• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ivf/icsi/fet/ june,july,aug 2013, feel free to join for support :)

Hello and welcome to the new ladies!!!
I am not too well, just wanted to give a quick update. My lap and hyst went well. They found a huge endo cyst in my right ovary which was causing the pain. Luckily tubes at clear. They had my polyp out too.The surgery took 3 hours as there was lot of endo to be cleared. I have been Sleeping all day today. Am on bcps for a month and FET is Scheduled for August.
I hope all you ladies are doing great...sorry for the lack of personals..I am not able to concentrate on things for a long time...

Hope youre feeling better soon and glad they were able to get alot of the endo cleared :)

Prayerful ive so far had 2 cycles 1st to which I convieved DD this was on NHS2nd back in feb that failed which we had to pay for this will be our 3rd and last as we have to pay for it and well we need to set a limit as we don't want it to impact on our lifestyle and DDs future. I agree as I don't know of any where that gives paid leave im very lucky with my employer.

Desigirl ive actually been looking into acupuncture too like you say its pricy, most places round here give a free 20min consultation so im going to see what they would suggest with how many treatments if not like auca suggests one before one after better than nothing I suppose very best of luck with your frozen cycle :D

sunraybaby are you uk? I would hazard a guess that you will prob get your treatment plan/timetable and prob do injection training x

Babykhu hiya and welcome! there a lot of experience here on this thread is this your 1st ivf? injections are not as bad as you originally think are they! x

I had treatment once a week for about 2 months from early december through beginning of February. Not only did it regulate my cycle but I had my first and only BFP in the last 3.5 years exactly 3 weeks after my last treatment... It ended badly but I really think it played a role in getting me that far.

Can anyone tell me how long after they started their Lupron injections did they start getting the side effects and what were they? I am super paranoid about it.

I only took it a few hours ago and I have a headache. Who knows could just be the BCP.

Brandy - I've been getting some major headaches from the BCP, so it definitely could be that. Can't help with the Lupron, sorry.

Mission - wishing you a speedy recover!! :hugs::hugs:

We got our info package with schedule etc in the mail today, and I finally now what dosages I'll be starting with - I'll be on 125 Gonal F and 75 Luveris. Does this sound reasonable? We have MFI and I have lot of resting follicles, so I'm guessing this is a low dose? What is the Luveris for?

Brandy - I've been getting some major headaches from the BCP, so it definitely could be that. Can't help with the Lupron, sorry.

Mission - wishing you a speedy recover!! :hugs::hugs:

We got our info package with schedule etc in the mail today, and I finally now what dosages I'll be starting with - I'll be on 125 Gonal F and 75 Luveris. Does this sound reasonable? We have MFI and I have lot of resting follicles, so I'm guessing this is a low dose? What is the Luveris for?

Well I haven't even figured out all of my med crap yet lol... the menopur and puregon.. I dont see others mentioning it.

However, Luveris is used for improving egg quality it is constituted of pure recombinant luteinizing hormone

Hi ladies, hoping I can join in for some support and encouragement!

We've been down this road before...our DD is the product of our second IVF cycle back in 2010. No frosties for us though, and so we kind of hoped we might get lucky when the time came to add to the fam. No such luck though, and after a few cycles of Femara/injectables, we know we need to move on. So, IVF here we come again!

Our official consultation is 6/28. I am starting the pill this weekend to hopefully help speed things up once the consultation is complete. I am finding that I am already more anxious for things this time around, when initially I thought I might be more calm. Maybe because I am getting older?

Anyway, I know how helpful it can be to have the support of some good people who know what you're going through, and I am SURROUNDED by pregnant friends...so I hope you'll have me, and I hope we'll all come out on the other side of this fat, happy, and pregnant!

Hi ladies, hoping I can join in for some support and encouragement!

We've been down this road before...our DD is the product of our second IVF cycle back in 2010. No frosties for us though, and so we kind of hoped we might get lucky when the time came to add to the fam. No such luck though, and after a few cycles of Femara/injectables, we know we need to move on. So, IVF here we come again!

Our official consultation is 6/28. I am starting the pill this weekend to hopefully help speed things up once the consultation is complete. I am finding that I am already more anxious for things this time around, when initially I thought I might be more calm. Maybe because I am getting older?

Anyway, I know how helpful it can be to have the support of some good people who know what you're going through, and I am SURROUNDED by pregnant friends...so I hope you'll have me, and I hope we'll all come out on the other side of this fat, happy, and pregnant!

Welcome! It's always nice to see a new face. FX you wont be waiting for that BFP very long :happydance:

Hi Galen! :wave:

Brandy, I get headaches from the Lupron injections.

Brandy, headaches are a very common side effect of Lupron. They can be bad to start with, but it seems (to me) the lessen as the days go on.

Galen, welcome. I'm sure that you can be as much a help to others since you have been down the road before. And seeing a success makes it more real for some that haven't been as lucky yet.

Thanks, ladies. Appreciate the welcome.

Blessedlife- if you don't mind my asking, in your signature, I noticed you had frosties, converted cycle, and more frosties. Did you have different protocols between those 3 cycles? I am sort of vexed by not having had anything to freeze, I am wondering if that's just me, or if a protocol change might help out there. Just trying to gather as much insight as possible before our consult. I'll be with a different RE this time around. Sending positive vibes for your FET!

