IUI Buddies

Mine didn't test progesterone either. I have the suppositories and I hate them. I just feel yucky all day. Plus super tired.

I know that when using injectables the RE recommends Progesterone for the lining

AFM tested this morning and BFN, still no sign of AF though. Looks like ill be moving to ivf for me iui is a waste I cannot deal with another TWW.

I'm sorry for the bfn :nope: But until AF shows, you're not 100% out just yet.

I felt the exact same way about IUI. I'm not even sure if it worked for me or if hubby and I just timed it right with bedding. But I think IVF will be great for you. They will be able to take his best sperm and your best eggs and hopefully give you your dream baby!

yea I know what you mean. but we bd after iui as well I was sure we had all our days covered. idk its just not working again for me.

I'm sorry love. This tww is the worst I've had to deal with since ttc.

Ivf is our best option, but our insurance covers nothing :-(

@smile Yes im very drained and mentally exhausted. so I think I will do IVF in March im taking a month break and exercise and just get my body in order from all these meds. :shrug:

IVF is a good choice. It's totally not as scary as it seems also!

Thank u @amanda I am nervous about it but I've made up my mind that it's what I want to do

I know how draining this process is, the last bfn I went into a depression, still not completely out of it. IVF success rates are triple what IUI are. Actually I'm assuming that IUI won't work for me, but we'll try it at least since IVF isn't covered snd so damn expensive. When we go back to IVF it'll also be in March, so we can do it together!

I love me-

Sorry about the bfn, but I'm hoping the bfp will make a fashionably late appearance for you.

Hi ladies

I was wondering whether I could seek your advice on medication.

I saw a different clinic as I'm not very happy with the one I went to for my last iui (clinic going through major refurb so I had to go to a sister branch for the actual iui and I just didn't like it there.). Anyway, the doctor asked me why I was on gonal-f on my last iui and not clomid, I told him that I tried 6 months of clomid a few years back (without iui) and it didn't work, so doc moved me on to gonal-f with iui. That worked first time so I repeated the same treatment for my second iui. Anyway, that didn't work obviously. I asked what meds I should be on. She said can try gonal-f again but given it didn't work last time maybe give menopur a go. Previous iuis also involved ovitrelle as a trigger shot then cyclogest suppositories. This new clinic suggests pregnyl for trigger and crinone gels for progesterone. What did you ladies use? Any reviews?

Also, did u do one insemination per cycle or two? My old clinic did two (on 2 consecutive days). This clinic says one insemination as no evidence to suggest two inseminations helps when using partner sperm (we can bd after iui). Also, when did u do iui after trigger? Ie how many hrs after?

Thanks ladies.

@mk8 I'm not familiar with injectables, but it all depends on how the egg quality is on diff meds it is a difference. I was put on Femara because clomid didn't give me any mature follicles. Are you being monitored? . At my RE I do back to back iui's plus TI. For ppl only doing one its 36hrs post trigger. Take Ovidrel between 7-9pm then iui the next day or 36hrs depending on how many. I was told by my RE you O between 12-36 hrs after trigger and can get pregnant up to 72 hours after trigger

@mk8 - I wish I could help you re: medication, but so far I've only been on Clomid and Ovidrel.
My clinic does just the one insemination (and when we are cleared to have timed intercourse, we do that to cover as much ground as we can) and they recommend triggering 36hrs prior to IUI.

AFM - 7DPIUI and feeling quite the anxious mess today. Can't focus on work - to the point where I have to write reminders on my hand or I'll forget - and just feel very overwhelmed / anxious today. I really hate what our hormone levels can do to us.

mk8- I tried clomid, unmonitored, and it didn't work for me. My first IUI I did Gonal F and Ovidrel trigger and ovulation failed for me. I ended up giving myself two Ovidrel trigger shots that cycle and neither of them released my egg. My second IUI I did Gonal F and pregnyl. BIG needle (not painful at all so don't be afraid) and it definitely helped me ovulate but I didn't get pregnant that time. My third IUI I repeated the Gonal F and pregnyl and I finally got my BFP. The only thing I did different that last time was the doctor gave me a smaller needle so I could inject the pregnyl in my stomach instead of my butt. It's definitely a bigger dose than Ovidrel.

4 Days after my IUI they started me on vaginal progesterone suppositories. I was doing 200mg (1 pill) at night. The discharge from it is minimal. I don't feel too many side effects. It's a nice break from the injections (I don't think I could mentally handle daily injections in my butt). My friend took progesterone orally and she was sick as a dog 24/7 until she was told she could stop. I definitely think the suppositories are easier to handle.

GL!!

Hi hope. Congrats on your bfp!! Good to know pregnyl worked for you!

POAS yesterday, 10DPIUI, CD24, 12 days post Ovidrel 250 mcg. Last IUI round I also tested 10DPIUI and it was BFN. I test to mentally prepare myself for AF coming (cycles last 26-28 days), so imagine my surprise when I saw a faint second line pop up pretty quickly.
Thinking it could be from the trigger, I tested again today at 11DPIUI with both FMU and SMU. Still very faint but still positive...
Will test again tomorrow.

that's great Katie! hope it gets darker~

Katie I read that with a huge grin on my face! Hoping it's gets darker and darker for you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->