IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

Yeah sunshine if u feel ok to dtd go for it :)

Sunshine- My RE always said its fine to dtd during pregnancy but IF a mc was to occur then some women blame the fact they dtd although that would not of caused it, so basically only do what you know you wont recriminate yourself over IF anything should happen xxx

AfricaQueen :hugs: sorry to hear DH's indifference with all you have to, and are going through. Your dad is such an amazing person to help you out the way he is, you are lucky to have him.

Sunshine yayy :happydance: for the beta. I guess with all you've gone through you don't want to do anything wrong, I was just wondering when its ok to DTD too when stimming? Ladies help me out here pls :winkwink:

Hey ladies...has anyone heard from Babyd?????? If you are out there hun, please let us know how you are doing...

Sunshine - great news about your Beta!

AQ - so sorry hun, LTTTC is hard enough then you add in the other stresses of life.....

RAF - It sounds like though you might get OHSS they are on top of it. I know it is hard hun, but please try to stay calm, they will take good care of you!

AFM - I got my blood work back today....which was on cd4

FSH - 4.6
E2 - 47.6
LH - 4.1

I hope those numbers are ok because I already started down regging.

Pcct really? Frm starting stimms to transfer?

Yeah from start to finish we didn't dtd until the other night for the first time :haha: I havnt left oh waiting tho that would have been a bit u fair to say to least lol

Thanks girls. I am getting over my 'mini melt down' now but im exhausted with the stress. Just want to be cuddled up with our bundle of joy like we all do .

Regards dtd, we never did from stimms until after OTD on 2nd cycle but we were at it all through the 1st one. lol . Makes me laugh when the nurse always stresses about us using condoms during cycle. Errrrm iv got NO tubes?! ha xxx

honest to god hun, they stick to the book no matter what dont they?!! lmao xxx

Yeah they do Hun :rofl: I mean if there was any possible chance of getting preg with no tubes I would be doing every day haha!

Hi girls! Just wanted to drop in and let you all know that I'm thinking of you all and hoping for lots of BFPs! I'm feeling better lately and trying to keep a positive spin on things until my appt next week.

AQ it's ok to have a melt down once in a while! Sometimes that's all it takes to feel better.

Thanks for all the smiles while reading the DTD convo...

AQ- I am so sorry you are going through all this. It doesn't seem fair that we go through infertility and then have to deal with extra stuff. We are kinda going through a similar situation but on a smaller scale. We paid $20,000 out of pocket for IVF and now we are having to come up with $10,000+ for hospital costs of actually having the baby. Just never seems to end. I hope things start looking better for you :hugs:

As far as DTD...my RE said not to from ER until beta testing. My ovaries were still so big that it wasn't "fun" even after that for me.

The nurse told me that I need not abstain from dtd during stimms
Guess that advice might change closer to ER? Not sure.. :wacko:

Hey Sunshine - A big congrats! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

AQ :hugs:. I understand your situation well.. We went thru a bad crisis ourselves when we started fertility treatments.. After furnishing our new house we were left with almost zero savings and the fertility treatment was only making things work.. I had to depend on my mother for a little help. But the bigger problem was we hadnt discussed our treatment with anyone. So it was the worst scenario to be in - no emotional help, financial crisis and so much of stress. I was not keen on taking a job also bcse i felt that would add to my stress. Finally after 2 rounds of unsuccessful IVFs i was so disheartened that I looked for a job and even got one. I remember I was so off the TTC thing that month and and to our surprise we conceived naturally that month - which was not possible as per our first doctr. Sad we M/c but that put in a lot of strength in me. I gave up the job and decided would go for the next round of treatment when I am better financially. Within a few months the property we had listed for sale got sold off and we had funds exactly on time to start the cycle in Feb. Our IVF costs were way more than what we anticpated given the travel to another city and living costs etc. But overall it now seems all worth the wait and effort! Remember one thing god has plans and he makes us go through tough situations for a reason. You are so young and I beleive that things are going to get better for you and your family. God will set each thing right and bless you with children!

Sorry for the long writing.. But could not hold myself!:hugs: And all the best!

Thanks for the support girls, been keeping busy to distract myself but got major butterflies :wacko: health-wise I'm still uncomfortable but the pain is manageable and no sickness or headaches, so at east I'm feeling healthy for retrieval. I just want tomorrow over and great swimmers and no ohss and lots of embryos and a good transfer and a bfp...not too much to ask is it?!?! :haha:

We weren't told to abstain during stimms but we pretty much have through choice (mine haha!) - I'm in way too much pain and discomfort to find it enjoyable, but I wouldn't have a problem with it otherwise!

AQ I'm so sorry you're going through all of this :( it just seems so amazing that all some people have to do to have a baby is have sex, seems far too easy!! All the financial, physical and emotional strain will all be worth it to have your little one in your arms - it's taking longer but how much more loved will your baby be?! You'll never take a second of their life for granted and that's what to aim for :flower: it's easy to say but keep positive, I'll be thinking of you x

Mells- Glad your feeling more positive and hope your appt goes well next week :) x

Line- Ah its never ending worry isnt it?! its ok for millionaires but not us mere mortals. lol x

Babyhopes- Thank you for lovely post. I do have faith that god will send us our baby, i just get impatient as to when... haha x

RAF- Ohh yeah how easy is it to have sex an get preg?! can't imagine that anymore. Like you say tho, we will value our precious babies even more so. Is your EC tomorrow?? if so GOOD LUCK x

Hi to all the gang x

AFM- I went to see our GP before an begged her to help with cost of meds so she is going to talk to centre manager and the senior partner and see what they can do. Fingers crossed we can manage to save a bit of cash! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->