• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ivf/icsi/fet/ june,july,aug 2013, feel free to join for support :)

Hello everyone,

I had my first appointment with the IVF doctor last Friday. So for me the process is scheduled start of August.
This is what the doc said the procedure will look like:
-After I have had my AF in July , three week after that I will have to take some nasal drops for 2 weeks (3 times a day), this is suppose to bring the menopausal effect.
-The second step would be injections for another two weeks in my belly.
-Step three will be just one big fat injection.
-The ER and 3 days after ET and more medicines during the tww.

Of course when the time is near they will give us more clearer instructions, but me being me, I am just nervous and brooding ovr it. Just wanted to know if you ladies have followed similar protocol. Pardon my ignorance.

Also we are unexplained, the doc has checked both of us and everything according to them seems fully functional. The only thing they have not checked is if I have endometriosis. Is it important to have ruled out possible endo before undergoing IVF. Any help will be most appreciated .

Hugs and best wishes to all you amazing girls.

Hi sunshine,

yes,l what you are describing is a pretty common protocol. Our clinic uses this same standard protocol for most women (it's usually called "long lupron", because in the US the drug they use for ovarian suppression is Lupron; here they they use the nasal spray which is called Suprefact).

Hi Galen :flower:

Hi sunshine,

yes,l what you are describing is a pretty common protocol. Our clinic uses this same standard protocol for most women (it's usually called "long lupron", because in the US the drug they use for ovarian suppression is Lupron; here they they use the nasal spray which is called Suprefact).

Hi Galen :flower:

Thanks AuCa for quick reply. Do they examine for endo before IVF? just to rule out that as a possible cause of infertility?

I am just afraid, what if I have endo and they will just start with the IVF, and if endo is impeding my pregnancy then, my chance of IVF success is bleak :(. Sorry if I sound stupid, but just worried. I was so overwhelmed during the appointment that I just did not ask these questions and now every second my head pops up yet another nasty doubt.

Much thanks Awesome ladies.

Do they examine for endo before IVF? just to rule out that as a possible cause of infertility?

Here they don't (they usually only would if there was either an indication that you might have it or if you had unsuccessful IVF cycles), but I don't know how other clinics handle this.
Maybe somebody with unexplained infertility can chime in? We have MFI and maybe that's why nobody was ever hugely interested if I have issues (besides the standard blood work and HSG).

:dust:Hi Ladies,
Just joined BNB and looking for a group of nice ladies to chat about IF with (hubby gets deer in headlights look after a while!). Gearing up for IVF #4 (3rd fresh). To answer Sunshine's question...No. If I am correct, the only way to detect endo (which I have never been diagnosed with), they have to perform a laparoscopy or hysteroscopy and actually see it. I've also heard and endometrial biopsy can detect it as well if it is in the uterine lining. Endo can be in many areas of the reproductive organs and is best diagnosed with a lap. If you don't have they typical symptoms, they don't bother. It is an added expense to an already expensive procedure. If it would make you feel better, ask to have a lap done... most insurances cover that procedure if there are indications that it is "needed". My husband and I were originally male factor, then he was fine! they had no idea what was wrong with me other than low AMH levels. Go figure! I finally found out last week that I have severley blocked tubes and have a good size polyp in my endometrium. How they missed it before I will never know! I'm having surgery o remove polyp next Tuesday. I got pregnant on all my cycles but miscarried before they could get a heart beat. I actually feel pretty relaxed and confident this time around! Good luck ladies! I look forward to getting to know you! :dust:

:hi: ladies!

Sorry to gatecrash, was wondering of I could join you?

Im 21 and dh is 28, I have blocked tubes and dh is in tip top condition,

We had our first round of ivf in january 2012 doing egg sharing too and we were lucky enough to be bless with a beautiful daughter - Lily (my egg share lady also got pregnant with twins :thumbup:)

We are booked in on the 4th july for our consultation and nurse planning meeting for our 2nd round of ivf and we will be egg sharing again this cycle too,

Having a quick browse through this thread I just want to say im sorry to see a few familiar faces, my heart goes out to you all :hugs:

Hope your all well and im looking forward to taking this journey with you girls!

:hug:

Hi sunshine-I have endo and the only way it can be diagnosed is a lap!! i was diagnosed last year because i had excruciating pain durin my periods and my obgyn did the lap to find the cause. I had to have a lap few days back because the pain had come back and there were large cysts on my ovaries. My RE/FS told me that she was doing the lap only because i had pain and endo wil not effect my ivf cycle..
To ease your worries you need to know that IVF surpasses the endo . Many people who have endo and cannot conceive naturally have very successful ivf cycles!!:hugs:

alybri and princess-WElcome!!!:flower::flower:

Auca-hope you are doing fine Hun!:hugs:

Welcome to all the newcomers!!

Well the headaches are here to stay it looks like. Not sure if it's the Lupron on top of the BCP but we will find out... my last BCP is this Friday!! I am getting super excited because stimming doesnt seem like forever away now.

