• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ivf/icsi/fet/ june,july,aug 2013, feel free to join for support :)

Woop to starting BCP will you be doing any down reg injections along with the pill it still amazes me how different IVF can be between clinics and the drugs that are used! x

No, I won't do any suppression. I'm going from BCP straight to stimms and antagonist. Our clinic usually does the long lupron protocol too, but I'm PCOS-ish (high AFC) and therefore they put me on a different protocol.

Prayerful - awesome that you got the package! I just got a call from the pharmacy today saying that I can pick up my meds and do the injection teaching any day now. This week is quite busy, so I think I'll go there next week (also have to make some space in the fridge first :blush::haha:).
My job mainly consists of writing and editing, so that's easy to do anywhere :)

Thanks lovely ladies, so glad I found you guys here. I only have a date for my next appointment which is on the 7th Aug, not sure what is going to happen yet! Any heads up would be great
Loads of baby dust to you all!

Excited to see everyone joining! On my phone so I will make it short but wanted to share something. So other than the bcp being to regulate cycles and synch them with other patients which I didn't need... Apparently my doc said the bcp counteracts the side effects of lupron. So this is why I will take bcp for 7 of the days I'm on lupron. Can't wait for Friday to poke myself!

Hi ladies! I hope you are all well!

Mission: How are you feeling after your lap/hyst? Hope this gets you to where you need to be in August! Im pulling for you!

Hi AuCa! Good luck to you! It happens so fast! This is my first IVF as well and i feel like I just started giving myself shots yesterday and here I am with frozen embryos. Its amazing! You will be retrieving around the same time im transferring! yay!

Rosie, good luck and I'll be kepeing you in my thoughts and prayers!

Hi SunRay, welcome and these girls are amazing support! They have really made my first IVF process pleasant and I hope the same for you!

Prayerful, good luck to you! :) Try to get lots of peaceful moments in and try to relax.

AFM - I wanted to give you guys a little update and then I will be buried in books for the next month studying for a huge license!

I had 15 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized, and 8 made it to day 5 blastocyst. 2 of those 8 were graded as "Good" and the rest were graded as "fair". All were frozen. My cycle started today and I will start BCP on Friday. Once I finish that pack and start my next period, I will start my frozen cycle. I should be transferring by the the 22nd or so of July. In the mean time Im struggling with whether I should have acupuncture which is a little pricey for me. I have only been able to afford this IVF because I have amazing insurance. But I seem to hear that theacupuncture really helps. Do you guys agree? I have a consultation with an acupunctrist and will probably start that by month end.

I guess the big thing now is hoping and praying that my uterus is a hospitible place for an embryo. Because of problematic fibroids, I had a uterine embolization almost 10 years ago that may or may not have cut blood supply to my uterus so this will be the test. if it turns out that an embryo cant hold on, my next endevour is surrogacy but I really hope it doesnt come to that.

My RE clinic is conservative and prefer to transfer 1 embryo but will do 2 if you request it. This is a HUGE debate for me because I want to give myself the best odds by transferring 2 but at the same time, I dont want to cause any health problems to myself or fetuses, IF I become pregnant with twins. I am so torn but I will be praying about it for the next month. Any input you guys have would be appreciated!

You guys have been such a source of support and comfort for me, and Im so happy I found you all instead of going throuugh it alone. Thank you so much! xoxoxo

Rosie - Wow! I've never heard of any workplace giving paid leave for fertility treatments. What a blessing!! How many IVF cycles have you done?

Brandy - I haven't told anyone at work either. My manager just knows that I have a "condition" that I've been dealing with for 2 years and that the docs now want to try a new treatment. So far she has been very understanding but we are now short staffed with one of my co-workers being out for (of all things!) maternity leave, so she is starting to get more strict about my appts.

AuCa - Yay! Glad we are going through this together! In fact it looks like we are only a couple days apart. My ER is July 17.

What do you do that allows you to work from home?

Mission - How are you feeling after the lap and hysteroscopy today??

Mells - What does PMA mean?

