• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is this normal?

That's crazy...but makes total sense. I have PCOS but no cysts so I guess that's why I never get false positives. I almost never ever get full positive opks, even the month I conceived my daughter.

Tomorrow is my u/s - I'm kind of nervous. I really hope there are some follicles there. I will be heartbroken if there aren't. I kind of felt crampy last night and was worried that I was ramping up to O already. Today is CD 12. We BD'd last night just in case and will again tomorrow. Probably for the next 12 days every other day.

Fingers crossed for some good sized follies!! Have you had any more side effects affects from the increased dose of femara?

Funny side note... I think those IC opk's I was using are faulty because I had DH use one and his came up blaring positive as well!!!

Haha that's hilarious. Well guess that answers that. Yikes.

I have had some minor side effects with the increased dosage. Pinching feeling in ovaries here and there and sore breasts on and off. Aside from that, just the headache I got last cycle.

It's post-o that most of the side effects hit me last time.

So that was a pretty positive appointment I just had! I had two follies on the left, nothing significant on the right. One follie was a really good size and shape, typical of impending ovulation, the other was slightly smaller but odd shaped so she said probably a cyst.

She also looked at my lining and said it was responding perfectly to the follicle growth. She said they want something over 10 and mine was 15. Honestly, she was almost giddy with what she saw on the u/s.

I asked her about the old trigger shot in my fridge and she said she couldn't recommend it but if I did take it, it wouldn't hurt anything. I'm debating taking it tomorrow.

We also talked about moving forward if this cycle doesn't work. She's willing to bump me up to 7.5 mg if I want, but wants me to do one more cycle at 5 mg first. We also got a script for a semen analysis just in case.

So, now we wait I guess! How's everyone else doing?

Yay!! I am so glad to hear that your appointment went well!!
Does she think you will be ovulating in the next couple of days??
Also I was wondering..
Normally how many days past O do you see a temp spike? Or is it always the following day? And what exactly does the trigger shot do? Heard about it but my doctor has never mentioned it or anything.

To be honest it makes me sad that I'm only 20 and needing fertility treatment. :\

I'm sorry Hannah, that is really hard. On the bright side though, you found out early and have soo much time to work on it. I know it must be difficult because I'm sure you know a lot of people your age who are getting pregnant with no trouble at all. But you could have waited to ttc until you were years older and then have further delays doing treatments. I think it's a good thing to know so early so that you can have a plan in place. Hugs though, I know it's hard.

In terms of the trigger, it forces you to release any mature follicles. Hard to say when or if I will ovulate without, although having a super mature follicle is a good sign.

In terms of the temp spike, I believe it's the next day. It's been a while but that sounds right.

Yes it is hard, but I do have to agree that i'm lucky for finding out so young. I know it take a lot of women years to be diagnosed. Did you end up using the trigger?

I did! I used it Monday night at 8:00 pm. Had some light cramping on and off since then and this morning super strong cramps and lots of ewcm. I woke up around 5:00 am with a headache and cramping.

If the trigger worked, then it appears to have induced ovulation about 32 hours after using it.

Hubby and I DTD Monday evening and then again this morning before work lol Not sure if we should do it again tomorrow or Friday morning. Friday may be too late if I'm releasing the egg today.

How are you doing? Where are you in your cycle now?

I am on cd 10 today. I'm feeling slight pressure on my ovaries so hoping that my follies are growing well.

I had my follow-up appointment yesterday, and since my dr. won't do ultrasounds during the follicular phase, she ordered a cd 21 progesterone draw. (It will be more like cd 27 though if I O late again)

I have been charting as of CD 2 lol it's kind of fun. I hope it will be able to confirm O for me.

By the way I was totally stalking one of your old post and I saw your tattoo & I love it. :)

Aw thank you. It didn't come out EXACTLY as I had envisioned it...but I had a friend do it and I still love it a lot. It helps me to remember to hope, because I don't have a lot of it left after so long.

You have an amazing amount of perserverance and that's a really awesome. Honestly, if anyone deserves a BFP, its you.

I guess I don't really feel like I've handled it all so well. I struggle and cycle through (especially in the winter months) bouts of depression where it's the only thing I can think of and I can't make it through a day without crying, sometimes more than once.

I have incredible amounts of guilt as well because I feel like I should just be happy with the one child I do have, as many people struggle to just have one. But the pain is not really comparable and you can't just turn off the desire to be a mother, whether it's to one child or two.

I have so much hope for you though! Having caught it early and getting on meds and making a plan already...I really have my fingers crossed and am happy to lend support!

Hi Ladies! Good to hear things are moving along in a positive manner. Sounds like your last appt went very well--Hope this is the cycle for you, Braven!

I'm one day behind you, Hannah! Currently CD9. I just started OPKs yesterday; I know it's early, but just wanted to start early for no reason.. I guess to watch the lines progress? Haha. I don't temp partly because I wake up too much throughout the night...... yay for cats :dohh:

I feel you on the cats Gina! I have the same problem. Little critters are all over the bed all night long. I am temping but I'm not considering it a reliable prediction of anything at all. Sometimes I'm up at 4:00 am and sometimes I'm up at 5:00. Sometimes 6:00 lol So yeah...it is what it is I guess.

my chart is really beginning to piss me off lol maybe I can try to post a pic and you ladies can tell me what you think!

Braven,
I go through cycles of depression as well. My doctor told me that having PCOS makes one more susceptible to depression. But, I have struggled with deprssion and anxiety long before TTC.

I can 100% relate to it being the only thing you can think about somemtimes. Half the time I feel optimistic and that any month could be my lucky one, and other times I wonder If I will be in this same exact position years down the road.

Don't feel guilty that you want another baby. Like you said, you can't shut down the desire to be a mother. It's what makes the world go 'round! :)

Happy Friday! :hugs:

Hannah, thank you. I don't generally deal with depression. I mean, I did when I was a teenager but haven't in almost 20 years. The only think getting me down these days is the desire to have another child and not being able to.

My chart is making me angry as well. Based on when I triggered and when I felt ov pain and ewcm, CD 15 should have been O day but my (wildly inaccurate) temps made FF pinpoint CD 14 as O day. So according to the chart I'm 3 dpo today. I don't know why I'm bothering, really lol

Let's see your chart :)

Hey ladies glad to see your both still here and doing ok, I'm gearing up to o cm is changing should o around Tuesday fx for us all this month my af is due day after Christmas so should make for some special testing days if we get bfps

Hi wanna! Looks like we should all be starting around close to Christmas this month! Let's hope for good news for us all and Christmas BFPs.

Do you ladies experience any symptoms during ovulation? Besides the cm and temping.
Not sure if this is tmi, but do you usually get an abundance of ewcm or do you check your cp for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->