IUI and Femara

Thanks Sassy! Yes, 30 million post wash.
Yes, my prometrium is a suppository, I take it 3 times per day.
Question- do you usually take your BBT the next day after your IUI to make sure you've ovulated? I usually do take my temperature, and my temperature usually doesn't go up until a couple days post IUI...I'm wondering if that's normal.

Hi Calinina! I don't take temps. I think it would lead to too much obsessing for me! Hope you're having a relaxing tww. I got my serophene prescription today. This cycle I will be doing timed intercourse.

Hi Calinina! I don't take temps. I think it would lead to too much obsessing for me! Hope you're having a relaxing tww. I got my serophene prescription today. This cycle I will be doing timed intercourse.

I'm trying to relax during my tww, but you know how it goes :). I've never heard of serophene, what is that? Good luck to you on this fresh new cycle!:happydance:

I'm trying to relax during my tww, but you know how it goes :). I've never heard of serophene, what is that? Good luck to you on this fresh new cycle!:happydance:

Serophene is a different brand of clomiphene citrate. It is the same drug that I used three years ago.. It was successful in my first cycle.. Two follicles led to one beautiful baby boy. That was timed intercourse. I feel a lot calmer this cycle knowing that I will have minimal monitoring appointments, and no time off work. Just praying for another miracle.

What tww symptoms did you have when you got your bfp a few months ago?

My bfp symptoms were mainly a concentrated gas feeling in my lower abdomen area as well as a pinching feeling, never had this feeling before, it almost felt like I pulled a muscle in my lower stomach. Also felt a stabbing feeling in my side. Praying for a bfp again!

Interesting symptoms! I'm sure you're going to have good results this cycle.. Your husband's counts were so good! And you're so young! Your body is ready for this!

Dh is going in tomorrow for his sa.. And I think tomorrow will be cd 1 for me.. Some spotting happening tonite. So if all goes according to plan, I will had cd 3 blood on thursday, start the femara on saturday and have the Iui in a couple of weeks...

Mr dr want to do the trigger shot and monitor to make sure everything is looking good... I don't know why we waited so long to go this route.. Hopefully it works the first time.. We have already decided that if it doesn't work we will try again, but we won't go the ivf route.

Interesting symptoms! I'm sure you're going to have good results this cycle.. Your husband's counts were so good! And you're so young! Your body is ready for this!

So sweet, thank you. What were your symptoms with your last bfp?

Dh is going in tomorrow for his sa.. And I think tomorrow will be cd 1 for me.. Some spotting happening tonite. So if all goes according to plan, I will had cd 3 blood on thursday, start the femara on saturday and have the Iui in a couple of weeks...

Mr dr want to do the trigger shot and monitor to make sure everything is looking good... I don't know why we waited so long to go this route.. Hopefully it works the first time.. We have already decided that if it doesn't work we will try again, but we won't go the ivf route.

Hope he gets good results for his SA. I hope your femara/iui combo works on the first time too, but if it doesn't, don't get discouraged as it usually takes on average 3-6 cycles to work. :dust:

So sweet, thank you. What were your symptoms with your last bfp?

My symptoms were increased discharge that was yellowish, and no AF symptoms (no cramps, no twinges, no constipation). I only tested on 14dpo.. I was so disciplined back then!

well now im kind of disappoined... we have to wait till next month to start the IUI. i guess i misunderstood the dr. DH had his SA this morning, waiting on results. then thursday i have to go for blood work, and next tuesday for an ultrasound and they are going to do something with salene through my tubes.. its not an hsg. i cant remember the name of it. then next month we will do the actual iui... so bummed out... i thought we were doing it all this month. :cry:

ugh ya Miskas, I understand your frustration, when you've been trying so long every month counts! But maybe after you do the saline procedure it may increase your fertility, so that may help...anyway keep us updated :)

well now im kind of disappoined... we have to wait till next month to start the IUI. i guess i misunderstood the dr. DH had his SA this morning, waiting on results. then thursday i have to go for blood work, and next tuesday for an ultrasound and they are going to do something with salene through my tubes.. its not an hsg. i cant remember the name of it. then next month we will do the actual iui... so bummed out... i thought we were doing it all this month. :cry:

Is it a sonohystogram or something like that? That's the only other saline procedure I can think of. If it is, it should be the last of your big tests before you can get the ball rolling full speed. Once it starts, everything moves so quickly!

Yes holly that's it! A sonohystogram.. I couldn't remember what it was called... I was still bummed... But on a good note my father in law has started his chemo treatments today.. We are really hoping that this works and he gets to meet a new grand baby.

He had prostate cancer about 18 yrs ago, has been in remission, but it's come back and matastized to his bones.. Drs are hopeful the chemo will help and give him 2-3 more yrs. he is only 70..

Calinina - how is your tww? Any symptoms?

My day 10 is Sunday, I'll be going on for a scan that day.

Calinina - how is your tww? Any symptoms?

My day 10 is Sunday, I'll be going on for a scan that day.

Ugh, the tww has been torture! Lol! I've been feeling nausea, stinging/tingling nipple, sore sides of boobs, on and off pricking feeling near uterus..my temp keeps rising and dropping, ugh I'm just praying I get a bfp next week!
How are you doing sassy? Any side effects from your treatment?

Pricking feelings sound promising! When is your beta? Will you be testing at home ahead of it? Best of luck!!!!

I'm alright.. Trying to remain calm. Drinking a lot of water and green tea.. Since I think it's supposed to help CM. Have you heard that?

I'm kinda finding peace by making a 3 month plan. If this cycle doesn't work, we will try injectables and iui 2-3 times, and if that doesn't work, ivf time. I never thought I'd have to go that route, but I'm really having doubts about iui working. I feel like it would have worked by now (4 tries) of it was going to. I don't really understand why injectables have higher success rates, I'm going to ask my doctor on Sunday. If I'm already ovulating every month, what can injectables do for me?

I'll be testing at home next week, starting Wednesday :).
Yes I've heard drinking water helps!
I think that 3 month plan sounds great. Injectables have a higher success because they cause more mature follicles to develop. So if you got one follicle with femara and 2 follicles with clomid, you could get 4-5 follicles with injectables, which increases the probably of sperm meeting egg, or multiple eggs! :)
Keep me updated!

Sassy, I agree with Cali about the injectables. How many mature follies did you have on your previous IUI rounds?

I had my day 10 today... For the first time in many months, my lining is 5.9, so I don't need an Estrace boost. I have 5 follicles.. The largest is 1.3, and there are 4 that are 1.0. I really hope a few of those 1.0s catch up. Usually by now I have at least one 1.6 or larger. My doctor said that if they mature too quickly it could be bad for egg quality... So hopefully this totally different cycle is my lucky one!

As for injectables, my doctor insisted that they have better success rates because of egg quality, not because there are simply more follicles. Sounds encouraging... This will definitely be my next move.

Calinina.. And telling symptoms? Just a few more days!!

Sassy that sounds great! Hopefully 2-3 of the 5 follicles will mature :).
I'm dying during my tww, I actually took a test this morning (11dpiui & 13dpt) and I got a faint positive, I'm cautious though since it still may be the trigger. I'll test again tomorrow! My symptoms are larger nipples, mild nausea, trapped gas feeling, extremely tired, poking feeling...but we'll see :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->