Sunray - Hi! I'm preparing to do my first IVF too, in July! :happydance:

AFM - I finally got my IVF package and calendar in the mail today. Looks like lots of busy days ahead! So excited and nervous!

Prayful, it means Positive Mental Attitude. Something we all need through this process!!!

Hi ladies! I hope you are all well!

Mission: How are you feeling after your lap/hyst? Hope this gets you to where you need to be in August! Im pulling for you!

Hi AuCa! Good luck to you! It happens so fast! This is my first IVF as well and i feel like I just started giving myself shots yesterday and here I am with frozen embryos. Its amazing! You will be retrieving around the same time im transferring! yay!

Rosie, good luck and I'll be kepeing you in my thoughts and prayers!

Hi SunRay, welcome and these girls are amazing support! They have really made my first IVF process pleasant and I hope the same for you!

Prayerful, good luck to you! :) Try to get lots of peaceful moments in and try to relax.

AFM - I wanted to give you guys a little update and then I will be buried in books for the next month studying for a huge license!

I had 15 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized, and 8 made it to day 5 blastocyst. 2 of those 8 were graded as "Good" and the rest were graded as "fair". All were frozen. My cycle started today and I will start BCP on Friday. Once I finish that pack and start my next period, I will start my frozen cycle. I should be transferring by the the 22nd or so of July. In the mean time Im struggling with whether I should have acupuncture which is a little pricey for me. I have only been able to afford this IVF because I have amazing insurance. But I seem to hear that theacupuncture really helps. Do you guys agree? I have a consultation with an acupunctrist and will probably start that by month end.

I guess the big thing now is hoping and praying that my uterus is a hospitible place for an embryo. Because of problematic fibroids, I had a uterine embolization almost 10 years ago that may or may not have cut blood supply to my uterus so this will be the test. if it turns out that an embryo cant hold on, my next endevour is surrogacy but I really hope it doesnt come to that.

My RE clinic is conservative and prefer to transfer 1 embryo but will do 2 if you request it. This is a HUGE debate for me because I want to give myself the best odds by transferring 2 but at the same time, I dont want to cause any health problems to myself or fetuses, IF I become pregnant with twins. I am so torn but I will be praying about it for the next month. Any input you guys have would be appreciated!

You guys have been such a source of support and comfort for me, and Im so happy I found you all instead of going throuugh it alone. Thank you so much! xoxoxo

Hello Desi, nice to 'meet' you.
I have tried acupuncture before to regulate my AF, and it did work for me, so I guess if you can afford it, you should try it. Apparently when I had it a few years ago, the acupuncturist said my uterus is too 'cold', so they used the little needle to stimulate the local circulation.
Good luck to the first frozen cycle, lot of baby dust to you:hugs::hugs:

Hi ladies

I hope i can join in, i actually had my first set of injections this morning!! And it went much better than i thought. 😃

DesiGirl - I agree with sunraybaby. I know it's pricey, but I think it really helps. And there is some scientific evidence that it helps implantation and increases success rates. You could just do 2 treatments - one right before transfer and one right after.
As for the number of embryos - our clinic has a SET (single embryo transfer) policy also. And personally I will go for one, unless the quality of the embies is really poor. Multiples are high risk for everybody involved, and I'd rather not take that risk. But it's a very personal choice of course.
Awesome that you are going to have a transfer in July :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Brandy - interesting fact about BCP. I won't even be on lupron though and I'm still taking it :wacko: All it seems to do for me is to cause major headaches :growlmad::growlmad: Did anybody else get headaches from BCP? I get the feeling I'll be taking a lot of Advil in the next few weeks...

Hi babykhu! :flower: What protocol are you on? Is this your first IVF?

Prayerful ive so far had 2 cycles 1st to which I convieved DD this was on NHS2nd back in feb that failed which we had to pay for this will be our 3rd and last as we have to pay for it and well we need to set a limit as we don't want it to impact on our lifestyle and DDs future. I agree as I don't know of any where that gives paid leave im very lucky with my employer.

