IVF / FET Feb/March 2017

Hey everyone, hope you all had great weekends :)

my- I'm sorry you got a BFN but for some reason I still think you've got a chance! Whatever happens, we're here for moral support :hugs:

lana- that's a bummer but great that you know how to prevent this from happening next time. FX the wait goes quickly for you!

star- hooray for AF!

secret- how are things progressing with your cycle?

How is everyone else doing? I took another look at my protocol and it looks like I'll be on BCP for 2-3 weeks which is longer than I thought. She also said I'd stim for 8-12 days. Yikes! So looks like I could be transferring as late as mid-March now. Kind of a bummer but I'm just going to have faith that they know what they're doing and hope there's something to transfer (and maybe even something to freeze). :)

Scooby my cycle is a pain in the a$$. Turns out I am a slow responder. Have been stimming for 12 days now. Have appx 10 follies and the biggest one is only 17 and my lining is 4.8 or something like that lol. Another check up on wed to see what's going on and the clinic projects er fri or sat. Who knows. I am just focusing on growing good quality stuff. I was extra crabby this am about my stupid dud body but went for accupuncture and had lunch with my niece and I feel more calm. I can't force this old lady body to respond so I am just gonna chill and hope it all works out. It's like a train wreck

secret- I'm sorry, that sounds super frustrating! 10 follies is great though and 17mm is definitely getting there. Hopefully on Wednesday they'll tell you it's go time :) If your lining is too thin are they planning to do a freeze all cycle? My RE is actually a big fan of FET if things don't seem to be lining up properly. She thinks you shouldn't force it. I'm glad you're feeling more mellow about everything now. Can I ask how many stims you've been on per day? Did they increase it at all when they saw you were responding slowly?

Scooby, I won't be transferring til maybe the end of March so don't worry you won't be alone!

Secret, I hope all goes well on weds

Star and scooby looks we will all be transferring around the same time. My provisional EC date is 13th March so hoping for a day 5 transfer on 18th March. It's for sure a bummer scooby waiting so long but you are right, let's have faith in them and know it's tailored for us individually. We will get there.

Secret I hope your eggies continue to grow well and your next scan things are looking just right.

Can I ask from day of egg collection how long do we have to wait to test? And I remember reading we can't test too early because of false positives? 😕

No hey haven't hanged my doses on anything at all. I think I am close to max dose though lol. I do 20 suprefact morning and night 150 menopur morning and 300 gonal f evening. I have been stimming for 12 days. I have opened myself up to a freeze all cycle if we are lucky enough to get some embryos that we can't transfer.

I told DH that o read the what to expect info 100 times before and the number one thing ladies said was be flexible. I thought I was but now I can see I wasn't lol. The second top thing was don't compare your cycle to others! Boy were they right. Dr google has not been my friend right from the get go on this thing. I am continuing to work on patience and day by day!

As for testing I am not 100% sure but when we did our iui I had a trigger shot and it took about 9-10 days to be gone from the ic's. Then of course I just continues to get bfn's. This time I don't think I am going to test out the trigger. I say that not but who knows lol.

Lana my official test date with dd was 9dp5dt so equivalent to 14dpo and was a blood test
With my last fet they changed it to 11dp5dt and gave me a hpt to do and then only go for blood test if this was positive

However with dd I started testing 5dpt and got a faint positive and with my last fet got a positive 4dpt

Both times I didn't have trigger though so I didn't have to account for this
If you are going to test early it is best to test the trigger out so when it fades or goes and then gets darker you'd know it was bfp rather than the trigger still

Thank you for that info star and secret. I normally have no control to wait to test normally. Perhaps with this IVF cycle I'll be super patient and scared to test incase it's only a false positive. That must be the most scariest moment waiting for the test to show pos or neg! After all the emotions, time and energy put into it. It simply comes down to that moment. I wonder can it be negative at the official test date then go on to become positive?

I know what you mean secret, you say you won't test early this time.... But it can simply just get the better of you. An uncontrollable urge. If only over the years I hadn't bought so many hpts each month then I would have saved enough money for the IVF!

Fingers crossed for all xx

Oh Lana, sorry you have to wait a bit longer but glad there's a plan set soon and hope this one is it for you! Feb 14 is just around the corner!

My it was something around 21, literally the very beginning and I tested because the spotting freaked me out, I thought I was out and decided to check a day earlier. Re tested the next day and it was rising so RE was happy.

