
Hey ladies, hope you all enjoyed your holiday. Mine was ok, would have been better if we didn't have to do so much travelling... it get pretty tiring and puts DF in a cranky mood - which isn't fun over Christmas time. Haha. Hopefully you all got what you wanted! :)

Ann: That is an awesome scan pic!

Hey ladies. We also had a busy day on Christmas, including travelling. Cara did it snow Christmas day like it did here, it made the roads bad for getting home.

We had a very nice christmas, even if it was tiring. Got lots of baby stuff, which makes me super excited to get the baby room decorated. DH and I plan to book a weekend off together in January to get the room painted and set up.

Also, this baby is growing at an incredible speed now. My What to Expect book says he should be about 2lbs now! He is also very busy kicking and moving around... felt the hiccups the other day, it was so cool to see my belly twitching with his every hiccup.

Well I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas, what sort of plans have you made for New Year?

I can't wait till I get to where I can feel the baby move..! Thats always do exciting.

It wont be long for you now before you feel movement Ann. I started to feel kicks around 18 weeks, but felt those fluttery ones around 13-14+ weeks. Its so exciting!

I'll post a new bump picture soon.

Ann - did you have the glucose test with your last baby? I'm having it done in a few weeks and just wondering what it was like... some people say its aweful and some say not too bad.

What have you all got planned for New Year?

It wont be long for you now before you feel movement Ann. I started to feel kicks around 18 weeks, but felt those fluttery ones around 13-14+ weeks. Its so exciting!

I'll post a new bump picture soon.

Ann - did you have the glucose test with your last baby? I'm having it done in a few weeks and just wondering what it was like... some people say its aweful and some say not too bad.

What have you all got planned for New Year?

I think with ryleigh I felt the first movement at 17 weeks. And yep I had the glucose test i had to do the hour one.. And it didn't come out to good then I had to go in and do the 3 hr glucose test and that one turns out fine. And it's not bad at all.

Perfect, good to know. Not worried too much about it, there is nothing I can do... just need to suck it up and take the test. Just glad to hear some different experiences. How are you feeling?

Did you all have a good New Year? I don't do much exciting, it was nice to just relax... I went to my moms house and we had a nice dinner and watched some movies until DH was done work. Today I spent the day taking down my Christmas decorations :)() and cleaning the house, back to work tomorrow.

Hello girls :hi:

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To you to that are due already in 2012, we wish a speedy delivery and healthy baby. For us still trying :wink: we wish for a BFP soon so we can also be due in 2012!

If you dont follow my Journal this is what is going on at the moment with me :D I cant wait for my next cycle!!!!

I went to the FS on the 12th of January for a cracker of a appointment, did my annual check up, 6months post opp appointment and TTC appointment all in one :happydance: So the good news are that there are no sign of the endometriosis or chocolate cyst I had :wohoo: He also confirmed that I have already O'd so im taking AF to be here in the next 12-14 days at the longest, so 25-27 January. Will not test till the 28th.

He suggested that the next step will be IUI with the use of Femara as the ovulation inducing meds and a HCG trigger shot. Then IUI 40hours the shot! The cost was half of what I thought it was gonna be @ R 2000- 2500 ($250 - $320).
At first DH was like no, we have to wait another 6 months to which I started crying as men don’t understand the stress of each cycle. But this were whilst we were waiting for the doc. Once the doc came back he explained that the OD is at its most effective for 6 months following the opp and there after it decreases, so that made DH rethink about the six months. After discussing it we decided that we are gonna book the IUI for my next cycle which should be around the 25-27 January.

Joanna > We want to see a bump pic :D You must be showing properly new, seeing that you already have a squash :haha:

Anna > How you doing?

Cara > Any new news on the TTC side?

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Tella - Happy New Year to you too!

So glad that your TTC is working out well for you right now. Congrats that the endometriosis and chocolate cyst is gone! Can't wait to find out your results at the end of the month!! Sooo much good luck to you.... :dust: and I hope that the little guys :spermy: catch the egg this month!!

Everything seems to be going well for me. LO is busy moving about and his kicks are getting strong enough now that sometimes they get a bit unconfortable, especially when he pushes at my ribs (still can't tell what body part is doing that to me). We have decided on a name (can't remember if I've told you all)... his name will be Kieran John (John is DH's and his grandfather's middle name).

DH and I have plans this coming weekend to paint the nursery. We have planned to do a safari/african animal theme with lions, monkeys, giraffes, etc. Will be painting the room a nice light sandy yellow colour. We are also getting the crib and change table on the weekend too! Super excited to start getting the nursery together.

How is everyone else doing? Cara, Ann?

I'll post my last bump picture that I took almost two weeks ago at 28 weeks. I can't believe I'll be 30 this week... only 10 more to go!

Attachments

• 28 weeks.jpg
    28 weeks.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 3
Ah cute, you have such a cute baby bump!!!!! It must be amazing to feel him move inside you.

The room is gonna look gorgeous! Cant wait to see photos of it.

That is beautiful names. We also gonna pass DH's second name to our Son if we have one so his names will be Joshua David :D Still undecided about a girls names :haha: Jumping the gun a bit i know but its fun :lol:

Are you going for normal birth or C-Section?

Thanks Tella. I will make sure to take pictures of the baby's room when it's all done. We got the car seat and stoller last night and DH and I spend time getting it put together... I even made room in the front hall closet for the stroller to go! lol.

I like the name you have picked. We were the opposite, we had 2 girls names picked out and no boys names lol... so it took us awhile to decide on Kieran.

I plan to have a vaginal birth. At this time I don't have a specific birth plan, I think my plan is to go with the flow... i'd like to try without pain medication for as long as possible but knowing me I'll likely get an epidural. Also, if they have to do a c-section (most likely only in an emergency) then I'm not going to stop them. We have an appointment to meet the doctor who will be delivering in a few weeks time... so we'll see what he says and if I actually need a specific birth plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->