Ivf/icsi -feb/march 16

Hi ladies,

Wannabe am sorry for the cyst. Hope it doesnt delay anything. Hope the bleeding is going down.

Almost- yay, you are almost there. Am sure you are excited.

I went for my first US and bloodwork after starting stims today in the morning after work. They havent called me with results of my blood work. They call after 5p the days i work night so they dont wake me up. I have 6 follicles measuring between 6-8mm from the left ovary and 7 follicles measuring between 7-13mm from the right ovary. My lining is 4.2. I do have a lining issue too but am still on meds and continuous monitoring of US and bloodwork. After the call today i will know if i continue with the same dose or some adjustments have to be made. Hoping for the
best.

Star is this a baseline scan? I think your numbers are sounding good along with the size of your follies! My one follicle was 16 mm at cd11 if that gives you an idea although with meds yours will probably get bigger they are like super follicles on meds hahaha. Good luck continuing on can't wait for you to be pupo!

So sorry to hear about the ruptured cyst those are SO painful. The good news is its gone if it ruptured so you should do just fine tomorrow with blood work and your us.

Our kids are very close in age my son turns 3 June 5th! I am sorry to hear about the hard first year for your son, i know its normal for twins to have delays especially in your case! I cant imagine testing my sons blood sugar every day that must take a lot of mom power! My son had torticollis so he was in Early Intervention due to delays from that and had to get xrays on and off for his hips and legs and he got plagiocephaly so had a helmet for months. He also had to take iron for a while as he was almost anemic. Its hard having to see our LOs go through so much so early on then of course my son had two surgeries because of fluid not draining from his ears and antibiotics would not help. Lets hope our next miracles are even healthier than the ones we have now even though it sounds like yours and mine are quite healthy.

I got my bw done today and then my nurse called a bit ago to confirm I start crinone wed continue to take my baby asprin and friday late morning early afternoon i get my beautiful embryo back where it belongs :cloud9:

Thanks almost! :hugs: I spoke to the nurse and described what was going on and there is a chance that the big cyst on my ovary burst and is causing the bleeding. I am really hoping that this is the reason for the bleeding and not AF doing some freak thing and arriving record early! it sure seems like AF type bleeding! It is still going strong and I still have a pad on! :wacko::dohh: I just hope that tomorrow when I go for blood work and ultrasound my lining is thicker and the cyst is gone! It pains me to spend 300+ dollars on an appointment if AF is here and my cycle has ended! Sigh! Just keep your fingers crossed for me!

On top of still getting over this cold the estrace has been making me sick I think today. I made the mistake of taking a bunch of it all at once today instead of spreading it out over the course of the day and I was sooo sick! I was nauseous, had hot flashes and felt like I was going to pass out from fatigue! Something so weird, my teeth all ache! I have no idea what that is about!! I won't do that ever again! :wacko:

That is great news that your are moving right along with your FET cycle! :thumbup: It won't be long before you are PUPO! Good luck! :dust::dust:

We are both so blessed to have our babies be healthy now despite having some challenges when they were born! :thumbup:

Hi ladies,

Wannabe am sorry for the cyst. Hope it doesnt delay anything. Hope the bleeding is going down.

Almost- yay, you are almost there. Am sure you are excited.

Thanks hun! You are a sweetheart! :hugs:

I went for my first US and bloodwork after starting stims today in the morning after work. They havent called me with results of my blood work. They call after 5p the days i work night so they dont wake me up. I have 6 follicles measuring between 6-8mm from the left ovary and 7 follicles measuring between 7-13mm from the right ovary. My lining is 4.2. I do have a lining issue too but am still on meds and continuous monitoring of US and bloodwork. After the call today i will know if i continue with the same dose or some adjustments have to be made. Hoping for the
best.

It sounds like you are off to a great start hun! Good luck and lots of sticky baby dust to you! :dust::dust: When i started at my baseline my lining was 5.3 so very similar!:thumbup: It increased to 7.4 at my last ultrasound! Fingers crossed that we both have a nice increase for the next labs and ultrasound! :dust::dust:

Could taking too much Estrace cause vaginal bleeding? Sorry it hasn't stopped the nurse is not concerned about the amount and length of bleeding? Hoping all works out for you and your cycle!

Thank you Wannabe and Almost for the encouragement.

Wannabe I hope you feel better soon and that your cycle doesn't get cancelled.

I have a question. Were you guys given any instructions related to intercourse during stimming?

