IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

just1-good for you day 6! you're almost there! i felt like i gained a little weight too toward the end of stims, my doc said unless it was a significant amount it was okay. thanks for your advice too on when to tell or when not to. NO ONE knows we're going through IVF ( crazy , i know! ) one of my close friends kenw we had done IUI previously, but since the lap she thinks we're just giving it a go on our own. i dont know what my family thinks but i'm sure it's safe to assume that they think we are trying and it's just taking a while. everyone will be so excited to hear the news, i just want to blurt it out at 6 weeks, but i dont want to do it too soon!!! but i guess if anything happened after we announced it i'd want my family's support anyway, ya know?

just1healthy1 my stomach is huuuuuge and I'm day 11 of stimming. It really is very noticeable, avoiding any tight clothes at the moment! I've been very uncomfortable for over a week now though and on my day 6 I had 18 follicles so I guess it's a good sign! Excited for you :happydance: My left side has been giving me more bother than the other the past few days so we sound quite similar!

IVF Transfer was today at 10:30 :D 4 embryos made it to the day 5 blastocyst stage!!! We put 2 back and will freeze the other 2 tomorrow (day 6)!!! So I'm officially PUPO and my OTD is the 29th :D I'm super excited and happy!!!

OMG PIZZA!!! That sounds amazing ( and very similar to how mine went!!! ) I will be thinking of you!! Hope the time flies by between now and the 29th!

BabyD fingers crossed and praying for you dear :hugs:, hope you hear good news.

RAF dear you will make it to transfer God's willing, just hang in there and stay positive :hugs:.

Oh Pizza congrats on being PUPO :happydance:, can't wait to hear your BFP :hugs:

Sunshine I guess it's best you wait 12 weeks before you tell(easier said than done). My DH didn't want us to tell anyone, not even family members, we are doing ivf, and we won't tell when we get our BFP until I start showing :wacko:. Hope I can do that, its really hard keeping it from my mum and sisters.

I had my scan today after three days of stims. They said everything was looking really good and my estradiol levels are good. I think they measured three or four on the left and three on the right at 10 and 12mm. I hope that is good? I am staying on the same dose this evening of 450 gonal f and 10iu of low dose hcg and will have follow up in the morning at 830. Hope everyone is doing well, and congrats on the transfers and being pupo!

PIZZA - Congrats on being PUPO!!! That's so exciting...can't wait for your BFP!!:baby:

Angie - i think those numbers are good. at least you're looking at 6 or 7 eggs!!

AFM - just got a call back about my day 6 scan and bw. they only see 2 follies on my left and 1 on my right:nope:. i wish there were more. my E2 level is at 234. i hope to all the heavens and gods more mature before my ER. I'm 30...I thought I'd be overproducing, not under:growlmad::dohh: If anything this just means we may not have any embies to freeze:cold:. i don't want to do this again, this is tough:cry:

just1--dont lose hope yet! they always seem to find more when it comes to retrieval ( hidden behind ovaries, etc ) they thought i was going to have 5 and they retrieved 7! and, its all about quality, not quantity too--so better to have 4 good ones than 16 not so good. i think you're going along great, hang in there, this phase will be over soon.

RAF- Lots of luck for tomorrow an im sure you will be fine getting to transfer! in all my years on these boards i have only ever known of 3 ladies not to make it an that's out of hundreds so pma all the way x

Pizza- congrats on being pupo with twins! and 2 frosties is fab too! this is the perfect outcome i long for from this next cycle ;) x

Angie- All sounds good to me :) i had 8 follies and we managed to get 6 eggs last cycle, but only 1 embie so all about quality really and im sure you will be fine x

Just1- On our 1st cycle they only seen 3 or 4 follicles which resulted in just 2 eggs, but we did get 1 top quality embie to transfer, just sadly didnt stick. I know its hard to stay positive but all it takes is one good egg an sperm an for the embie to stick also you may develop more follicles before egg collection. Good luck x

Pcct- How are u doing hun?? x

Hi to all the gang xxx

Hey ladies so sorry I havnt posted in a while i have been following every single post for, each of u - am so sorry to hear of those that got neg :hugs:
And a huge congrats to those that got there bfp :) hope you are all well and all u march ladies are gearing up for ur cycles :)
AQ so sorry to hear your appeal got declined :( how lovely of ur dad to help u with this cycle and I pray u get ur forever little rainbow :hugs:

Afm ladies I have my early 6 week with clinic tomorrow eeek and this morning I jus got a letter from our nhs local hospital for our next scan which will be on the 12th april and I'll be 9w1d :) just hoping the scan dates same the same :haha:

