Ivf/icsi/fet/ june,july,aug 2013, feel free to join for support :)

Hi sunshine8!

Thanks Rosie, Mells and mission_mommy for the reassurance! I really needed it.
I'll try to take everything one step at a time and not worry too much in advance. I'm also having a consult at an acupuncture place this Saturday, hopefully this will help me relax too.

Rosie - did they make you do a FET because of OHSS or mostly because of your other issues (thyroid/polyp)? What protocol were you on for your egg retrieval IVF?

auca Hey Hun..i guess you put the wrong name for the question..i believe its for me..
i Was put on FET because of my Thyroid and polyp issues...but the RE suggested that i could have had an FET even if not for those issues because my estrogen started getting high by the end of stimming...She was brilliant and managed to keep things under control though...
These people are very capable Hun..they monitor at risk patientss more freuently ..i was called in for the testss and scans more often..almost daily towardss the end of the stimming to avoid overstimming.... They have lott of experience with people like us and they handle it well!!

i wa on the long lupron protocol...stimmed with follistim and low dose hcg .
Hope this helps:)

Thanks mission_mommy :hugs: You're right, I did put the wrong name, I did mean you with my question :blush:

Well I start my BC on Saturday... Paid and ordered my IVF Meds today... trial transfer and hysto whatever it is on 6/3.... here goes nothing.

Good luck to all :)

bandy-hii! what protocol are you on?? what meds wil you be using to stim?? hope your trial transfer and hysteroscopy goes well:)

Yay Brandy :happydance::happydance:

Why do they do a trial transfer? I've never heard of that (don't think they do this here at all).

Well according the the drug list from one of the pharmacies... I have Follistim Puregon and Repronext (menogon) on the way to me. I think there is more meds that he is adding but I am not sure yet I have to go pick up the information and my calendar. But I know that I have to start the BC that I picked up today on Saturday.

God this is a ton of crap to remember and do. Anyone have any input about the 2 drugs above?? Or anything I should know that they might not tell me?

The trial transfer is just a mock egg transfer to map out the angle/entrance to my uterus and the best placement of the egg so there isnt a hiccup during the procedure.

hello everyone,

I just received a call, my consultation appointment is on 14 June . It will be great if some of you could please advise me on what should I ask etc and what this consultation meeting actually entails?

hello everyone,

I just received a call, my consultation appointment is on 14 June . It will be great if some of you could please advise me on what should I ask etc and what this consultation meeting actually entails?

Great that you got an appointment date :hugs:
I think it very much depends on the situation (diagnosis/if there is one already or not etc), but they'll most likely mostly go through your medical history and then see what tests (or if there is any) they would still like to run before doing IVF.
For us it was a very different diagnosis than for you (male factor), and I don't really know what they would do for recurrent losses. But in our case they sent DH for a variety of tests to exclude/figure out causes and sent me to do the usual - blood work, ultrasound and HSG.

Have you ever been tested for clotting disorders? I think this is usually one of the first things they look at for recurrent miscarriages (they made me do all that too because of a family history).

brandy~ i used follistim for my cycle....not the others you mentioned!All of them are subcutaneous and dont hurt ..though some sting a little! if you arent comfortabe doing the shots yourself ,then you can ask your partner or a friend to..My Dh did them and that made things lot easier:)
A very helpful tip is using ice to rub the area of injection before the shots...it numbs the area and you dont feel a thing:shrug:
Anything else..i'l be happy to answer you to the best of my knowledge:hugs:

sunshine-Auca was perfect in telling you what to expect!!if you have any questions you want to ask them write them down in your phone..first appointments are usually overwhelming so you tend to forget what you wanted to ask!!Good luck Hun:hugs:

Hi, I am starting my first IVF in July. Injection training is 3rd July, egg retrieval 16th Sept and transfer whenever they usually do it...few days later... Any tips?? I am so desperate for this to work but trying to remain realistic that it may not. x

Also, please can someone tell me how FET cycles work incase we are unsuccessful the first time.x

Well I have my calendar so I am so freaking excited and super overwhelmed... regardless of everything I have read I always feel like theres something I am missing or more knowledge that I could gain from the process. I keep getting sucked into hours of youtube on IVF!

I started my BC yesterday so today is dose 2. Seems like for my calendar that I start a new med or stop a med every Friday from now until July!

Hi, I am starting my first IVF in July. Injection training is 3rd July, egg retrieval 16th Sept and transfer whenever they usually do it...few days later... Any tips?? I am so desperate for this to work but trying to remain realistic that it may not. x

Also, please can someone tell me how FET cycles work incase we are unsuccessful the first time.x

HII BabyDancing!!!I have had my retrieval 2 weeks back.They do the transfer on day 3 or day 5 after retrieval depending on what stage embryos you have to put in!
I could not have my transfer because i have a polyp which needs to be removed . They froze all my blastocysts.Am having my FET in July if everything goes according to plan and God wills!

The most important thing is to stay positive....i was very nervous and scared of the whole process too..i hated injections but the needles are super thin and you wont feel a thing!!now that its over and i have my blastocysts waiting to get in,i feel so happy !!
What helped me a lot was eating healthy ...i had endo cysts that could have affected the quality of my eggs..but they dint !

