IUI GIRLS General chat , Clomid etc

Lulabell, I only got 1 follicle with 100 mg Clomid. That's why I opted to add FSH injections this next round. We're aiming for 3-4 this month. I'll keep you posted.

Ahh but one follicle can be a good-un :D I had 3 follicles the first time, all average sized and none of them took. Just one follicle the second time, and it was a big bruiser :lol:. That one worked :D

Dont give up hope just because there is only one :)

Ah Vineyard, I am so sorry the witch got you too. What is up with the universe?!

I went to see my FS yesterday and low and behold I am like Akcher, my secondary cyste/follicle thingy is too big. My FS has said that it will take a month to shrink so will only be able to try again in January. I was so upset and cried all the way back to work but I suppose there is nothing I can do but wait and give the good old naturaly way a try, you never know a miracle could happen!!!

Akcher, what meds has your FS put you on to shrink your cyste/follicle thingy?

The new plan of action: AF came today :witch:. So I start 100 mg Clomid (CD 2-6) tomorrow. Ugh! That stuff makes me crazy. I get a baseline ultrasound on Monday to make sure my ovaries look good. I do Provelle (FSH) injections CD 7 and CD 9. HCG & insemination somewhere thereafter.

After a couple days of crying :cry:, I am ready to spend the weekend recovering and hope will prevail once again.

Debshopeful, sorry to hear you have to wait some extra time. That's rough! Hadn't seen you commenting for a couple days, so I was glad to see you back on.

For those of you who want to know how long it takes AF to come after discontinuing the Progesterone: Wednesday night was my last evening of progesterone and AF came this am.....so 2 1/2 ish days.

:hug: to all!

Do you all take your Clomid in the morning or in the evening?

You are meant to take it in the morning, something to do with your hormones.

Hi. I am new to this thread, Heres what has happened so far and whats to come!

Sept 2005 - October 2007 TTC Naturally - :bfn:
October 2007 - PCOS - prescribed metformin - :bfn:

February - May 2008 - Clomid & HCG (Pregnyl)
1st cycle - 2 follicles :bfn: nurse said possible chemical.
2nd Cycle - 1 follicle :bfn:
3rd cycle - 1 follicle :bfn:
4th cycle - 2 follicles :bfn:
June - November 2008 - TTC Naturally - :bfn:
September 2008 - Hysterosalpingogram scan (Dye & Xray) - All Clear
November 2008 - IUI Consultation & Swabs Taken - All clear
December 2008 - 1st IUI cycle. I should start taking the clomid for this any day now and then should have the scan & HCG (Pregnyl) injection around 8th December, IUI 24 hours (i think) after that. If it all goes to plan my testing day will be December 25th aka Christmas day!!

So just waiting for the :witch: to show so I can start this next phase!

Welcome noddysgirl84.

Good luck I hope you have a successful cycle. :dust:

Debshopeful, I just called a pharmacist and they said Clomid could be taken morning or evening, it just has to be the same time everyday. I took it in the am last time and I get awful side effects for about 6 hours. So, I'm going to try taking it at night so I can sleep through the side effects.

Did the doctor tell you to take it in the am?

:cry::bfn::cry:
So this cycle I'm going to be taking five days of letrozole and two days of follistim. Has anyone one had any luck with this combination? I just can't help but to wonder how long I should keep trying before I except the fact that another baby may not be in my futrue!

Hi girls, been to my doctor. I'm about to start cycle 3. I had a left over follicle so I had to take BCP for 1 week to shrink it. It's still not completely gone but the doctor cleared my to go ahead once my blood test comes back. My husband is also going to be out of town so we are planning to freeze his sperm. On a side note, my insurance is changing starting the 1st of the year and my meds is no longer covered. I'm trying to get the authorization for IVF before the first so I can get a cycle worth of meds.

akcher - Best of luck to you this cycle. That way you don't have to worry about the whole insurance thing!
:dust:

FX Akcher that you won't need those IVF meds after this next cycle.

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!!! :hug:

Hi Girls,

Any news?

Akcher, if I go by your ticker, you would have had your IUI either yesterday or today. How did it go?

Vineyard, do you know when you are all booked in for your IUI?

noddysgirl84, not long for you now sweetie.

Other ladies, any ideas when it will be your turn?

I am hating this round out. We are going to try natual but I wish I could give it everything I have got. I am only on CD10 but i did have the starting of what sort of looked like EWCM so who knows maybe I will end up ovulating all on my own this month. That would be soo awesome.

Debshopeful, I'm not entirely sure yet. My ultrasound will be on Monday (CD 10). I'm thinking the IUI will be December 6th or 7th but we shall see. It depends on how well my body responded to the FSH injections. Did my first injection this morning. Ugh.

DH and I have done a lot of talking and are thinking (if negative this month), we will take some time off to regroup, put money back into savings, sell a car, and do IVF in the summer.

FX for everyone to have a :bfp:.

Debs, my cycle was delayed a week due to a left over follicle. I need to take BCP for a week to shrink it. I am still doing the injections and I have a doctor appt tomorrow to see how my eggies are growing.

Good luck gals. Wishing us all a Christmas BFP!

Akcher, keep me posted on your insurance stuff. I have a friend who did In Vitro and got all of her meds online for a total of $900.00. That's still a ton of money but way cheaper than going locally! That's nice to hear though that some people have insurance that covers infertility treatment. Mine has covered nothing! Bleh!

Ultrasound today to see how many follicles I have. Prayers that the FSH helped! I'm hoping for 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->