I'm not stimming but I was told to use a condom and then no intercourse after transfer. I think when u stim your supposed to not have sex for days leading up to er or transfer but ask your nurse

Ok. Thanks. I will ask.

Forgot to mention, I got a call in regards to my bloodwork. I have some minor med adjustment. My Menopur will be increased to 150 and Gonal F will remain at 225. I will start Cetrotide tomorrow. Will keep you updated.

Could taking too much Estrace cause vaginal bleeding? Sorry it hasn't stopped the nurse is not concerned about the amount and length of bleeding? Hoping all works out for you and your cycle!

That is a good point! :thumbup: I just googled the side effects and one of them is "changes in your menstrual periods, break-through bleeding" so it could be a side effect of the estrace. They have me on a really high dose this time. For my IVF cycle I only took 1 vaginally and now this time they had started me out on 3 estrace vaginally and then because they wanted my lining thicker they had me add on 2 oral! That is a huge jump on the estrace! Hence the reason why I have that darm cyst this time! :dohh: I am not sure why they have me on such a high dose!:shrug: I know I am a few years older then I was for my IVF cycle. I kind of feel like they have a one size fits all approach for the FET cycles maybe? The nurse at the place where I go in for monitoring says they do the same exact meds there for the FET cycles. I am going call my fertility office in the morning and ask about what could be going on before I go in and dish out the 300+ bucks for blood work and ultrasound, although most likely the only way I will know for sure what the heck is going on is to go in for the ultrasound and blood work to find out! I really hope that the cyst is gone and my lining has improved so I don't have to cancel my cycle. I have no idea what I would try next if this was my AF arriving super early?? Maybe I would try a natural cycle next time since I didn't do good with the meds and I do have very regular cycles and I always ovulate, but first I have to find out for sure what on earth is going on!!! :wacko:

Sorry you have to deal with this wannabe good luck with tomorrow's tests if you go through with it maybe the bleeding will stop for tomorrow.

Wannabe i am so sorry you are going through this. All the best tomorrow

Thanks for the kind and encouraging words almost and star! :hugs: You girls are both so sweet! :flower: I will be sure to do an update tomorrow once I know what in the world is going on!!!

Hi guys can I'm going to jump on this thread, I've started my down reg , hoping for egg collection mid March. I had an endo scratch last week .
Good luck to you all and sending lots of baby dust xx

Hi guys can I'm going to jump on this thread, I've started my down reg , hoping for egg collection mid March. I had an endo scratch last week .
Good luck to you all and sending lots of baby dust xx

welcome to the group and good luck to you! :dust::dust:

So I went to my appointment this morning and the nurse practitioner did my ultrasound and told me that my lining was down from a 7.4 the last time I was there, and now it was about a 4! My lovely cyst was still there in all of it's glory! :wacko: Long story short I am on my period! My lining is shedding and hence the reason for the bleeding still going on today! :cry:

Well eventually the RE's office called after they got the results from my BW and ultrasound. My LH, estrogen and progesterone levels had all dropped, which is typical when AF arrives! Unfortunately they said my cyst had grown since the last ultrasound. So the nurse that called was all ready for me to jump back in and start another cycle! :wacko: I am just not ready to do another cycle right away! I am still trying to get over this darn cold! I am still having waves of nauseous from the darn estrogen! Plus that big old cyst lingering on my ovary in all of it's big grandness! Plus I am feeling mentally exhausted! I just want to give my body a chance to get back to normal on it's own!

So they want me to do the 3 estrogen vaginally and than instead of adding in oral estrogen pills I would do estrogen injections of Delestrogen to thicken up my lining. I did notice that I started getting sick from the estrogen when I started it oral and when it increased in dosage. The first part wasn't that bad. The nurse said that the injections are absorbed differently and into he body so she doesn't think I will get sick from it like I did with the oral. I think my concern other than being sick as a dog is whether or not there is a connection between increasing the estrogen and my AF arriving! Maybe that was too high of a dose for me so my body went haywire and I got the really early AF??? Well the nurse is going to call me back tomorrow and talk about the next steps, but I really think that I need to take the month off, get over being sick and see if this cyst goes away on it's own. They put women on birth control to get the cysts to go down so that is an option. However I think I need a break and a chance to get back to normal again! I will tell the nurse this tomorrow. I also want to ask about a natural cycle and how that would work as an alternative! I just hope that this new medication doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get, the injectible estrogen, i need to call the phjarmacy to get a price quote.

