IUI and Femara

I just survived 10dpiui. I decided not to test this morning, but I think I might tomorrow (Sunday) morning. If it's negative, I will ignore it, because obviously it's too early.. If it's positive, I will have more time to be happy. I solemnly promise myself not to be upset if it is negative.

I saw my doc this morning and he still recommend trying injectables, but is ok with me sticking with clomid for another few cycles. I might try clomid + timed intercourse next if this cycle doesnt work out.. This is what worked three years ago for me.

It was negative :(

Ugh i hate seeing bfns! Hang in there! Like you said, 10dpiui is still early. Try to enjoy today and still be hopeful that this cycle works out. :)

Thank you Calinina. I'm trying to be as positive as possible, but I get so anxious and depressed around the end of the cycle. I spent the last week of my life googling symptoms every chance I can.

Please keep me posted on how your monitoring appointment goes tomorrow! I hope femara brings you good results!!

I totally understand Sassy, we always get our hopes built up around the end of our cycle, hoping to see that BFP. Hang in there!
Well I had my u/s today, and unfortunately only have 1 follicle, measuring at 19.5mm. With clomid I always had multiple follicles :(. But I found out that with clomid my lining was only 4.7mm, which is too thin, I'm surprised she didn't tell me that last time. This time with femara my lining is 9.4, which is great. So hoping this cycle works out! I go in for my iui on Thursday.

One is all you need. I'm pretty sure my doctor said that femara produces higher quality follicles.

That's strange that your doc never mentioned your thin lining. Even when I'm on femara mine is usually around 5 on day 10. They give me a seven day course of estrace to fix that. It usually works in 1-2 days.

Do you have to go in for monitoring again before Thursday? Are they going to trigger you?

My clinic does excessive monitoring.. Daily after follicles are 1.6, until lh surges. I started ignoring them and only going on day 10, 12 (at which point I usually surge, or they would trigger).

Tomorrow is 14dpiui for me. I will test in the morning before going in for my beta. I'm not optimistic. Just planning for my next day 3.. I hope it falls on the weekend..

Yea I thought it was strange that my doctor never mentioned my thin lining, but oh well, now I know to always ask :).
I was told to trigger tonight, my husband does it for me and usually my RN friend helps us but I think my husband will be able to do it himself tonight :). I'll go in for the IUI Thursday.
I hope you get your BFP tomorrow!!

Hi ladies, mind if I join you here? Dh and I met with re today. He is going to do complete bloods, ultrasound of my ovaries, and a sonohystogram? To check my tubes, sa for dh, and recommended we do Iui with femara.
I have taken femara unmonitored before, with no luck.. I ovulate, but no bfp...
We will be doing 5mg, trigger shot and Iui... Our insurance only covers diagnostic testing, but no treatment.. I was utterly blown away when I asked what the Iui would cost us.... Only $400.00 I was expecting $2-3000.... I don't know if that is a good price, but the facility is independent from the hospital, so they charge less.. Hoping for a bfp this month! We have been trying for almost 2 years..

Hi ladies, mind if I join you here? Dh and I met with re today. He is going to do complete bloods, ultrasound of my ovaries, and a sonohystogram? To check my tubes, sa for dh, and recommended we do Iui with femara.
We will be doing 5mg, trigger shot and Iui... Our insurance only covers diagnostic testing, but no treatment.. I was utterly blown away when I asked what the Iui would cost us.... Only $400.00 I was expecting $2-3000.... I don't know if that is a good price, but the facility is independent from the hospital, so they charge less.. Hoping for a bfp this month! We have been trying for almost 2 years..

Hi Miskas, welcome :). Of course you can join us.
Sounds like you're doing all the preliminary labs and tests, which is needed to make sure you and dh are healthy. So it sounds like right now you haven't been diagnosed with anything, right? Me and dh did all the tests and he his morphology is 5.4%, which is on the border of optimal. I had some cysts and polyps that were seen in my HSG test & got that removed last year. So right now we're diagnosed w/unexplained infertility hoping for the best with femara right now :). We've been trying for 2.5 years now, so I feel your pain!
Yes, IUIs aren't that expensive, thank God, but everything adds up.

When did you start taking femara?

Hopefully we get our BFPs soon :)

Welcome! When is your first iui cycle?

I got my negative beta result. Time to start all over again..

I'm torn between trying clomid+timed vs injectables+iui next. Part of me is wondering whether iuis are ridden with experimental error... Did they overheat or under heat the sample? Did they perform the iui correctly?

Good luck tomorrow Calinina.. Hoping you get a good count!

Hey Sassy, I'm sorry about the bfn, I know how frustrating it can be! But hang in there, it will all work out somehow :)
Because you're somewhere between unexplained and male factor, I think you should definitely do iui + clomid or injectables, whatever you feel at ease with. Obviously with injectables there's a higher chance, but with that comes a higher chance or multiples and I don't know how comfortable you are with needles...it's also pricier I believe..but you could also do clomid/femara with injectables which cuts down on the days that you would actually have to do the injectables...there are so many options, but go with what you and dh feel more comfortable with...try to relax as much as possible and treat yourself to some ice cream :)

hugs!

I have a few questions about how iuis are done at your clinic...
Do nurses ever do them?
Are you ever left in the room with the washed sample in your hand for 20+ minutes?

The answer is yes to both for my clinic. I don't know if I trust what they are doing...

IUIs are always done by my doctor and no I'm not left in the room with the washed sample in my hand. Usually my husband and I will leave his sample with a nurse who washes the sample and then I'm called in for the iui usually an hour later.

Our first iui will be this cycle.. Waiting for af to come now.. Should be this week. My new re wants to start asap, as we have been trying for so long.

Our first iui will be this cycle.. Waiting for af to come now.. Should be this week. My new re wants to start asap, as we have been trying for so long.

We are in the same boat, I am also waiting for my next cycle to start. Good luck!

I just finished my iui, dh had 30 million for his sperm count. Praying this cycle works out, crossing my fingers! I'll start taking the prometrium in 2 days.

I just finished my iui, dh had 30 million for his sperm count. Praying this cycle works out, crossing my fingers! I'll start taking the prometrium in 2 days.

That's great news! 30 million post wash?

Is your prometrium a suppository?

Best of luck that this is your lucky cycle!

Thanks Sassy! Yes, 30 million post wash.
Yes, my prometrium is a suppository, I take it 3 times per day.
Question- do you usually take your BBT the next day after your IUI to make sure you've ovulated? I usually do take my temperature, and my temperature usually doesn't go up until a couple days post IUI...I'm wondering if that's normal.

Wow, Cali, that is a great sperm count! Fingers crossed!

To answer your question, I took Femara for 10 days (I think?). I usually have long cycles and O on like day 19-20, so the Femara definitely sped things up.

Miskas - $400 sounds great to me! I think mine was $625 for the procedure plus the cost of meds, of course.

Good luck to everyone! I'm rooting for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->