IVF / FET Feb/March 2017

Thanks guys!

DH was trying to convince me to postpone to end of Feb cycle and i threw a massive BF... The idea of waiting for the process to start is torture he wants to be more prepared and it doesn't make sense to me. Id rather be done waiting for results than waiting to start.

Also our doctor wants us to test the embryos this time before transfer back, that means 5 day blasts and I usually do day 3, I hope that doesn't have a negative effect!

How's everyone doing?

Are you starting in a week too October? and is it short or long protocol if so?
Haha I have a 10K run coming in a few days and I just did one ten days ago, hoping that speeds AF up !

I am still awaiting on AF. I use to hate seeing her come. Now I need her to hurry. Haha. I'm due next week. Keeping fingers crossed.

Bombo- welcome. Sending lots of love your way. Good luck this cycle!

Scooby- congrats on your classes. That is exciting. One steps closer

All the waiting is killer, the tww, the first scan, then the 12 week scan, the anatomy scan - all crazy long waits, and I think it feels longer for us IVF girls because we had to wait to start IVF, do the IVF cycle and then wait for transfer.
3dpt feeling emotional, but that's normal.

Hope you all have wonderful days!

Scoobybeans, when does your schedule begin? I saw you said next week are you starting with down reg injections?
I should be starting next week too. I can't wait for the scan and scratch. Anyone else having a womb scratch?

It long enough ttc naturally for years and then IVF comes along and somehow feels longer!
Bombo, what protocol will you be doing? Are they changing anything from your previous ivfs? Wish you luck for this third go and congrats on your first.

For me and oh, we've simply been savings and saving and had to wait to start this jan/feb simply for money issues.
I have one little boy natural miracle despite my horrible endo. But ever since no joy just one mc last Christmas and even another year of ttc and nothing. So here I am.
Myshelsong, not long to go to test how do you feel?

Is anyone else waiting to test now?

Exciting stuff, good luck everyone x

Hi Alana, so very sorry for your Christmas loss.
I know time is flying buy and creeping along at the same time. I feel totally normal just overly emotional with it all. I just want to test and see two dark lines knowing that I am pregnant. Keeping the fSit, just not sure it is going to happen you know. So many variables.

Hi lana, I had a scratch for dd bur didn't for last fet and won't for this one, only because the first time was part of a clinical trial I done and they don't do them if not a reason at my clinic, I do believe they work though so wishing you lots of luck!

It long enough ttc naturally for years and then IVF comes along and somehow feels longer!
Bombo, what protocol will you be doing? Are they changing anything from your previous ivfs? Wish you luck for this third go and congrats on your first.

For me and oh, we've simply been savings and saving and had to wait to start this jan/feb simply for money issues.
I have one little boy natural miracle despite my horrible endo. But ever since no joy just one mc last Christmas and even another year of ttc and nothing. So here I am.

We're doing the short protocol for the third time too, they might increase meds to get more eggs though! Thanks honey!

The saving is just as challenging to be honest, my egg count is low and we can't afford to wait, we've taken out a loan for this third one so praying for it to work so bad! So sorry for your Christmas loss. This journey is definitely the most challenging part of my life and it's something you're just not prepared for. Lots of baby dust your way Hun!

Happy Thursday everyone! :)

bombo- I'm sorry DH is being so difficult. I get frustrated with mine from time to time but after all of this time at least I know now that he wants this just as much as I do. We're saving too & taking out a loan so it's been a tough road to get here. A lot of people think 5 day transfers are more successful, so I wouldn't worry about that. Good luck!

my- Thinking of you this week. :hugs: I'm sure the wait isn't easy! I hope you're able to stay distracted until you test.

lana- I'm so sorry for your loss. You asked about my schedule. I'm expecting AF around Feb 5th, then I'm supposed to go in for baseline blood work and U/S and they start me on BCP until my ovaries are calm. Then I start stims. Really not sure how long the whole thing will take, but I'm anxious to get started at this point :)

How is everyone else doing today? Work has been nuts for me! :wacko: It's good though, it's making the time go faster.

Hi Alana, so very sorry for your Christmas loss.
I know time is flying buy and creeping along at the same time. I feel totally normal just overly emotional with it all. I just want to test and see two dark lines knowing that I am pregnant. Keeping the fSit, just not sure it is going to happen you know. So many variables.

Thank you. It's been so difficult and looking back now I know I was suffering from post natal depression.
I admire your patience, and think you're doing fantastically. I know what you mean, you just want it so bad and think about it happening but just seems a distant dream. I pray this time will be successful for you and those two pink lines will appear xx

Hi lana, I had a scratch for dd bur didn't for last fet and won't for this one, only because the first time was part of a clinical trial I done and they don't do them if not a reason at my clinic, I do believe they work though so wishing you lots of luck!