FET involves very less drugs when compared to a fresh cycle...to build a healthy lining and on an appropriate day transfer the blastocysts or embryos you have frozen!!But all depends on the number of embryos they get to freeze !!
if u need to ask about Any thing else ..i'l be happy to answer to the best of my knowledge!

HII BabyDancing!!!I have had my retrieval 2 weeks back.They do the transfer on day 3 or day 5 after retrieval depending on what stage embryos you have to put in!
I could not have my transfer because i have a polyp which needs to be removed . They froze all my blastocysts.Am having my FET in July if everything goes according to plan and God wills!

The most important thing is to stay positive....i was very nervous and scared of the whole process too..i hated injections but the needles are super thin and you wont feel a thing!!now that its over and i have my blastocysts waiting to get in,i feel so happy !!
What helped me a lot was eating healthy ...i had endo cysts that could have affected the quality of my eggs..but they dint !

FET involves very less drugs when compared to a fresh cycle...to build a healthy lining and on an appropriate day transfer the blastocysts or embryos you have frozen!!But all depends on the number of embryos they get to freeze !!
if u need to ask about Any thing else ..i'l be happy to answer to the best of my knowledge!

Hey,

Thanks for the response. How exciting that you are just waiting to transfer- I have everything crossed for you!! :happydance:

I am currently going to the gym and trying to bring diet under control to help get my body as healthy as I can. The injections will apparently be twice a day- I presume AM and PM?? Do they go in your thigh?? I have inject training on 3rd July.

We get 1 go on the NHS, if transferring 1 egg then we get a second FET cycle and they cover cost of storing eggs. I am very fearful as to how many eggs will be collected and how many will survive etc...but until it happens you just don't know. I apparently have an egg reserve expected of a 28year old...whatever that means. He wasn't concerned and feels I have an approx. 1 in 3 chance owing to age, eggs, and healthy womb. :shrug:

I am really excited and remaining positive but that niggling realistic voice is there in the back of my mind too reminding me their is no guaranteed outcome. :wacko:

Thank you again xxx

Hi ladies! I am starting my firsy ivf cycle and im on treatment day 3. Going in for bloodworknin an hour. Its very scary and new to me! So far I'm doing 75 menopur in the mornings and 300 follistim in the evenings. The amount of medication really scares me, I have to say. Looking forward to the support!

We have been trying for 3 years with a female factor, me! My DH is fine but my issues are unknown. I do have pcos and had a lot of Fibroids in the past. We have had 3 failed iui cycles. I'm 32 and so is my husband.
Wishing you all the best! :hugs:

Hi desigirl :happydance: (I like your name, lol; I'm married to a desi boy :winkwink:)

What type of protocol are you on? Did they tailor it specifically because of your PCOS?

Just curious for those that took puregon and or menogon what was your dosage?

Looks like I am suppose to do 150 IU in the morning of one and 150 IU in at night of the other.

Hi desigirl :happydance: (I like your name, lol; I'm married to a desi boy :winkwink:)

What type of protocol are you on? Did they tailor it specifically because of your PCOS?

Hi there! Yay for your desi love! :happydance:
I went for bloodwork this morning and my estradiol is 333 on day 3 which is a bit high so they reduced my follistim in the evenings to 225 from 300 and im still doing 75 menopur in the morningss. My next visit to the RE is wednesday morning. I am worried that my pcos will hinder me as far as egg quality. I am also doing icsi. I trust my RE clinic as they are one of the best in Florida. Do you also have pcos?

Babydancing-My pleasure Hun:hugs:I was a nervous wreck when i was going to start my ivf too but Many lovely bnb ladies helped me with all the questions and fears i had and continue to do so..am glad i was able to help!!
As for the drugs i did 3 shots PM...but depends n the protocol you are on...some have AM shots too...
The shots are subcutaneous and taken on a fleshy,not muscular area..like your belly or sides of your thigh..most people prefer belly..its less painfull!!i would apply ice for a few minutes before taking the shots and numb the area..that made it super easy and painless!!!
Ovaries of 28 year old?..i suppose he meant good..generally women under 35 are considered to have good ovarian reserve!!1 in 3 is a good chance Hun..if he isint concerned you shouldnt be cause they usually tell you if something could decrease your chances!
stop rigorous exercising when u start stimming...not good:nope:

desigirl-hey Girl..am desi too:)
my estrogen was 345 after day 3 but i was doing an FET so it did not matter..hope your levels decrease with the dose!!
i have endometriosis and endo cysts on ovaries..i read and heard people say it severely affects the egg quality but i had good quality eggs and all fertilised...sometimes you are just not a part of the statistics or what DR.google says!! Ever person , every case is different!!I spend the whole time worrying too..it did not help..so relax..it'l be fine..eat healthy during the stimming ,i guess that helped me a lot!

Brandy-hii!i did not use those drugs but everyone has a different dose or a different drug combination according to what your RE thinks will work best for you..i was given very low dose of follistim but worked great on me..some people are given very high doses yet dont respond. After 3 days of stimming they do a blood work and ultrasound . If they think the dose is high or low for you after seeing how you have responded they'l adjust the dosage!

Auca-How you doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"