Hello ladies!! I'm an IVF newbie and I'm looking for some insight of things to come. I started my BCP last Thursday with low dose aspirin. Have my fluid ultrasound and MET tomorrow, any opinions on how those are? I also get my calendar tomorrow and find out what starts when. When a cycle is said to start, like the one I'll be on starts July 22, does that mean that's when they let us off BCP? So many questions! Thank you all in advance! Can't wait to see what this journey brings us.

Thanks ladies for your reply. I hope everything goes well for all of us. Right now I just have to wait until early august, when the treatment commences.

Take care girls and hugs

Hello ladies!! I'm an IVF newbie and I'm looking for some insight of things to come. I started my BCP last Thursday with low dose aspirin. Have my fluid ultrasound and MET tomorrow, any opinions on how those are? I also get my calendar tomorrow and find out what starts when. When a cycle is said to start, like the one I'll be on starts July 22, does that mean that's when they let us off BCP? So many questions! Thank you all in advance! Can't wait to see what this journey brings us.

I am not sure what the fluid ultrasound is.. I had a trial transfer and hysteroscopy as one of the first steps and that was totally fine didn't feel a thing.

Not sure about the start of the cycles either as each doctor is different. They usually will have you stimming for 10-14 days so I imagine if they put you on BCP now that probably means that around then you will come off of BCP.

Do you know if you will be on Lupron or what you will be stimming with?

Brandy- the fluid ultrasound consisted of them placing a catheter through my cervix and injecting a few milliliters of water into my uterus and using the vaginal ultrasound probe to photograph my uterus. Similar idea to a hysteroscopy just different approach :) Felt interesting...much easier than the HSG by far!!
I was supposed to have my calendar shown and explained to me today, but the coordinator did not have ANYTHING ready to discuss with me. We waited an additional hour to have her tell us that she wasn't ready and we had to reschedule, we had already rescheduled from yesterday to today. I took an entire afternoon off from work to complete both my doctor appt and to talk to the coordinator, slightly irked. So I will find out more along the lines if I'll be on Lupron or not on Friday.

Wow! A lot has happened in the 5 days or so that I've not been on! Welcome to all the new ladies! Galen, I'm glad to see you have begun the BCPs. Your consultation date will be here soon!!

Mission, glad to hear that your procedure went well and that you are recovering nicely!

Thank you all for the information on acupuncture. I never really was interested in doing it before because we get poked enough already! But if it works as well as you all say is does, it would be worth it. Do you have to go to a special acupuncturist that deals with infertility or are they all the same?

AFM - I had my saline sonogram and mock transfer yesterday... ouch!! They forgot to tell me to have a full bladder before coming in so they had to make a ninety degree turn with the catheter due to the positioning of my uterus. I had to forcibly cough and they used external pelvic pressure to get it to make the turn. It took about 4-5 tries. So to all of you that have yet to do this procedure, be sure to hydrate first!!

They also did my baseline scan yesterday and my ovaries are "quiet" so I am cleared to start Lupron on the 25th. My orientation class was today. They basically just reviewed my calendar with me and went over the consent forms. So excited to get started!!

Prayerful- I had the same procedures you did yesterday! Interesting they told you to have a full bladder. They told me to empty mine...then again I'm pretty much a camel so I seem to always have a noticeable bladder. At least you know it should definitely be much easier for the transfer when it counts :)
For your baseline scan, did you have any follicles present? I'm not quite sure what "quiet" means...It looks like you'll be starting meds a week before me. I'm excited to see as you progress ahead of me!!

That is interesting about the differing protocols regarding whether to have a full or empty bladder!! I wonder why that is...? Do you know if you are supposed to have a full bladder for the transfer? I know they said mine is supposed to be super full and then they may even ask me to drink even more before the transfer!

By "quiet" I am assuming they meant there were no follies. I think Brandy is a week ahead of me so we are all back to back. It is definitely exciting to go through this with others right around the same time!

From what I've been told they requested that the bladder be full so it pushes the uterus up to a more manageable position. Then they said if it's too full they tell you to count to 20 when you pee. I sooo don't think I'll be able to stop, lol. Gonna have to work on those kegel muscles haha.
Yea, these protocol differences are very interesting. My baseline scan showed 21 total follicles that the doc said we need to mature. I'm only on BCP and baby aspirin at this point. So at this point I'm baffled until Friday.

Prayerful and anmlz, congrats on getting started. During your baseline, they are looking for antral follicles that's what the 21 count was. Those are the follicles that have the potential to grow and produce eggs. When they tell you the ovaries are quiet, that just means that there isn't anyone follicle or cyst growing. Sounds promising for both of you. I think your REs said the same thing just in a different way. I hope this helps shed some light.

Mells-yea, that definitely does shed some light! I'm still just trying to catch up on terminology and research what I can try to expect and what not. I'm definitely one of those people that wants to know but I can't figure out how to ask or I'm too nervous to ask :) thank you!

Feel free to ask anything here! Someone surly knows the answer! :)

Thanks Mells! I was SO confused, but that really cleared it up! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->