Oh thank you. I hadn't even heard of them until recently. My clinic say they've seen it helps promote implantation 😕 and can't hurt... So I just agreed. I do hope it's all worth it in the end.

Think you're very strong going onto third one after last fet. Wishing you lots of luck too xx

We're doing the short protocol for the third time too, they might increase meds to get more eggs though! Thanks honey!

The saving is just as challenging to be honest, my egg count is low and we can't afford to wait, we've taken out a loan for this third one so praying for it to work so bad! So sorry for your Christmas loss. This journey is definitely the most challenging part of my life and it's something you're just not prepared for. Lots of baby dust your way Hun!

Thank you. I totally agree with you on that, this journey is the most challenging part of our lives! It indeed has driven me and my oh round the bend before we've even properly began.
That must be very stressful and worrying thinking time isn't on your side because of the egg reserves but then trying to save. Glad you've doing it now and really pray those eggs are perfect and this works for you. Xx

Just a quick update I think my schedule will be completely changing. My oh called up clinic to tell them about these migraines I've been having and they've said to immediately stop pill and brought forward my scratch appointment to this Monday instead of next week Friday. So so confused and worried again. Hate not knowing, when and what is actually happening. Guess I will find out Monday. Was meant to be on bcp for 21 days and I've only been on it 7 days.
Hope this doesn't mess it all up.

Lana that is strange. Let us know about your timing when you talk to your doctor.

Afm 5dpt and feeling totally normal, don't know if this little blast took or not. I wish I could just get a clear "yes I am in here" sign hahaha

Lana, thank you and hope all goes well despite the change

My, when are you testing? Hope little bubba is snuggling in nicely

Afm, af is here! Still can't start until next cycle but this is good news as thought I would have to take provera so still wouldn't get af for a least 2 weeks so good news!

Good luck star! You will soon be there, so excited for you.

I get my beta done on the 25 and stupidly tested this afternoon and got a stark white negative. I don't know what I was thinking i am only 5dpt. Oh well I will wait out and probably test at home on the 24 just to prepare myself before the beta. I am so scared it is going to be negative.

It's so hard not to test my, it's early though so probably best to wait until the day before, still time for it all to change! Thinking positive for you

Lana that is strange. Let us know about your timing when you talk to your doctor.

Afm 5dpt and feeling totally normal, don't know if this little blast took or not. I wish I could just get a clear "yes I am in here" sign hahaha

😂 that's tickled me. The little blasts don't tend to give us signs and prefer the long awaited 'surprise I'm snuggled up real good in here'
🙏🏼 praying xx

So I called yesterday afternoon as I didn't have a booming migraine...
A nurse I believe explained that all is fine and as I'm on the long protocol 'we have some time to play with' what!!!
I don't want to be played around with!
She said pretty much everything will be brought forward 5 days but we will be doing the same thing pretty much but WITHOUT bcp now and crucially no overlap of bcp and the gnrh, which I keep reading is vital (even says on my clinics website).
They won't allow me back on bcp whatsoever because it's 'dangerous to my health' and won't try me on another next cycle. I will find out more detail on Monday! And I know I'm going to have quite a few questions to ask... 😣

Not in happy place anymore
😔

My clinic does no BFP at all before IVF. I know every clinic has there own procedure, but there are so many that work.
I know you are concerned but I think that you just need to put your trust in your clinic and know that they have probably dealt with women that have adverse effects to the pill and know how to change course and still get a great outcome.
Breath and try to relax, I think you are in great hands.

I love your positivity myshelong. Thank you. I know you're right, but I feel plan b can't be as good as plan a. I just haven't liked the chopping and changing and starting a different day to the norm. I wanted it to be perfect and I know that doesn't exist but feel so far it's been far from. Just know I won't be able to afford this again for a long, long time and by then my endo may have damaged completely what I have left.

I will try to have faith in the clinic. I will ask questions though as finding out the reasons behind 'plan' does reassure me. Worse case scenario if me and oh are not 100% with plan b, we may back out and start next cycle again. I really want to continue but not to the detriment of the outcome.

Bring on Monday.

I don't blame you for testing I would probably do the same but just bearing in mind it's a tad early.
Over my years of ttc I've been known to test 2dpo 😂 and averaged 6dpo because I could never wait the full 2ww. So in my eyes you have the patience of a saint x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->