Ivf/icsi/fet/ june,july,aug 2013, feel free to join for support :)

Hi desperate. I have low AMH and low ovarian reserve. But on a positive note our last IVF, I got 11 eggs. The quality wasn't there, so my embies didn't grow after fertilization. Stay positive, you don't know what will happen until you go through the process. Good luck!

Hi flowermal I remember you from feb thread, how are you doing? I think the way my af is going I will more than likely be august too now :/

Hiya desperate of course your more than welcome lovely, try and stay positive hun remember it only takes one egg and one :spermy: !!!

xxx

Hi Rosie, yea I remember u too! And Mells of course!
Aww what's wrong with AF?
I'm keeping fingers crossed that my cycles will be regular cos prior to IVF they were a little wonky :wacko:

Ive always been regular despite having pcos, I had a AF when IVF failed on the 6th march and since then nothing well I had 4 days of very very light spotting on day 21 ish, I phoned IVF nurses week and half ago and they said its prob down to the fact they change your cycles medically so can take time to adjust (ive never had that problem when we had a failed assisted cycle :S) anyway woke up this morning still no AF but after I took DD swimming lessons she got me in full force so its been a grand total of 7weeks and 5 days!!! im in 2 minds of what to do I can start prob on my next AF whenever that maybe lol or maybe delay a month or 2 until I know my body is completely back to normal :/ x

I'm keeping fingers crossed that my subsequent AFs are regular.. Had to wait almost 5-6 weeks for AF to arrive prior to starting my IVF.. Hope that's not the case now :wacko:

One of my big fears was my cycles going crazy after IVF since I'm always so regular. Luckily for me, I've stayed regular. Good luck ladies! What a scary, anxious, exciting, process this can be.

I am starting to think that the spotting I had for a couple of days was just a very very light period if so that would make my cycle around 33 days this month which sounds a lot better!!!

im going to wait and see when AF shows this month and ring IVF clinic to see if they recommend holding out a month or two, I don't want to rush into this cycle now as this is our last attempt and I want to make sure everything is as perfect as it can be iykwim

hows everyone else getting on?

Rosie, I know exactly what you mean. I'm hoping for a successful cycle and some frosties. We truly cannot afford another fresh cycle. But with donor eggs we have a very high chance of success and frosties. Keeping my fx'd this is our time!

if we had some frostied we would be able to afford a couple of goes, I did question consultant as too why I get a decent amount of eggs and fertilisation yet none seem to make it to freeze, he said as I have pcos they tend to find that you get a decent number but only 1or2 actually stand out and develop,

mells have everything crossed for you, hope you don't mind me asking but how does it work with donor eggs with your cycle are they frozen or are you both timed with your cycles together?

Hows all our other ladies doing?

xx

Are cycles are timed. She does everything (stims, bw, us) up to and including retrieval. Right before retrieval I start bloods and us in prep for transfer. So it's the same as a regular cycle except she does part and I do part.

Hello everyone!
Am just taking it day by day.. Trying to eat more healthily and exercise as well :)
Thinking of trying out acupuncture as well

So will you need any meds then or is I pretty much med free for you?

Flowermal nice to here from you, ive heard loads of great feedback on acupuncture its meant to be amazing, I know on my assisted cycle a few years back I used reflexology and that was fab too although I know ppl can be funny with feet lol

im with you on the exercise front, I joined the gym pretty much straight after failed cycle although only doing gym once a week im doing yoga pilates and aqua zumba :D x

I take Lupron to prevent ovulation. Estrogen patches and then PIO after transfer. That's it!!!!

Rosie, yeah have heard of the benefits of acupuncture too.. So thought ill give it a try and see how it goes :)
Aqua Zumba sounds like loads of fun!

Hi Ladies,

I'm waiting for my last drug free AF before starting another cycle (AF due next Mon). Then I'll have a clearer picture on cycle start date for June! I still feel like I'm wishing the spring away in order to get cracking with a new cycle. I keep having to tell myself to just enjoy having my body back to myself again for a few more weeks :)

Feeling a bit calmer about this cycle, probably because I know what to expect so less nervous, but equally not getting carried away with baby talk (unlike last time) as I'm a lot more realistic about the chances of another BFN.

I'm beginning to feel that the call about whether we have any frosties will be a huge moment this time around because without those we won't be able to do another fresh cycle for a long time (if the June attempt ends in BFN) Hope that doesn't come across that I'm being super negative already but would feel better with a back up plan!) :)

Bump, that sounds like smart thinking to me. We went into our first IVf thinking about due dates and baby names...I never even got to retrieval. The second time around we took it more day by day and although we had a BFN it was easier to handle. Stay positive, but don't count the chickens before they hatch...that's what we are doing this time.

Bump that was how I dealt with it on my first IVF (we had an assisted cycle first) on the assisted I just felt I got to far ahead with myself and didn't handle the whole thing well at all obviously didn't know what to expect! with the IVF I seemed to breze through it and was totally prepared for a BFN and well I now have a very lively 2 year old

the IVF we just had again I think I got to carried away and didn't prepare myself for the BFN and its really knocked me but im definatley going to take asimilar approach to you the next time especially since its our last go,

I think weve defiantly decided that we are going to postpone until august just to get my body back in sync, I just don't feel ready to start next month and don't want to rush into it x

Thanks Rosie. It seems sensible to wait until you are ready and your body feels fully back to normal. It's a tough enough journey when your body is feeling normal so no point trying to push it if it isn't ready yet. More time to save some pennies too! :)

I'm still waiting for AF to turn up this month so that I can get my dates clear in my mind and book time off work etc as best I can. Why does AF never turn up when you want her to but is happy to put in an appearance when you don't!

Spending the next 4 weeks making sure everything is ready for a smooth stressful cycle now that we know what to expect and TRYING not to think about it too much x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->