I'm new here, would love a ttc buddy!

Congratulations Bookity :happydance:

I did a test 3 days ago and it was BFN, would that have been too early to test

Did you say you were due to test in 4 days?? If that's the case then yeah, 3 days ago is pretty early to be doing that. It's very rare to have a positive at 8 dpo like I did. It happens, but not often. You've still got a chance!

My first symptom was unusually sore bbs. They usually get sore with AF but this was triple that pain. The next symptom was gas and nausea. These started about five days after I was supposed to ovulate. I tested bfp at 10 dpo.

Did you say you were due to test in 4 days?? If that's the case then yeah, 3 days ago is pretty early to be doing that. It's very rare to have a positive at 8 dpo like I did. It happens, but not often. You've still got a chance!

fingers crossed [-o<

First official doc appt today eeek! Lol so nervous! Whats going on with everyone in here...its been quiet =s

Nothing new here, im still testing and still BFN :nope: think I might go to the doc soon, coz its been a year now and still nothing, i'm starting to think theres something wrong :cry:

:happydance: for docs app. what will happen at this one? Make sure you let us know how it goes.
:hugs:

Doodlebug. Do you chart? If I remember rightly I don't think you do. If you keep track of your BBT you can find out a LOT about your cycle. I know that I was assuming when I ovulated when we were TTC at first. When I started temping I found that my LP was shorter and I was a bit of a late ovulator so we kept DTD too soon. It would also provide great information for a doctor if you decide to see one. It can be a bit of a pain to get used to doing, but once you're used to it, it'll be like second nature.

AFM: I have my first appointment on April 24th so I have a ways to go before that. Have only shared the news with my husband's parents. I was going to wait until the first appointment, but that's so far away so I don't know what I'm going to do.

nope I dont chart, to be honest I have no idea how to :blush:

whats your LP?:blush:

:haha:I havnt got a clue :dohh:

nope I dont chart, to be honest I have no idea how to :blush:

whats your LP?:blush:

:haha:I havnt got a clue :dohh:

The main part of charting is taking your temperature every morning (before getting out of bed or doing anything) every day of your cycle (or at least start by the time your period ends). Your BBT (basal body temp) will rise after you ovulate (and stay elevated until you get your period and your next cycle begins). Your LP is the "luteal phase", that's the time between ovulation and your next cycle beginning, the time in which your eggie would be fertilized and implant in your uterus. A very short LP can make conceiving difficult, but there are things you can take to extend the length of your LP.

I never did get into everything else that can go with charting (tracking your cervical fluid and cervical position), but just tracking your temp can tell you a lot.

Most people use a BBT thermometer to keep track of these temps. It's like any other digital thermometer, but it shows temps up to hundredths instead of just tenths, so it's more accurate.

I spent a year TTC my first before I got serious about charting and 6 months later I got my little girl wonder. :)

You can get an account at www.fertilityfriend.com and start keeping track of your BBT to get the feel for it. Even if that's all the info you keep track of it'll help. OPK's could help too. Start to use those a few days before you think you'll ovulate (if you chart a cycle or two you might see a trend of when you ovulate -- or you might not) and just keep taking them (2x a day when you start seeing the line get pretty dark) When you get a positive just BD BD BD until you get a 3 day consistent rise in temps so you know you Ov'd (and FF will give you red "cross hairs" when you have 3 days of consistent high temps.)

thanks so much bookity :hugs:
i'm gonna check out fertilityfriend now :thumbup:

I never would have thought there was so much to this! I naively thought dtd once or twice wud do the job!:blush:

thanks so much bookity :hugs:
i'm gonna check out fertilityfriend now :thumbup:

I never would have thought there was so much to this! I naively thought dtd once or twice wud do the job!:blush:

That's alright. I was the same way before.

This second time around I just did what worked the first time right away and ta-da! We conceived the first cycle trying! It can happen!

Thank u bookity...am startin to feel a bit more positive :)

No problem. After you start charting if you have any questions, one of the groups I joined on here has some very knowledgeable ladies when it comes to charting. I'll have to go find the link for it, but it's WantingABubbas TTC group.

ETA: https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-bud...p-open-all-38-lovely-ladies-5-shiny-bfps.html

No problem. After you start charting if you have any questions, one of the groups I joined on here has some very knowledgeable ladies when it comes to charting. I'll have to go find the link for it, but it's WantingABubbas TTC group.

ETA: https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-bud...p-open-all-38-lovely-ladies-5-shiny-bfps.html

thank u :flower:

Hi!! First appt was basically just getting my history, figuring out dates and answering my questions. But my doc did bring out the doppler today =D so I got to hear all 170bpm =D reception is going to call to schedule my first ultrasound ...totally exciting.

I love to hear that!! With my first I didn't hear the heartbeat until 12 weeks! Maybe I'll get to hear it at my first appointment this time! I'm hoping I get a scan right away too, fingers crossed!

hi ladies! currently ovulating!! would love some buddies! my husband and i are actually using at home insemination method due a condition i have that makes it near impossible to have intercourse. ive been to that forum but those ladies have been chatting for awhile and i dont want to just bust in on their conversations! LOL. would love to share the experience w/someone other than my husband. (mami of one (2 1/2yo boy) ttc #2 first cycle)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->