AF showed up this morning! Should be starting tomorrow, I'm meant to go on the short protocol again, bring on the next few weeks - and bring on the meds bloat, mood swings and anxiety haha

Hows everyone feeling

star & lana- Hi cycle buddies! :hi: Waiting is the worst. :coffee: (I'm thinking of Jean-Ralphio from Parks & Rec when I say that. The woooorrrrsssstttt! Heehee.)

secret- I totally know what you mean about thinking you're being flexible and then realizing you're secretly not lol. I also, unfortunately, can't help comparing. I love to analyze numbers :) You must be triggering today, right? How did your appointment go?

lana- I'm a chronic tester too. It's so bad. I think I'm going to test my trigger out just so I can see those two lines honestly! Although the thought of watching them go white and never come back makes me sick.

bombo- Congrats on starting a new cycle! That's awesome you're on the short protocol. FX everything goes smoothly for you!

AFM, just getting everything checked off the very long list of things to do (medication quotes, bloodwork, loan approval, etc). I'm feeling more prepared now and really just ready to go! Also I think I've got my protocol down now. It's 2-3 weeks on BCP> 8-12 days Gonal-f or Follistim> Menopur> Ganarelix or Cetrotide> Ovidrel shot> egg retrieval> grow, grow, grow > egg transfer> baby! :thumbup:

Scooby I am triggering today! Finally! After 13.5 days of stims I am done!!!! Lining is 7 and I have 11 measurable follies between 21 -15. I have three on the left at 21! So a much better day now onto next phase

yay for the next phase!!!! So excited for you, i hope you get lots of follicles and they all fertilize fantastic.

Yay for that Secret! Fingers crossed for you!

Scooby that sounds fantastic! The loan part got confirmed just in time for us, pleased with that!

I'm feeling super excited to start, any idea on exercise with the process ?

Oh wow how exciting. So glad you've got all those lovely eggs. It must feel somewhat a relief to reach the trigger stage. Hope it goes smoothly xx

I'm ready to give up now. Can't believe my clinic have messed up again. I'm basically ovulating in next few days and will have begun my period before my scratch appointment which will massively reduce the chance of pregnancy (as scratch is meant to be in cycle prior to IVF roughly day 21) The consultant and nurse have let this big timing mistake go unnoticed. Luckily my brain is working and I've realised I'm surging today and will have af about 12 days after. Appointment a few days after my af will start 😤 it's meant to be day 21 or at the very least before af begins.
Called yesterday to explain my short cycles and the fact I'm likely ovulating early (because of their previous mess up). What's even more of a joke is they've given me this badly timed appointment because originally they couldn't fit me in as they're fully booked.

I am so frustrated they're wasting my time and making this whole process take twice as long as it should. They also don't take anything I say seriously despite me being proved right with their day 5 mess up already.
Sorry I'm just so upset they've messed this up again

secret- woohoo!!! 11 follies is awesome and they sound like they grew really nicely. Slow & steady wins the race, right? I'm so psyched for you! If you can, check in tomorrow and let us know what happened :)

bombo- I feel the same way! So ready to start this. I'm feeling really positive about everything now.

lana- I've never had a scratch, but a woman in one of my other threads was just talking about how she had one done early on in her IVF cycle, as her doctor believes it's better even closer to transfer date. Something you might want to look into or suggest. Is there any chance of changing clinics, if need be? I think eliminating as much unnecessary stress as possible from this process is key.

my- I've been thinking about you & wondering what's going on. I still have a good feeling so I hope you got some good news! Either way I hope you're doing well :hugs:

AFM, got my positive OPK this morning & I've been having super strong O pain last night and today, so DH and I are still trying to give this one more go naturally. After 2 1/2 years I'm assuming it won't work but it would save us a hell of a lot of money lol. Got our loan approval yesterday so we're ready for Plan B either way :)

Sorry Lana, that sounds crazy annoying.

Scooby good luck, hope this cycle is it for you!

Afm ... well we got a positive, but really faint. Beta is only 40, which is in the low side so we are going to keep our fingers crossed and move onto the next beta tomorrow. Hoping it doubles.

Secrets!! Good luck Hun, let us know how many they collect. We are thinking of you.

Hope everyone is having a great week so far! Try to stay positive this is such a roller coaster

Omg!!!!!!! It's a positive 😃 OMG omg OMG. That's a fantastic beta of 40, I pray it at least doubles by tomorrow.
Congratulations on that!!!!!!

Xxx

My, my clinic are super annoying. I really want to change clinics. Scooby, I think if I change and go elsewhere now it'll add even more time to the process and I don't have extra money that I've already spent on scans, meds and blood tests😔
I wish they could schedule me when they were meant to but they're fully booked. I would have preferred honestly, rather than them squeezing me in on the wrong day.
Just stuck and haven't a clue what to do. Feel my dream is far from my reach. 😞😞

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->