Is this normal?

Braven, now I'm thinking the same things that if it was going to work it would have by now.

Just decided that everytime AF shows I'm getting a new pair of shoes to soften the blow lol

Sorry to hear Hannah :( At least you know you have ovulated, that's happy news at least! How often did you BD this cycle? Every other day was what was recommended by my doctor.

Braven--while taking Femara, was your AF heavier this time around?

Today is CD2 and (tmi) I filled a regular tampon within 2 hours this morning to the point where I'm glad I had on a pantyliner as a precaution.

Hannah so sorry :( but the shoe idea is genius!! Maybe talk to your doc about trying something else but you might just need to give it more time

Yes I decided that me and DH will BD every other day during my fertile window the cycle instead of everyday.

Also maybe a day or two after i always hear people say that

I'm sorry Hannah it sucks. Don't give up on it yet. The femara bfp thread on babycenter shows lots of people successful on their 3rd round and even 4th or 5th. Not time to lose hope yet.

Gina, I have not found AF to be heavier or longer. I was actually surprised this month because my lining was kind of thick according to the u/s I had.

Aww sorry Hannah. It's coming for you, hon. It won't be much longer till you see that bfp!

Thanks ladies, def going to need some retail therapy today lol.
My GP is starting me on 500mg of metformin so hopefully that will help.

I have my fx soooo tight for you hannah for next cycle you will get that new year bfp

I think the Met will help Hannah! Obviously it hasn't helped me get a bfp but it definitely did something hormone/cycle-wise. Before I started taking the Met my cycles were unpredictable - sometimes 31/32 days and sometimes 35-39 days. I was also spotting throughout my cycle. After about 3/4 months of the Met the spotting stopped and my cycles got shorter and more predictable.

Just keep in mind that it can be rough on your stomach and may take some getting used to. I've had an awful response to it but not everyone does. Usually the side effects only last for a couple of weeks and then get better. Mine have not subsided after 6 months. I wouldn't take the stuff if I didn't have a good reason (i.e., TTC) for taking it! Make sure you take it with meals and try to avoid high carb/high fat meals.

She is lucky to have you here braven hope to see more bfps in this group soon

Braven, has the metformin helped you lose weight at all? I was really thin my entire life and have recently put on a few pounds.

The stomach problems you are talking about, did it make you throw up or what exactly?

Still no AF. I'm really annoyed because clearly theres no chance of a pregnancy and I just want to get on with the next cycle.

I wanted to ask you ladies your opinion on something.

I had my IUD removed on April 6th and this is what my cycles were like following:

1st cycle: 51 days

2nd cycle: 50 days

3rd cycle: 70 days

4th cycles: 32 days

5th cycle: (1st femara round) 32 days

6th cycle (2nd femara round) 30 days

Do you think my cycles were too long prior to starting the femara to have been o'ing at all?

I don't think they were too long for Femara, they're getting shorter and more regular which is a good sign.

As for Metformin, I was already losing weight at the time I started taking it so I don't know if it helped me lose any weight. It does for some people though.

As for the side effects. Mostly diarrhea...like really bad. Heartburn as well and stomach upset. Should settle down for you after a couple of weeks.

I've read a few posts where ladies have taken Metformin with a small snack at night due to the side effects. That way they kind of sleep through it.

I'm taking 1000 mg 2x a day which is probably why it's so bad. It doesn't matter what I eat, when I eat, when I take it. The side effects are just always there unfortunately.

My temp went down but still no AF?? where is this ugly b*tch lol if you're coming to ruin my month at least do it in a timely manner!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->