Desigirl ive actually been looking into acupuncture too like you say its pricy, most places round here give a free 20min consultation so im going to see what they would suggest with how many treatments if not like auca suggests one before one after better than nothing I suppose very best of luck with your frozen cycle :D

sunraybaby are you uk? I would hazard a guess that you will prob get your treatment plan/timetable and prob do injection training x

Babykhu hiya and welcome! there a lot of experience here on this thread is this your 1st ivf? injections are not as bad as you originally think are they! x

Hey Rosie, I guess I am just nervous. It is my first time so don't know what is going to happen really. I know I shouldn't keep my hope too high, my doctor told me that because my tubes are blocked and probably inflamed, there is potential toxin release and flow back to the uterus, thus might kill the embryo. If the first cycle is not successful, I might need to have another lap (had three already!). I think I just have to be brave, try and pray. X

Hi baby where are you having yours done? X

Hi ladies, may I join too? This will be our third transfer TTC #1. For this FET we're doing PIO instead of crinone and I'm doing acupuncture. My Lupron injections start Monday and the FET would be around July 25th. We're heading on vacay Sunday so I had to get a "permission to fly with needles" letter. Hope it's not too big a deal. :flower:

Hi ladies, may I join too? This will be our third transfer TTC #1. For this FET we're doing PIO instead of crinone and I'm doing acupuncture. My Lupron injections start Monday and the FET would be around July 25th. We're heading on vacay Sunday so I had to get a "permission to fly with needles" letter. Hope it's not too big a deal. :flower:

welcome to the insanity :)

Hello and welcome to the new ladies!!!
I am not too well, just wanted to give a quick update. My lap and hyst went well. They found a huge endo cyst in my right ovary which was causing the pain. Luckily tubes at clear. They had my polyp out too.The surgery took 3 hours as there was lot of endo to be cleared. I have been Sleeping all day today. Am on bcps for a month and FET is Scheduled for August.
I hope all you ladies are doing great...sorry for the lack of personals..I am not able to concentrate on things for a long time...

Hello Mission, Hope you have a speedy recovery, and fingers x for Aug! x

Thanks for the welcomes! MissionMommy, I hope you're able to take it easy and be pampered for a while!

Hiya ladies,

I'll be starting my treatment soon, just got all the medication and had our drug appointment!

Just wanted to say re acupuncture - I have had a session and had a chat with the acupuncturist. She said the 'vital' ones are around transfer date. There are two sessions you can have which there is specific evidence for it increasing your chances of implantation.
I haven't been regularly as it is quite expensive but am planning on going around the time of transfer.

I'm just planning on being as healthy as possible and continuing to take my vitamins/folic acid, then giving things a ittle extra help with acupuncture :)

Good luck on all your cycles

xx

Hiya ladies,

I'll be starting my treatment soon, just got all the medication and had our drug appointment!

Just wanted to say re acupuncture - I have had a session and had a chat with the acupuncturist. She said the 'vital' ones are around transfer date. There are two sessions you can have which there is specific evidence for it increasing your chances of implantation.
I haven't been regularly as it is quite expensive but am planning on going around the time of transfer.

I'm just planning on being as healthy as possible and continuing to take my vitamins/folic acid, then giving things a ittle extra help with acupuncture :)

Good luck on all your cycles

xx

Hi! When do you start meds? What does your protocol look like?

Hi there! And welcome! My FET will be around the same time as yours so we can be buddies! Enjoy your vacation!

Hello and welcome to the new ladies!!!
I am not too well, just wanted to give a quick update. My lap and hyst went well. They found a huge endo cyst in my right ovary which was causing the pain. Luckily tubes at clear. They had my polyp out too.The surgery took 3 hours as there was lot of endo to be cleared. I have been Sleeping all day today. Am on bcps for a month and FET is Scheduled for August.
I hope all you ladies are doing great...sorry for the lack of personals..I am not able to concentrate on things for a long time...

Feel better, get lots of rest and take it easy! Xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"