Ivf/icsi -feb/march 16

Eva welcome. Sorry to hear the news it comes as such a shock but the good news is your In good shape to get pregnant as long as ICSI works I'm assuming your doing ICSI because of male factor? That's what my husband has so we did ivf with ICSI and we're successful first try!

Almost- I have never had of a natural cycle. So you will only be on aspirin and crinone?

Wannabe- I will also be on Estrace and Lovenox towards the end.

AF started yesterday evening. I Went for my baseline US and lab work today. Got the green light to start meds. I am starting with Gonal F and Menopur for now until the next check up on Monday.

Hope you are all doing well.

That is really exciting that you are starting! :happydance: I am glad that your baseline and bloods were good! Good luck! :dust::dust:

Start exciting things are moving along for you now!

So yes there are medicated and natural so I'm just on baby asprin then the crinone when instructed probably right before transfer. It is probably only an option when the infertility is on male side I'm guessing I'm in the clear but dh has very severe male infertility which is why we did ivf with ICSI fully medicated which was so much more intense than this round I feel very thankful that's the case for me this time around I just hope it works!

Yes, the FET is so much easier in comparison to a full blown IVF cycle! Fingers crossed that your natural cycle is a success and that you get your BFP! :dust::dust: I have actually read stats that show FETs are more successful because there is less stress in the body so that is a huge plus!

Hi! I'm hoping to join this group on the journey - first FET scheduled for early March. 2015 ended with two failed fresh IVF's after a failed IUI and 3 months on Femara. Went yesterday for baselines (cd1) - am on Lupron, estrace and baby asprin for the next 2 weeks. Looking forward to having some buddies along the way - this process can be brutal! I'll catch up on the thread and get to know everyone a lil more - good luck everybody!!

Welcome to the group!:flower::hugs: Good luck and baby dust to you! :dust::dust: I hope that you get your BFP! :dust:

I am stimming now ER should be next week, we are doing ICSI as well, because with the PGS we are required to do ICSI. So far only 9 follies. I'm hoping tomorrow's appointment shows more.

Good luck! :dust::dust: I hope you get more follicles so you can make lots of eggs for ER!

Hello!
I'm new to the site - just started my first IVF cycle today . We recently found out we have male factor infertility and have no kids so far. I did my cycle day two ultrasound today and he started me on Gonal and Luveris. It's been a bit of a whirlwind - we found out for sure last week that we had no option but IVF and now we are starting it.
I'm nervous, excited, hopeful, scared - all of it. Good luck to all of you!

Welcome to the group!:flower::hugs: Thanks for the good luck wishes! The same to you hun! I hope you get your BFP! :dust::dust:

Thank you for the warm welcome almosthere and wannabe! Good luck to you both as well! Lots of baby dust to the whole group (Eva, Star, danser) I'm so glad I decided to stop googling and start channeling some energy into cheering other people on during the journey!

We have been TTC #2 since 2011 (DD came naturally, miracle of miracles!). I have 5 frosties left from my most recent (failed) ivf in Dec., though I'm concerned about the quality...hence why I need to stop googling! The highest rated blasts are both only a BC quality, but they are hatching! Fingers crossed that it means regardless of BC rating, the blasts still want to keep on growing and implant upon arrival in the nice warm home that I am currently preparing! :winkwink:

Everyone please keep the updates coming so I can send you well wishes!!:thumbup:

@Polly, Fingers crossed that your embryos do well after the thaw and you end up with your BFP! I have 3 frosties myself and my RE said that 95% of the time the embryos survive the thaw process just fine so the odds are in our favor! :thumbup:

AFM, Ugghhh, I started feeling crappy lastnight, really tired and achy! I had a soar throat overnight and I have been feeling like crap all day! On top of that it is bitter cold all of the sudden outside and the wind is freezing! We got an artic blast! My blood work and ultrasound are tomorrow morning so I am not looking forward to dragging myself out in the freezing cold early in the morning! Ugghh! I have to though so I don't mess up my FET cycle. Being sick is hard with the twins because I can't really sit and rest much! I have on a face mask and I have been washing/sanitizing my hands all day long trying to keep everyone else in the house from getting sick! I just hope that I don't feel worse tomorrow morning. :wacko::dohh: The timing with this cold sucks! :nope:

Other than that my meds have been pretty easy to take this time around. My stomach is bruised up from my lupron injections. Thankfully that awful taste in my mouth and smell in my nose has gone away so I guess that is because my body got used to the meds.

Wannabe are you in the united states? I am and same thing bitter cold and windy 13 degrees tonight I shut the door and stuffed myself in the back seat to get do in his car seat I also have to go really early for us and bloodwork. You must have your hands full with your twins and doing ivf! Hope you feel better I have been having bad stomach aches for almost a week I think it's from the baby asprin.

