IVF / FET Feb/March 2017

Scooby- I believe I will be starting the long protocol. He called it the basic protocol. I will start birth control in the next week or so. I've never wanted a menstrual cycle to speed up. Haha. What about you?

The icepax burn is worse than the needle. I didn't use a cold pack I just went for it with the injections after a couple nights. But it was because I couldn't be bothered.
I am freaking out ladies, FET coming up soon I am super nervous and anxious. I want this so stupid bad. ugh
Why can't making a baby be easy for us? Pity party has officially started... I love hormones

My don't worry! Easy for me to say I know I freak out about everything but then I think what you all tell me and it calms me down! Your fet is gonna be awesome. I hear ya on not being able to have babies like everyone else. I don't know why but I have to believe it's for a reason. Pity party away! I'll be here to try and make you feel better!

My don't worry! Easy for me to say I know I freak out about everything but then I think what you all tell me and it calms me down! Your fet is gonna be awesome. I hear ya on not being able to have babies like everyone else. I don't know why but I have to believe it's for a reason. Pity party away! I'll be here to try and make you feel better!

Hello ladies, would it be ok to join also?
Has anyone heard of starting bcp on cycle day 5 before commencing IVF? My nurse has given me the green light just this Thursday and I've been on microgynon. Due to start suprecur injections same day as my womb scratch end of feb 😁 and go onto the stims a few weeks later. I'm on a long protocol.
I know it's usually day 1 or 3 that we are given bcp before IVF?
And now I'm worried sick, cannot sleep last two days it's all I can think about. Day 5 just doesn't seem right. I keep thinking it's too late Into my cycle and a dominant follicle could have been already chosen/growing and worrying this will mess up the IVF cycle and I will be £7000 out of pocket, heartbroken and mentally messed up a little more 😞

So sorry for the long post but am panicking and had to get this off my chest.

(Called nurse to tell her my concern and she just reassured me day 5 was fine with no proper explanation but ignored my concern about the follies being messed up.

(Sorry again)

I know you ladies are the best to ask, thanks and sorry again. Baby dust by the truck load all round x

Sorry Lana, I have no idea. I hope someone else can give you an answer, I think maybe I feel you lost this question as a thread in the assisted conception thread it will give more answers. Good luck Hun.

Afm had a bit of a panic attack during the procedure, but it went pretty smoothly once I took a minute or two. 4bb blast is officially in my womb, I am so excited, staying off my feel andtaking it easy for a few days.

How are you ladies doing?
October, has af started yet?

Hey, I'm 23 and starting our medication with my February cycle, egg retrieval estimated feb 13 and transfer on feb 19th! Boy does this feel so exhausting. I have a healthy 2 year old, my husband and I got married and then found out he has retrograde so our only option was ivf! Insurance was supposed to cover it then after approval rejected us! It's never ending problem after problem! But I just want this to work so badly!! As I want this to work for everyone on here!! Goodluck

Sorry Lana, I have no idea. I hope someone else can give you an answer, I think maybe I feel you lost this question as a thread in the assisted conception thread it will give more answers. Good luck Hun.

Afm had a bit of a panic attack during the procedure, but it went pretty smoothly once I took a minute or two. 4bb blast is officially in my womb, I am so excited, staying off my feel andtaking it easy for a few days.

How are you ladies doing?
October, has af started yet?

Was wondering how today went for you. Glad it was ok. Everything crossed over here for you!!

Welcome lana, sorry I can't help as haven't been on bc before ivf or done the long protocol but maybe someone else on the site has experience, try not to worry, I'm sure your clinic are doing the best for you, also you may not have heard it before as many clinics do things differently so it's not necessarily a bad thing, sending hugs and lots of luck

My, wow seems to have gone so quick but congratulations on being pupo! When of otd and will you be testing early? Sending lots of luck to you too!

Welcome joey, not long for you either before you have transfer, very exciting, sending baby dust!

Star af takes forever when we want it! Hopeing she doesn't come at all or gets here right now for you

Joey, welcome to the group. Feb is just around the corner, how exciting for you guys. We also didn't have insurance over it so I know how much it can hit the pocket book.

Lana - I second star, I am sure the clinic is doing what they honestly believe would feel best for you and give you the best outcome. I know every single doctor and protocol is different, and every clinic has different thought about what works for their patients. I would honestly just put my faith in the clinic and try to relax as much as possible. This journey is stressful enough. Hope you are feeling better.

Test date is on the 25. Kind of freaking out, but trying not to stress too much. Going to learn how to meditate haha

secret- I'm glad you're still feeling good. Hope the meds get easier for you! Have they given you any idea how long you'll be stimming for?

October- I'm on an antagonist protocol. BCP at start of cycle just to calm things down in beginning and then I start stims. I think I'm about equal parts nervous and excited now lol.

my- Congrats on being PUPO!!! :happydance: Go little 4BB, go! I'm sorry you had a panic attack, I suffer from them sometimes as well. I don't know why this is so hard for some of us, but I like to think that it'll help us appreciate our babies even on the worst of days because we had to work so hard to get them here :) I know it's hard but try to relax and enjoy being pregnant right now.

