Ivf/icsi/fet/ june,july,aug 2013, feel free to join for support :)

Hi ladies

Can i join u pls...ive just been through my first round of icsi....which failed:cry:...We had 10 eggs 8 fertilised and only 2 made it to 5 day blastocysts and both were transfered :cry:BFN

We have another funded try and we were going to start in july...but we got so much going on in july we r gonna c if we can start it in august and like some of u ladies i want to give my body a good chance.

I have my follow up appointment on the 17th of june so will find out all my dates then and which protocol i will be on...first time i was on the long protocol...i didnt realised how much of a rollercoaster ivf is and was heartbroken when i got a bfn....i feel nervous about going through it all again...:wacko:

hi lovely of course your more than welcome to join sorry to hear about your bfn

ivf is a rollercoaster as it is I definatley think waiting until your ready both mentally and physically is a must no point adding extra pressure to yourselves

good luck with your appt!

hows everyone else doing I cant believe its going to be June in 2 weeks it seems to of gone really fast x

Rosie, yes time is flying and I'm happy about that. My ET is scheduled the end of June and I want it here fast.

Dolly, welcome. It is a roller coaster for sure, but these ladies are wonderful...and full of knowledge and experience.

Thank you for the nice welcome ladies...i think this summer is gonna go so quickly...well thats if we have a summer lol...im off to Marbella for a hen do this weekend....just what the doctor ordered so im gonna have some major fun....enjoy your weekend ladies i hope the sun makes an appearance xx

Hope you have a lovely time and have lots of fun make the most of it because fingers crossed you will be alcohol free for at least 9 months when you get back!!! im not jealous of your break in the slightest by the way ;) x

Hi ladies may I join you? Like Trolley I just had my first failed ivf cycle. I have 5 frosties and planning a FET in July.

Good luck everyone! X

Ok Dolly, you are going to have to explain a "hen do" to me. LOL! My sister in law is from the UK and we are always laughing bc when we get to talking neither can understand the other. I'm originally from NY so you can imagine...LOL!

welcome captainj1 wishing you tonnes of luck for your fet x

ha ha mells I love how british and americans have such different terms! hen do over here I presume is very similar to a bachelorette party I guess, basically I night/weekend away celebrating last days of freedom lots and lots of alcohol normally :D x

Hi ladies,

just found this thread and was hoping I could join as well.
We just got told today that we got a plan - starting BCPs Day 1 of my next cycle (some time beginning of June) and then antagonist protocol (I have PCOS-like ovaries and they're worried about OHSS); so should be a June/July cycle unless something goes wrong.

This is our first IVF. Got diagnosed with severe male factor in January and finally have the million tests we needed done and ready to go :happydance:
I'm quite nervous and am definitely looking forward to sharing stories and maybe get some reassurance from those who've already done cycles before.

Hi all. I just found this thread. We have been TTC for 3 years. I am in the 2ww for the first Femara/IUI cycle that we have ever done. Previous attempts were 6 cycles of horrid clomid and ridiculous side effects. I currently have 0 symptoms and do not assume I will be getting my BFP within the week from the IUI.

The next step is we are ordering the meds from the doctor this next week and will begin the IVF protocol at the start of June with an expected ER the first week of July with the schedule our doctor has us on.

I wish everyone lots of luck :)

Rosie, :haha:

AuCa, welcome. This process is a roller coaster no matter the outcome. I guess my best advice is to expect the unexpected. When I started my first cycle DH and I were already figuring due dates, then I had a slow response and my cycle was cancelled. We were much more cautious the second time around and low and behold, I had 11 eggs and all fertilized. Although I didn't get pregnant it was definitely a high note to know I could get something. Good luck and just be cautiously optimistic. Everything works out for better or for worse! We're all here for support.

hiii everyone..i hope i can join!!
i just had my first ivf this month with retrieval just a week back!!
it was a freeze all cycle as i had some issues..please see my signature!
i have 9 frozen blastocysts and am having my FET in july...:)

Hi Mission! Welcome to the group! I noticed your from PA...where about? My family is near Philly, DH's fam is near Pittsburgh. I hope this is your time!!!!

Hi Mission! Welcome to the group! I noticed your from PA...where about? My family is near Philly, DH's fam is near Pittsburgh. I hope this is your time!!!!

Thank you for the welcome Mells:hugs:...am in philly too ..originally from newjersey though:)

i hope so too...though it is an FET, i never had a fresh transfer for my first ever IVF..so its like first ET ever...i am to have a hysteroscopy after my af which did not arrive since my ER last week...!i have a huge polyp that needs to be taken care of!

What about you??i see you are using donor eggs...is it like FET..i mean no drugs for u??how does it work?i hope this is your time too:)

Since so many of you have already done IVF before - how scared of OHSS do I really need to be?
I haven't even started BCP yet, but I'm getting worked up more and more every day, mostly because of the OHSS risk (I'm not very worried about the injections or procedures per se). It probably isn't helping that our RE keeps telling me that I'm at higher risk because of my PCOS-like ovaries. I realize that he is just trying to make me very aware of it, but I feel like I'm maybe overreacting?

Were you ladies nervous/scared at all before your first IVF?

Hi and welcome brandy, mission mommy and auca!!!

mission mmmy what a fab number of frosties you got! do you have any idea how many you will be allowed to transfer

Auca the biggest thing I would say is take each day as it comes and try not to plan to far ahead on my first cycle I was like well they may not got any eggs then It was they may not fertilise etc I know its looking on the black side but I prepared myself more mentally that way, I too was at risk of ohss due to PCOS and from what my consultant said its if yu have more than 20 mature follicles is when your at risk if you are at risk come egg collection they will generally freeze all your eggs and do a FET try not to worry about it its quite rare x

AuCa, I agree with Rosie...don't get too far ahead of yourself. I've know a few people that have gotten OHSS and although it is painful, it isn't like they can't proceed. They will either go ahead with transfer if it isn't bad or freeze and transfer once your ovaries subside a bit. There are so many things to worry about in this process that you just need to heed the advice of your RE/FS and enjoy the fact you are doing what you can to get your little one on board.

rosie-thank u:) My RE told me that i have a great chance of having twins for my age,so i should consider transferring 1..but i love twins so i guess we'l go for 2!

auca-heyy!! i understand your worries..i was very scared too as i am PCOSissh and RE told that there was a great chance of OHSS...but for people like us who are at risk,they monitor really carefully !!and as rosie said if u seem to be at risk, they freeze all the embies and let your body go back to normal before an FET..!take one day at a time and this will all seem much easier:)
and you are not over-reacting Hun..its normal to be worried about the unknown!

Dear Ladies,

May I join you too please?
My doc has referred us to the fertility clinic as they can't find the cause of why I can't hold pregnancy.
Awaiting the call from doc, it will likely be mid-June and hopefully we will get going to our treatment June-July somewhere.

Its nice to read and share experience with ladies in similar situation and timeline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->