My AF is due in the middle of MArch so that is when I would want to try again! I should be healthy again! I hope!

Wana I am sorry to hear the news. It's always good to take a break when you know your body needs it. I'll be following your next cycle!

I actually have throbbing pain on my right side and I'm worried it's a cyst but idk if cysts grow on the non ovulating ovary as I ovulated from my left side. A bit down because of this as I've read fet can be cancelled due to cysts because of fluid rupturing. Debating if I should call my nurse or not since my transfer is Friday but wouldn't want to throw away a cycle. Not sure if ide eat my money if it's cancelled at the last step.

Hi girls,
Almost- Is it tomorrow that you go for your FET? How are you doing? If so all the best.

Wannabe- I am sorry about your cycle. How are you doing? What did you decide? Hoping for the best.

Linky- Welcome. Best of luck.

Afm, thankfully my follies are now steadily behaving. The biggest is at 15 and the smallest is still at a 6. Lining is at 8.1. I have another US scheduled for Friday and I will know when I can trigger. Other than that, Its been busy at work and I cant complain.

Star it's good you have a follie at 15 you should be getting close! Tomorrow is my FET thanks for asking I'm so excited I'm thinking positive vibes all the way this has to work! :)

Welcome Links how are you doing? I've heard the scratch works very well good luck with your cycle!

Wana I am sorry to hear the news. It's always good to take a break when you know your body needs it. I'll be following your next cycle!

I actually have throbbing pain on my right side and I'm worried it's a cyst but idk if cysts grow on the non ovulating ovary as I ovulated from my left side. A bit down because of this as I've read fet can be cancelled due to cysts because of fluid rupturing. Debating if I should call my nurse or not since my transfer is Friday but wouldn't want to throw away a cycle. Not sure if ide eat my money if it's cancelled at the last step.

Thank you for the kind words hun!:hugs: You are such a sweetheart!

They won't cancel a FET for a cyst! They aren't worried that much about your ovaries, just your uterus and your lining getting thick enough for the transfer more than anything else! i wouldn't worry! Good luck to you!:dust::dust:

Hi girls,
Almost- Is it tomorrow that you go for your FET? How are you doing? If so all the best.

Wannabe- I am sorry about your cycle. How are you doing? What did you decide? Hoping for the best.

Linky- Welcome. Best of luck.

Afm, thankfully my follies are now steadily behaving. The biggest is at 15 and the smallest is still at a 6. Lining is at 8.1. I have another US scheduled for Friday and I will know when I can trigger. Other than that, Its been busy at work and I cant complain.

Thank you for the kind words! :hugs: You are such a nice lady!

I am so glad that everything is going so good with your cycle so far! Good luck and baby dust to you! :dust::dust:

AFM, the next steps are that I am supposed to follow up with the nurse about my next FET steps on Monday! We are for sure substituting the oral estrogen with the injectible estrogen! Sadly for 2 injetions it is going to cost me a little over 300 bucks! I have already spent a little over 1k on monitoring appointments for a cycle that went to crap! :dohh: It pains me to watch savings go down on a crap cycle that didn't even make it to transfer! :wacko::dohh:

The nurse was asking if I wanted to do a different protocol and start on birth control for 2 weeks. That was what we are discussing on Monday. The birth control pills can calm everything down and help the cyst go away. However i am not sure if I want to do birth control pills since I have never taken them before and my body and cyst could go back to normal all on it's own! Plus birth control can have side effects and who knows how I would do with those! :wacko:

The next option is to repeat the same cycle and protocol with the injectible estrogen instead of the oral. I was looking at a long protocol online and the one I thought I was going to originally do and I want to ask about trying that. I would start lupron CD 21 and once AF comes I would start estrogen vaginally on CD 2 so that would be my MArch cycle. I am wondering if starting vaginal estrogen earlier and lupron earlier would work better for me, and make my lining thicker faster. The first time we did it I didn't start lupron and estrogen until CD 5 and I think that might be too late in my cycle. I have average 28 day cycles but sometimes I have short ones with 24 to 25 days also. I normally ovulate between CD 12- 14 of my cycle pretty regularly. I think we just got going too slow with the meds for my body and then getting sick it just went to crap! Just a theory but I think once I am healthy with some tweaks to the protocol we will be good to go for MArch! Wish me luck!:thumbup:

Good luck wanabe!

So I get a confirmation call tomorrow at 10 am but my transfer as of right now will be at 230 so I'll be there for 130 so excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->