Mells- I'm learning a fair amount has changed in the 3 years since I last did IVF! When is/was your transfer?

Brandy- Hopefully your symptoms will resolve once you cut your Lupron and start stims. I do not handle headaches well, they are the worst!

Brandy- like the other ladies ,I had headaches too..but they go away in a few days...another side effect I had was nausea..I had it After an hour of taking Lupron but it got better on a few hours..

Thanks to all the wonderful ladies for words of support :hugs:
Welcome Galen..I Hope for you that this cycle gives your DD a sibling!!!

Hello Auca,bear,sunrayy,mells, Rosie and anyone I missed!!! : hugs:

Galen, ask away! For me, IVF has been the RE trying to adjust for the way I over-respond to medications. The only difference in protocol was BCP before IVF #2 to try and keep my estrogen levels lower but it shut me down too much and we didn't have enough eggs to make a retrieval worth it.

I don't know if a change in protocol will help you get frosties. You have had a successful IVF so you know this can work for you! When you did IVF, how many embryos did you get? How many did you transfer and how many didn't survive to be frozen?

Thank you for your positive vibes, I certainly need them. :flower:

Speedy recovery mission_mommy! Hope you're feeling shiny and new really soon!

Blessedlife- Thanks. Did you do longer lupron or flare? I do have to remind myself that this has done it for us before, so we should think positively again! I just feel like we got really lucky! 1st cycle I had 4 or 5 embryos, transferred 2--> biochemical. 2nd cycle I had 4 or 5 embryos again, transferred 2-->DD. Both 3 day transfers. Nothing good enough to freeze either time. 11-12 eggs retrieved both times too.

I was 33 the last time, I'm approaching 36 now. Working diagnosis back then was mild PCO and mild male factor. Now, I've been distressed over a real dive in my AMH (from 2.01 to 1.18 in 6 months!) and my diagnosis has probably shifted to more of a DOR scenario. The confusing and conflicting thing is, I just had an AFC done before I start my BCP this weekend, and it is actually the same count as 3 years ago?? Sort of doesn't make sense. Wondering if it just means my quality is even worse than before. Sigh.

Thanks for listening to me obsess!!

I don't know what longer lupron or flare means. :blush:

We use Lupron for FETs only. I start the 17th (Mon) and my transfer is on around the 25th of July.

For IVF: Follistim and Menopur with Ganirelex added for the second half of stims, trigger with Ovidrel. (Please forgive any misspellings, too lazy to look 'em up!). The only difference between cycles is the nightly follistim dose.

For FET: BCP then Lupron added. Stop BCP, continue Lupron adding estrogen injections. Then PIO shots this time instead of crinone.

It's so easy to stress but you've had success, so my best advice is to hold on to that as your hope. FX'd you'll get another great embryo and your BFP! :thumbup:

BTW, I'm going on a two week vacay tomorrow so I'll post once I get back.. :happydance:

Blessedlife- I got it, makes sense! My office would have labeled that an antagonist protocol. I did lupron (the long version) in the past. I just want to ask my new RE's specific opinions on all these, so I'm liking to know what everyone's variations have been.

Thanks so much for answering all my questions. And I hope you have a FABULOUS vacay!!

Hiya Galen welcome!!!

a lot to catch up on in here!

mells how are you getting on?

mission hope you are recover quickly great that they managed to get rid of some endo! blessedlife enjoy your vacation.

Galen my cycles seem similar have had 11 eggs 10 fertilised 2 transferred =DD 2nd cycle 13 eggs 12 fertilised BFN (better quality on this cycle too) never had any to freeze either can be so frustrating

for those suffering with headache on the down reg injections I use buserelin but im guessing its similar reactions, I find if I keep myself really hydrated the headaches arnt as bad

im just waiting to here back from a couple of acupuncture clinics at the minute x

Thanks, Rosie...and, yes! How and why does that happen?! The unknown part of it drives me mad! Obviously, I need to just let it go, right? :)

What is your timeline looking like? Sorry if I am asking questions you have answered before...still needing to go back and look at old posts

Galen, Rosie, my donor starts stimming today. She will probably have ER around 25th and I'll have ET around the 30th. Not long now! I have a lining check on Monday. I'm hoping it looks good. But most of all, I want my donor to stim well.

Galen im looking at af starting last week of june 1st week of july we will be on long protocol so far I have an estimated egg collection of week comm18th aug seems so far away but I know it will be here before I know it only thing is depending on my egg collection date I may well end up with a test date of my 30th birthday :/

mells its all systems go for you now! have everything crossed for both you and your donor! :D x

Thank you Galen and Rosie!!
Blessed life , have a great vacation.

Mells-wow! Not long before ET.. GLad everything is going well and hoping for you that your donor harvests some awesome quality eggies for you.

Rosie- I will be having my Fet around August 20... That's so close to your transfer... Hoping we will be in the tww together and then be bump buddies!!!

As for me, am recovering pretty well ..August seems far away. Will be on bcps whole of July and start Lupron end of July to August first week.

Hi and :hugs: to everyone else I missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->