IVF/ICSI/FET Cycle Starting November... Anyone else? - 4 BFN, 6 BFP, 1 angel!

How do you get past the moments of 110% overwhelmed sprinkled with a dash of "holy crap, I can't do this!"? Baaaaaaaaaaaaad night!

Because you know if it works - none of this will matter afterwards. I had a mini freak out last night about EC - but I know that I don't have a choice and that it will be worth it!!!!!!!! xo

How do you get past the moments of 110% overwhelmed sprinkled with a dash of "holy crap, I can't do this!"? Baaaaaaaaaaaaad night!

Because you know if it works - none of this will matter afterwards. I had a mini freak out last night about EC - but I know that I don't have a choice and that it will be worth it!!!!!!!! xo

That's SO true! You found the right words! There's always someone who says just what I needed to hear! Thank you!!!! :hugs:

C'mon Xmas BFP's!

I'm currently going through this RIGHT now.... :nope:

I'm currently going through this RIGHT now.... :nope:

Everyone is! Everyone I know going through this process is freaking out right now... about a multitude of things. Although, you have more reason than most. I don't think it'll be the horror show it was before. :hugs:

I'M BACK!!!!!!! Its all over.... i'm FREEEEE!

The Pethidine was fine... I was still fully awake so that scared the hell out of me especially when I could actually walk into the medical room!

I had my favourite nurse this time and she was very gentle and i hardly even felt her drain the right ovary of its follicles, the left i felt a couple of small sharp pains but nothing compared to last time. She said there were 10 follicles which may contain eggs so i guess the 11th follie wasn't big enough.

OH took the eggs in a heated container to the other hospital lab and later they called me to say that his sample was really really good and they did not really want to do ICSI unless I was adament as they consider the sperm strong enough to fertilize on their own and ICSI has a chance of complications so I said "you are are the experts and if you think it would be better to do IVF then thats fine with me!"

AND....... I GOT 10 EGGS!!!!!

I just cannot believe it! 1st IVF i got 6 - all fertilized and 2nd IVF i only got 5 - 3 fertilized but this time 10!!!!! I am over the moon.... I would've been really really pleased with 7 this time since I know i only have 11 follicles in total so i am beyond amazed. This gives us a good chance! ET will be Saturday (all being well!):happydance:

That's wonderful news Sammy. I must admit your post has brought a tear to my eyes, I have no idea why though! :hugs:

That's wonderful news Sammy. I must admit your post has brought a tear to my eyes, I have no idea why though! :hugs:

Awww bless you.... :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I guess for some people, then they would be disappointed with 10 eggs but for people like me that don't have that many follicles then its almost like a small miracle believe me. I always dreamed they would stimm them all and I would get maybe 7 out of 11. I knew 7 had stimmed to a good size at the last scan but there were still 4 that were only 10-15mm and i thought maybe one might catch up... They were slow but 10/11 got there in the end and I still cannot believe my luck (after all my BAD luck) I still have hurdles to pass yet and already im onto the "What if hardly any fertilize?" What a waste that would be! Its a bit of a nightmare still... im happy but im worried... i know how things can change in this game. Ive seen people with 14+ eggs, half fertilize and by the time they get to ET there are only about 3 left! In that case you might just as well have got 3 eggs in the beginning.... :dohh:

Sammy, I think 10 is fantastic! I will be thrilled if I get that many! So happy for you :)

On a personal note, I had a positive HPT on an IC on the weekend, and all BFNs since. I have no idea what's going on, and I feel like the universe is playing a cruel joke on me. I just want to cry today... can't seem to stop this feeling of wanting to burst into tears at any second :(

Why does this have to be so bloody hard?

Sammy that is amazing news !! and i feel much better about the EC now too - maybe it wont be so bad afterall !

x

Sammy, I think 10 is fantastic! I will be thrilled if I get that many! So happy for you :)

On a personal note, I had a positive HPT on an IC on the weekend, and all BFNs since. I have no idea what's going on, and I feel like the universe is playing a cruel joke on me. I just want to cry today... can't seem to stop this feeling of wanting to burst into tears at any second :(

Why does this have to be so bloody hard?

Thanks hun... i do feel lucky for a change!!!

Those IC are a right mess. I had several BFP's with them once and even posted the pic on this forum and everyone congratulted me... really the line was soooo strong there was almost no denying it was BFP. Then AF came! :growlmad: The same has happened several times now and i just dont trust them anymore. I buy them for the early stages of IVF and testing the trigger out but I NEVER trust them for a proper result as they have caused me too much heart ache in the past. They can and do work but they also bring up a lot of false positives and evaps. My lines were actually bright pink and still BFN :dohh: They should really be banned! I hope things turn around and you get that much deserved BFP... i would go and get a better test if i were you like a FRER, they are much more reliable. Good luck :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Sammy that is amazing news !! and i feel much better about the EC now too - maybe it wont be so bad afterall !

x

Ha ha... good! Dont go by my past experiences I am one of a very few people that ever go through this since most people are sedated and asleep. I think if you relax (hard i know) then its better and knowing I had some hard drugs inside me, I was more relaxed and that helped. I dont like EC but after today I wouldnt be in the big flap that I was last time, again.

If your sedated and asleep.... its a walk in the park!!!! Good luck :hugs:

So glad for you, Sammy! :)

Nvr2Late - I just recently saw a very positive IC off someone who is getting nothing on other tests or on other IC's. I think they're rubbish and should be outlawed! :hugs:

AFM... Shots going well... Last BCP today... Stimming 1 week from Sat!

Sammy - 10 is great! Glad that the EC went well for you.

Nvr - We should start a campaign to ban those things xxx

Babydust to everyone xx

Fluffy - how are you doing? Where are you at in the process? xo

Hi Girls,

Just a quickie before bed. Hope you are all well. I haven't been online really for a couple of days, so I'll have a good read through tomorrow at work! :coffee:

Sammy - Well done on 10 beautiful free range eggs! In my unqualified opinion, 10 is a fantastic amount - my clinic said that their aim is for us to produce between 6-10 in a cycle, so you've done perfectly. :happydance:

Looking forward to your fertilization report tomorrow. x

AFM, no news, DR jab #11 in the morning, If AF comes on time, she's due tomorrow or Fri. 1st Scan since DR started is next Wed & if all ok, stims start that day too.
No side effects to report thank God, - slightly heavy/fuller boobs, that's about it & is probably AF checking in. Thought I'd feel quite different, but nope, still little ol' me, jabs are easy with the auto thingy :)

A couple of times I've felt a bit like I'm on a boat (swaying) & my skin is dry, but I'm blaming the weather for my skin! :cold: ...hope I get away lightly with the stims aswell!!

thoughts are with you all. xx

morning ladies ! lifes a bit hectic at the mo so not able to log on much - booooooo
you MUST check out this post though - IVF girl testing today - am on tenderhooks !!

https://www.babyandbump.com/ltttc-journals/405843-isis-baby-journey-ivf-train-my-blasties-51.html

Going for my first blood work this morning since starting stims, then my next scan and bloods are on Saturday - yikes this is all happening too fast.

Thanks for that, scomar! I went and checked in there... Waiting for her to hopefully post a BFP! :)

Blue - No way its too fast! After all the bloody time we wait for a chance, it can't happen fast enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->