• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm looking for a buddy!

Wow sounds good and like your getting prepared.

We booked our reception hall and church around November time (2009) and booked it for August 2010... we thought we had lots of time to do things but the time went really fast. So its good that your so prepared already and have almost a year to plan.

As for a photographer, they are really expensive! I wanted to have a photographer but also didn't want to spend a lot of money... I think companies around here were charging $500 just for the ceremony... if you wanted them to take pictures before or after the ceremony you were looking at over $1000! We ended up using a family friend, she'd only done 2 weddings before us, but charged us only $400 and was there for the whole day! So it worked out well. You also want to choose someone your comfortable with as its nice to let them know what kinds of pictures you want - candid or posed, etc.

Yeah, I have been noticing that time is moving quickly!! Haha. Scares me a bit, but not much I can do about it. Except try not to think about it. :)

DF has mentioned using a friend or family member because it would be cheaper, so we have been looking into that as well. We have also decided to not go with a catered meal, but ask both sides of the family if they can help with making sandwiches/salads/desserts... food in general.

We had our meal catered but rather than paying per person/plate we opted for a buffet style meal. Which turned out to be much cheaper. We also had DH's grandmother make our cake (she had done a few family wedding cakes in the past).

One of my biggest pieces of advice for you is: if you have family from out of town coming and will need to stay in a hotel - book a block of rooms off for them. Your guests get a discount and you don't have to pay for the rooms if they don't get taken (your guests get up to a certain date to book, if they don't book then the hotel will book the room to another person). So I would suggest doing that soon if it's something you might need... we booked the rooms in January for our August wedding and we were really lucky to get them as the weekend of our wedding was a major event in our town we didn't know about at the time, if we had waited longer there would have been nothing left!

WOW planning a wedding is soooooo much fun!!! If it wasnt that expensive i would redo my vows every year just to plan it all again...:haha:

Its almost weekend :happydance:

Im gonna be MIA for next 10 days as im going to my guesthouse in the countryside to help out a bit. Once i get back i should be close on Oing and DH is staying at home so when i get home he will be very eager to BD every night :D and that suits me as it will right in time for lining up the spermies.

I start my soy tonight, 180mg from CD3-7, hpe i O around CD14, fx'd

Woo hoo Tella!! Hopefully the Soy works for you! And that when you get back (and bd like mad rabbits ;) ) you catch that eggy!

I second you Cara! Have a good time on your trip Tella.

How was your guys' weekend? My was a slight disappointment - but only because we got 1/2 as much done as we would have liked to and it took us twice as long... complete bummer. Although, we got a bit of christmas shopping done, so it makes it one less thing we have to worry about as we keep crossing people off the list of 'gifts to get'. haha.

**Side note:: I know I ranted pages back about how I was heartbroken that my friend decided to name her baby Kayden right after I told her that it was DF & I's #1 boys name... now though, I think it was a good thing. I liked Kayden because I didn't hear it around so to me it was unique - now everywhere I look people have named their boy Kayden/are going to be naming their boy Kayden or are thinking about naming their baby Kayden if it's a boy.

All I can say to that - Kayden. Overload. -Everyone said things happen for a reason, and I can see that reason now. Haha.

Cara - it's funny that you mention that name, I'd forgotton you'd had the rant awhile back about the name. I'd actually looked through some baby books about a month ago and really liked the name Cayden (forgot you liked it). However, after some research on the name we decided against it because of how popular the name has become. I'd honestly never heard it before then.

Me either. Then I was like ::LoveLoveLoveee:: and suddenly every mom/mom-to-be was naming their boy it. I had planned on spelling it Kaedin since it was different. The growing popularity turned me off of the name.

That's what is so hard about choosing a baby name. My mom and I had come across the name Ava back in August, which I thought was really nice and I didn't know anyone with the name. Now, I find out that it's currently #4 in popularity, so i was longer interested. Maybe in the future we can use Ava as a middle name if we end up with a little girl one day.

Yeah, I just hope that when I (finally) get my bfp that any name that we agree on either isn't on the popularity list at all or is pretty low down. Haha.

Hey ladies just wanted to update... Not much going on... I've been having to run to the restroom more.. But still no morning sickness. I hope everyone is doing alright!

Glad you haven't had any morning sickness yet!

Not much to report either except that we got our first bit of snow and freezing rain last night. What a yucky morning but at least I get out of shovelling show this year! hehe.

Ann: Glad to hear there is no morning sickness yet!! Hopefully you don't suffer from any!

Joanna: It's snowing here as well, coming down pretty good. *sigh* Not looking forward to driving in this. Apparently in the city there were 30 accidents between 830 & 950 this morning!!

Yikes I can believe the accidents.. it's really icy outside. When we left for work this morning DH spent about 15 mins scraping as there was such a thick amount of ice under all the snow. Good thing we got the new tires put on the car last week!

Yeas, that is a good thing. You guys have to be extra careful now with that little one in your belly!

Yes for sure, i'm making sure to walk slowly and I get out of having to shovel or scrape ice this winter :) Poor DH, he was up at 6am... took the dog for a walk and then had to shovel/scrape the ice...he didn't get breakfast and we left for work at 7:30, so he was pretty tired by the time he got to work. I'd normally have helped him do one of those things.

Awee. And people say that the women are the only ones that have tough times throughout the pregnancy. Hahah.

Hi ladies,

Sorry for going MIA but im a very relaxed about TTC the next 2 months, if anything im gonna enjoy the rest of the year and not be stressed out about TTC. Everyone is in a happy, party mood and Im gonna be too :lol: Not temping, no OPK's nothing, and I must say it feels GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! BD is fun again, and also because I was away from home for a week, DH is super naughty and we had LOADS of fun this weekend, its like we dating again :haha: think im gonna go away for a week more often :lol:

Im also not on BnB much either, will only check in on Monday mornings to see whats happened and give a quick update :)

I did take soy this cycle but only to help with my O, next cycle im not taking anything untill I see my FS in Jan.

I'm very skeptical at telling anyone what the names are that i want, as my SIL did the same when we told them our boy names, but luckily they had a girl. So im keeping quite till the day it is announced what the sex is and what his/her name is.

Ann > getting closer on your scan date :thumbup:

Joanna > Have you started with the nursery yet? or have a theme chosen already?

:dust: :dust: :dust:
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back