Lana- Welcome! I've never heard of taking BCP on day 5 but I'm very new to this process. Maybe you can ask to speak to one of the doctors in the practice to give you peace of mind? You have every right to know why they're doing things the way they are. Good luck!

Joey- Welcome! Seems like we'll be on a similar timeline. I know what you mean about problem after problem. It's taken us sooooo long to get to this part and there's still more waiting. FX it'll all be worth it for all of us!

star- I'm sorry you're still waiting, that must be so frustrating. Will they eventually give you something to bring AF on or will you just wait until it happens naturally?

AFM, I ended up starting AF on Friday after all. So if my cycle stays roughly 23 days, I'm looking at doing baselines around Feb 6th, starting BCP then as well and probably starting stims week of the 13th? Just guessing here :) We have our IVF class tomorrow and our meds class on Saturday. Seeming a lot more real now!

Lana -- Welcome. I think starting bcp day 5 is okay. I'm sure your doctors know what they are doing. Follicles are still fairly small on day 5. No worries! I know that's harder said than done.

Myshelsong -- Pupo! Hope the 25th comes quick for you!

Joeysmama -- Good luck to you!!

Star -- I'm waiting along with ya, girl :coffee:

Scoobybeans -- Good luck at your IVF and Med class!!

AFM: I am 5dpo today.. 9 more days!!

I phoned the clinic today and they will give me provera next Tuesday at my appointment to bring on af, I still think I have to wait for the one after that to start the fet but I'll ask again as seems a bit over the top when it would be nearly 3 months since the miscarriage even if I have only had that af I would have thought I could start then
We'll as long as scan is ok I can have the provera anyway so fingers crossed for next Tuesday

My, fingers crossed for the 25th, my birthday! Will be rooting for you!

I phoned the clinic today and they will give me provera next Tuesday at my appointment to bring on af, I still think I have to wait for the one after that to start the fet but I'll ask again as seems a bit over the top when it would be nearly 3 months since the miscarriage even if I have only had that af I would have thought I could start then
We'll as long as scan is ok I can have the provera anyway so fingers crossed for next Tuesday

My, fingers crossed for the 25th, my birthday! Will be rooting for you!

Fx love! Hope you can start next period!!!

Thanks to all that have given their opinions and advise and support. That's what we all need. I feel a lot better now and have spoken to a doctor (and also sleeping last night for first time in days) at my clinic who totally explained fully. I'll have an in detail ultrasound scan before starting the next step of injections that will check for any signs of a dominant follicle beginning. She agreed at day 5 it is possible for one to be dominant or start to be. If unfortunately this is the case I will need to stop bcp and wait for next cycle and start on day 1. Hopefully all will be dormant and injections will commence. Who would have thought anyone could look forward to injections.

I'm very excited for all you ladies who have already started a while back and will soon be testing.
Also excited to be starting this along side some other ladies here too.
🙋🏽🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Hi Guys

Hope I Can join in!
IVF is extremely stressful and I personally hate discussing it with family and friends, not a fan of pitty parties ;/
This would be my third attempt, my first cycle was a success even though the embryo quality was low and I only had the two to transfer! I have a 4 year old son from that
Second attempt I got three top notch embryos and non stuck, I regret not freezing one for a FET but my doctor thought my chances would be higher if I transferred three
This is my third attempt, awaiting AF to start in probably a week to ten days, anxious stressed and excited. The final 2ww is the worst part of it all I have to admit!

I hope the next month or two go by so quickly and smoothly for all of us!

beneath- thank you! I hope time goes by quickly for you :)

star- 3 months does seem long. I hope they give you the all clear to start, but I'm sure they'll do what's best to make sure you're fit to start the process over again. Maybe the extra time is good for you too, just to heal and grieve so you can make this a truly fresh start.

lana- I'm so glad you're feeling calmer. I admit, if I'd known how much everything seems to get delayed for this reason or that I would have started the IVF process much sooner! We went to see this RE in September and are finally (hopefully) starting in February. Crazy!

bombo- welcome! :flower: I'm also only sharing the basics with family and friends (except my mom because she's been so supportive and she finds all of it fascinating lol). Congrats on your son and good luck this cycle!

AFM, my IVF class was pushed to next week but that won't affect our schedule. Still taking the meds class this Saturday. I told DH the final exam was inject me with a needle, teehee. He was like wait, really? Lol.

I am still awaiting on AF. I use to hate seeing her come. Now I need her to hurry. Haha. I'm due next week. Keeping fingers crossed.

Bombo- welcome. Sending lots of love your way. Good luck this cycle!

Scooby- congrats on your classes. That is exciting. One steps closer

Welcome bomb, hope it all works out for you
I agree about the 2ww being horrible but I think I hate the wait between if you get a positive test and the first scan, it's just so much longer than the 2ww (last time I tested at 5dpt and 4dpt) so doesn't take long but that 3ww wait for the scan kills me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->