Wannabe are you in the united states? I am and same thing bitter cold and windy 13 degrees tonight I shut the door and stuffed myself in the back seat to get do in his car seat I also have to go really early for us and bloodwork. You must have your hands full with your twins and doing ivf! Hope you feel better I have been having bad stomach aches for almost a week I think it's from the baby asprin.

Yes, I am in the USA, I live on the east coast! We have that crazy artic blast mess this weekend with bitter cold and wind! Thankfully we aren't getting any snow with it though! Are you also in the US? Thankfully my DH is off tomorrow so he will watch the twins well I go for my appointment in the morning, so I odn't have to drag them out into the cold!

That stinks that the baby aspirin is giving you an upset stomach! Hopefully it will get better once you get used to the meds! :hugs: I think the prenatal vitamins I have been taking are making me super hungry! I actually have gained like 4 pounds since I started the FET cycle! I also think maybe I have been stress eating because of the FET coming up! I started taking my prenatals towards the end of the day instead of the morning and I think it has helped some! I wanted to loose a few pounds before the FET but when I found out my transfer would be this month instea dof MArch I pretty much gave up on that idea! :dohh::wacko:

I just hope this cold is gone before next Thursday because I have to travel by train to NY for the transfer on Friday! I am about 6 hours away and traveling sick would really stink!

I'm also on the east coast :) I'm from the Boston area I have to be at my ultrasound for 730 am luckily it's only 20 mins away I will go to a place about 45 mins away if I go after Monday next week because of my work and that office is open at 6 am so I v an get to work on time after hoping I won't have to do that though I'm lucky with the timing because I have off work next Monday due to the holiday. I can't believe you have to take the train for 6 hours are you sleeping in NY after your transfer or riding back? I don't even know what we will be doing for care for my son it will either be leave him at school or at my mom's but ide rather school because I don't know what to say to my mom to not give it away.

I bit my nails a bit so I trimmed them down I think it's stress from ivf too I also have been eating a lot I don't even want to know what I weigh I did this last ivf I pegged out then ate healthy after a month of being pregnant haha Its like early lregnancy mode before even being pregnant.

wannabe, good luck with u/s today, hope you're feeling better! I'm also on the east coast and woke up to 4 inches of snow and 5 degree temps, with wind chills -10!

almosthere, try not to stress, I'm sure you will figure out child care for your appointment. Take good care of yourself and hey, pigging out is ok in moderation, I hear ice cream actually helps with implantation (or maybe I'm telling myself that...lol) :flower:

Haha i have stayed away from ice cream I'm on decaf tea no alch. But eating lots of carbs I went out last night and got a salad with fruit and nuts and soup and stayed away from the bread I also had some asparagus so I did good haha. I'm going to have a nice valentine's meal with meat and veggie so I'm going to eat well before my transfer. I'm also going to have pineapple core!

So just finished bw and us and I have a beautiful 16 sized follicle forgot the measurement she used so exciteddd!

@almosthere - that's great news!!! So excited for you and your good looking follicle! The food is sounding yummy too, I'm a huge fan of salads - we try to have a spinach salad with tomato, cucumbers and a ill bit of avocado at dinner every night. Love the asparagus and just got a pineapple too! (I take the core for juicing and me and my dd share the pineapple itself). I'm trying not to go crazy worrying about specific meals, but more trying to keep balanced on all fronts (variety of meat, poultry, seafood, healthy carbs, lean proteins, colorful fruits and veggies, a few good fats, limit caffeine, etc). Regardless of ttc, balance is a good aim, right? Enjoy your Valentine's Day meal and enjoy your weekend!! Hope your stomach aches from the aspirin get better!

Thanks Polly yes I totally agree with you and balance. I had pineapple juice with my last successful ivf so considering it good luck.

I'm also on the east coast :) I'm from the Boston area I have to be at my ultrasound for 730 am luckily it's only 20 mins away I will go to a place about 45 mins away if I go after Monday next week because of my work and that office is open at 6 am so I v an get to work on time after hoping I won't have to do that though I'm lucky with the timing because I have off work next Monday due to the holiday. I can't believe you have to take the train for 6 hours are you sleeping in NY after your transfer or riding back? I don't even know what we will be doing for care for my son it will either be leave him at school or at my mom's but ide rather school because I don't know what to say to my mom to not give it away.

I bit my nails a bit so I trimmed them down I think it's stress from ivf too I also have been eating a lot I don't even want to know what I weigh I did this last ivf I pegged out then ate healthy after a month of being pregnant haha Its like early lregnancy mode before even being pregnant.