Yikes, bit of a mixed morning! We had our final scan which showed 31 follicles :shock: There's 19 mature and 12 smaller so we are triggering tonight at 7:30pm and first in line for retrieval on Friday morning! I guess I'm a lot more concerned now, I didn't think I'd go so high, and they really pushed the possibility of me getting ohss so I'm panicking again. Unfortunately DH is on nights this week and they insisted I have someone to watch me for the first 48 hours after ER so my mum is travelling down from Scotland to stay with me. Since we live an hour away from the clinic they strongly suggested I stay in Newcastle overnight so I'm close to the main hospital incase I need to be rushed in :wacko: Just feel like it's a lot to take in, and although the chances are small that I'll need hospitalised, the idea's now in my head and I'm feeling so apprehensive about the whole thing.
AQ thanks for that :hugs: I guess I'm so nervous as the nurses kept reminding us that since we don't have frozen sperm that we may not have enough on the day. DH's count is below 100 so keeping everything crossed we get some good strong swimmers :)

RAF- Wow, what a lot to handle for you and DH. Try and just keep breathing and stay calm. Doctors have to prepare you for the worst case scenario, but it never ends up as bad as they make it seem. Fingers crossed for a great retrieval, lots of viable eggs, and pretty soon-- a BFP!

Well I had my scan today after four days of stims! I'm a bit concerned because yesterday's scan showed 6-7 follicles between 10-12mm. Today with a different doctor he only seen three between 10-14mm. Is this even possible for the number to go down? Really getting nervous that we will have to cancel! :growlmad: Think I will go lay down and relax. :sleep:

Well I had my scan today after four days of stims! I'm a bit concerned because yesterday's scan showed 6-7 follicles between 10-12mm. Today with a different doctor he only seen three between 10-14mm. Is this even possible for the number to go down? Really getting nervous that we will have to cancel! :growlmad: Think I will go lay down and relax. :sleep:

Angie--with me a very similar thing happened....at one appointment they saw 7 follies and the next they only saw 5.....they said some "hide" behind ovaries etc and there are usually more than they can see. Even though they only saw 5, they retrieved 7....so maybe that is what is going on with you. Also on day 4 you still have TONS of time to grow more. fingers crossed!

RAF- Wow that's a bumper crop of follies! :) don't focus too much on the OHSS thing as lots of ladies get same amount of eggs and only very mild OHSS if at all. Try and focus on how great your cycle is going and lots of luck to dh's swimmers! x

Angie- Yeah it can vary as some follies hide. You will be fine im sure x

Hi to all the gang x

OMG girls i have had the day from hell! found out this morning our insurance company won't cover us for the joy rider that wrote our car off last week and the police have closed the case due to lack of evidence so we are without a car now and no way of affording one. Then i got the invoice for IVF/ICSI which was £4000 so called to pay that and then they tell me that the drugs are a whooping £1550!!!! cannot believe it! we were working on around £1200 so dont have enough money now. Had to go cap in hand to my poor dad once again for the extra :( he has no savings at all now and is having to cut back on everything which makes me feel so awful! dh is as useful as a chocolate teapot and just sits there with his head in the clouds whilst im running myself into the ground with stress over trying to get the money together. He is f**k all support tbh and never has been. Its a good job i have my dad and you girls to talk to. Obviously he wants end result=baby, but he couldnt care less how we get the money(me taking hand outs from my dad) or all the stress of the cycle and he didnt with previous 2 cycles but at least then we didnt have this financial strain. Ah geez i need a break. Stressed to bits. Sorry for moaning. Just so bloody fed up today xxx

Pizza: congrats on being PUPO :happydance:

First: hey don't worry too much bat the nos dear, it's quality that matters :flower:

Angie: hey take it easy.. I'm sure towards ER u will have good eggs :)

RAF: it's definitely a lot to handle but try not to stress over it too much, guess the docs are just taking precautionary measures :hugs:

Just1: hey chin up dear.. Am sure the follies will increase :hugs:

Pcct: big hello!! Nice to hear from you!

AQ: hey no worries dear, just let it out.. You are such a strong woman to be able to handles all these issues and still b ale to keep a positive outlook on things. We are here for u.. Try not to let hubby's indifference bother you know cos you need to remain positive for the coming cycle :hugs:

Big hello to the rest off the ladies.. Sorry if I missed anyone out

AFM: just had my baseline scan and BT today.. Lining is at 5.5 and hormonal levels within range so I'm good to start stimms this Friday.. Will then go in for the first scan 6 days later.. Excited and nervous at the same time.. Besides drinking lotsa water anything else I should take during Stims? Heard taking lotsa protein is good as well..

Flower- Thank you. Yay to stimming! eat lots of chicken, eggs, etc whilst stimming and maybe take a low dose aspirin (75mg) daily to help increase blood flow to uterus and follicles xxx

Hey flower :)
Aw AQ so sorry to hear all that :cry: sending you massive massive hugs!!!
I want all u girls to know I am on following and routing u all on and keep up to date with everything and all ur news :)

AQ! Wow! That's a lot to handle. Sorry you're dealing with all of that honey. Hugs to you.

AFM: Just got my second read on the blood draw ( 48 hrs after my first ) and mt beta more than DOUBLED! YAY! Doc says we have an overachiever on our hands. Praying it goes all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->