IUI and Femara

Congrats... I think this is real! 13dpt has got to be long enough!

May I ask why you waited until recently to try iuis? I'm just basing that question on the info in your signature. Were you seeing an RE all this time?

I sure hope it's a BFP. Last month I took a hpt at 12 dpt and I got a faint positive, then the next day it was negative so I think the trigger stays in me a little longer..but we'll see..
I began seeing an RE last summer and she wanted me to begin iuis right away but I wanted to try acupuncture and herbs. So I did that for a while then decided in May of this year to stop acupuncture and go back to my RE.

Very weird... My trigger wore off by 9 or 10dpt a few cycles ago. I guess everyone is different.

Stay positive! Are you using FRER?

Fingers crossed, Cali! Sounds very promising. I was told to wait until day 14 to test but really, what's one day?

Ugghh, so I took another hpt (I've been using frer) this morning and it's a much much fainter positive then yesterday, so I think it was the trigger, no bfp. I'm a little frustrated and disappointed, I just want to be pregnant :(. My dr said we'll go back to clomid if this cycle doesn't work, since I got pregnant 2 cycles ago on clomid. It's just that with clomid my lining is thinner (4.7-6.4 compared to 9.4 when I took femara). She said she can give me some estrogen to help with the lining. I'm trying to stay positive today so I can do my work right now at my job, but I keep thinking about how bad I want to get pregnant...I'm trying to really believe that God's timing is perfect, so if not this cycle, then another cycle. If any of you read the Bible, I've been meditating on Psalm 23, which is helping me. Anyway, stay encouraged all of you, and thanks for reading my rant this morning!

Cali, I wouldn't read too much into the shade of the lines. I think a positive is a positive. Tomorrow is your beta, right? Try to stay positive tonight! My fingers are crossed for you!

So I had my hystosaleogram thing today.. Dr saw fluid spill out one tube super easy, the other one he said it was bubbling, and looked good, but he ran out of sailene and lost pressure to make the other tube spill, but the bubbles were all the way to the end of the tube, so he said he thinks it's ok. And because we are on day 8 he started me on femara today, and we will see how the follicles look on Monday weather or not we do the Iui this month depends on follicular development. He thinks its still early enough in my cycle to give it a try. I tend to have longer cycles anyways, so he doesn't think it will be an issue with the late start of femara.

We will be getting the novidrel trigger.. Dh gets to give it to me....

Cali, good luck with your beta!

Thanks Sassy & Miskas. I actually only go in for my beta if I have a positive on Thursday morning, which would be 2 weeks from my iui. I'll test again tomorrow morning and see what happens. Thanks for the well wishes.

Quick update.. I had a day 13 scan. Only one follicle, 2.0. Hopefully it's a good one. I'm not surging yet. I will be in again on Day 15 for another scan.

I think my BD schedule will be Day 13/14/15.

Well I got my period this morning, but I'm okay, I thought it was coming anyway so I feel like I was mentally prepared for it this time. I've scheduled a CD2 scan for tomorrow with my doctor. Last time I spoke with my doctor we said if this cycle didn't work, I'd probably do clomid again since I got pregnant with clomid. So I'm guessing I'll do clomid this cycle and then maybe move onto injectables?? So much to think about...
Sassy that's a good size follicle, hope it works out this cycle! :) :dust:

I'm so disappointed Calinina.. I really thought you would have good news today. At least you had a fairly short cycle. I hate waiting for AF after a confirmed Bfn..

I'd do clomid again if I were you. It worked once, it will work again.

I decided not to go in again for monitoring this cycle. I got a positive digital opk this morning. That is enough proof for me that I surged and will ovulate if I haven't already! My clinic does excessive monitoring.

What do you ladies use for a trigger? And do you mind me asking what you pay for it, if your insurance doesn't cover it? My re ordered me hcg.. Not sure which one yet, it's coming tomorrow, and it was $120.00 I'm not sure if that is a good price or not. They order from freedom fertility pharmacy

I'm just kind of following along with this thread since I'm doing ivf instead of iui but my hcg shots should have been the same price without insurance. I found out the hard way when freedom didn't take it and I had to pay out of pocket.

I had checked with my insurance co. They don't cover the trigger.. But they cover the femara.... Go figure... They also don't cover the Iui.. We are paying out of pocket for it

I hate how they can just pick and choose like that. Mine ended up putting a cap on the prescription prices so I've had to pay out of pocket just under $2000 right now plus they don't cover freezing/storing of eggs so that's another $1000 we're looking at all for just a chance of making a family. I swear the people that come up with the rules must be fertile and have no issues to be able to put these limits on us without caring.

Oh I know its like the fact that they consider infertility elective and not a medical condition... Oh ya sure like I chose to have fertility problems! I think they should make insurance companies cover anything related to infertility and treatment. It's crazy, we pay all this money for insurance and what good is it if they don't cover what you need it to!

Luckily our re is an independent practice, not affiliated with the hospital, so their prices are a lot lower than the hospital re office.. And all of the drs used to work at the hospital, but they decided that they wanted to help people so they left and started their own low cost facility. Our Iui will be $400.00 plus the 120 for the trigger. I didn't think that was all that bad of a price.

I'm so disappointed Calinina.. I really thought you would have good news today. At least you had a fairly short cycle. I hate waiting for AF after a confirmed Bfn..

I'd do clomid again if I were you. It worked once, it will work again.

I decided not to go in again for monitoring this cycle. I got a positive digital opk this morning. That is enough proof for me that I surged and will ovulate if I haven't already! My clinic does excessive monitoring.

Thanks Sassy :) I'll definitely be doing Clomid again. The only hesitation I have about Clomid is that my lining gets thin on Clomid :( the time I had my m/c my lining was 6.7 and then last month my lining was 4.7! My doctor said she'll give me estrogen/estrace to deal with that, so we'll see what happens.

Happy that things are going well with you this cycle :)

Welcome to this thread Holly :) keep us updated with your treatment plan for IVF! Hope all is going well.

Miskas, I usually pay about $120 for trigger and my insurance doesn't cover that as well. My insurance covers labs and ultrasounds but we pay out of pocket for iui ($358), Hcg shot, and progesterone ($200).

So I met with my Dr today. We discussed different options- clomid (It worked before but it thins my lining) vs injectables (she's worried I'll overstimulate) vs ivf (really expensive!). Decided to try Clomid again. She told me to try 150 mg of Clomid and see how my body responds to that so I'll be trying that..just hoping the 150 mg doesn't thin my lining, but I'll be taking estrogen supplements to help with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->