Haha i have stayed away from ice cream I'm on decaf tea no alch. But eating lots of carbs I went out last night and got a salad with fruit and nuts and soup and stayed away from the bread I also had some asparagus so I did good haha. I'm going to have a nice valentine's meal with meat and veggie so I'm going to eat well before my transfer. I'm also going to have pineapple core!

So just finished bw and us and I have a beautiful 16 sized follicle forgot the measurement she used so exciteddd!

@Almost, I am so glad that your ultrasound and blood work went good! :thumbup:

I am going to spend the night in NY. I have family in upstate NY about 45 minutes from the fertility clinic that I am going to. My sister, her husband and 2 kids are there. I will leave by train right after the transfer on Friday. DH doesn't want to spend more than one night alone with the twins. :haha: I think he is a bit nervous about it to be honest with you! He hasn't ever had them solo for very long since I have never been away from them for more then a few hours here and there, except for when they were in the NICU.
I have family outside of Boston. My brother, his wife and their 3 kids like right outside of Boston. It is a great city and I have had a lot of fun going out downtown on a few of my visits to see my brother! :thumbup:

AFM, I had my blood work and ultrasound this morning. I managed to find the energy despite being sick to brave the feezing cold and get everything done!:thumbup: When I got there the lady said she didn't have any appointment for me, and I was like say what??? :dohh: I was about to go postal but thankfully they managed to squeeze me in!:thumbup: I had the same lady do my blood draw and she is really good at it, I can barely feel the prick when she does it and I am a hard stick so she has got mad skillz! LOL! I haven't heard back about the blood work yet since it is still early but hopefully it will be good. I was wondering if being sick would have any impact on it, but when I asked the lab tech she thought my question was funny, so hopefully it won't? :shrug:

The ultrasound went okay. A nurse practitioner did it this time. My lining looked good and was a "7" if I remember correctly. :thumbup: The nurse said that was good and was wht they would be looking for at this stage of my cycle. However I have a huge cyst on my oavry! It wasn't there at the baseline so I am assuming it is from all of the meds I am on. It made me kind of nervous since it looked big on the ultrasound. The nurse asked if I was uncomfortable or anything and i told her I didn't notice anything. :wacko: I really hope that the cyst doesn't derail my FET!! The nurse showed me a fibroid but I already knew that I have fibroids so that wasn't any surprise! That shouldn't have any impact on my cycle though since it isn't in the uterus or anything. I hope my fertility office gets the test results on time today so I know what to do next regarding my meds! I hate to keep my meds the same today and make the cyst worse?!!!

Does anyone know how a cyst affects the FET? Will they still do the transfer? I am nervous and anxiously waiting to talk to my RE office today to find out the next steps. :wacko:

I actually have no idea if my bw is good or not numbers seem low to me but everything online is about with meds and mine is natural I'm waiting to here back from my nurse for next steps. I wasn't told what my lining was either all I know is I have a good follicle I'm freaking out that I'm not going to ovulate ugh.

Glad you got your appt fixed it's frustration my baseline I wasn't told to do an us so just bw and my us wasn't scheduled so nurses called me saying I had to go back the next morning as of I dont need sleep right? Haha I am hi use praying my numbers are okay and hoping a nurse will call me soon if not I'm calling them lol

And I know cysts form when you ovulate so hopefully it won't affect it unless it keeps growing I get them often and they burst not sure if it affects ov or not

@Almost, Oh okay! I misunderstood! Well fingers crossed that you ovulate and your results come back good! :dust::dust:

:happydance:So I actually just got a call after my post on here haha im getting bloodwork done on sunday and no ultrasound so maybe if no ultrasound they are happy with my follicle size and think I'm close since I'm only skipping a day of testing but I'm not sure. My office is closed Sunday so I have a 45 min drive to get my bw but it's one step closer so drive I shall

Hi girls,

Wannabe- That's a good lining. Damn those fibroids. I have fibroids too and I know the feeling. As long as they are not interfering with your uterus I believe all is good. Good luck with your FET. I am sure all will be well.

Almost- You are getting close to your FET too. I am so jealous of both you and Wannabe. Good luck to you too.

Welcome Eva, Denser and Polly. Best of luck.

Afm, I started my injections on Wednesday night before going to work. It was not that bad as I thought. I did the first day of injections on my own because DH was out of town for work. He did the second day for me. He was scared but he still wanted to do it. The Menopur stings a bit but Gonal F can barely be felt.

Star your not far behind are you on a short or long protocol? Starting stimming is good news your getting closer each day eeek!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->