IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

AQ - thanks for the link hun! I actually checked out this dr and really liked his practice prior to choosing my current RE. I also know quite a few women on here who gotten pregnant with him. So just so you all know it is worth a shot!

Baby - praying all is ok..please let us know when you find out how many you have in there! I am back and forth about putting in 1 or 2 because a part of me want twins too, but another part is nervous about carrying them.

Flower - woohoo hun you are well on your way!

lpear - glad all ended up well!!!

lamara - welcome hun, are there any clinics you could just go into to get the HIV done?

Girls- Our lovely GP has decided to fund the entire cost of the meds and gave me a NHS script earlier with relevant meds on it!!!! I am over the moon! i am now able to give my dad back the extra money he gave us and we have a bit of cash left over incase we are lucky enough to get a frostie this time around :) This is the 1st time in a long time we have had any luck so i feel very thankful and ended up nearly crying in GP's surgery! she ended up hugging me and telling me how much she wants this to work. Very emotional day! so relieved and i just cannot wait to get started now! whoop whoop! xxx

Omg AQ that is amazing news!!!!! woooo hoooo so happy for u!!

Hello, I guess there may be other ways to get the hiv test done but ill go down NHs route first. If I'm entitled ill be asking for it, plenty of other people do. Xxx

That's awesome news at I bet you are on cloud nine now without worrying about funding and being dried up for cash. I am so happy your doctor helped you you have a very helpful dr there. Xxx

Thanks girls. Yes we are very lucky to have such a lovely Dr. She is so caring too. I know we have still had to shell out £4000 for actual ICSI but to save £1500 is just fab :) xxx

Lamara - i also had my first ivf at Complete recently. Unfortunately it ended in bfn but they were very nice there. If you have any questions just ask! :)

They advised us to get all our pre-tests done through GP to keep the costs down and we had a very understanding doctor who agreed, but i think we were testing their patience after a while as we requested quite a few, lol! Just make sure you get a clear list from Complete on exactly what tests you need as we had to have one of our samples re-looked at (Hep B i think) because they needed Hep B Core and Hep B antigen but the GP's normal test was only for one element!

Good luck with your cycle! We've got our feedback appt at the beginning of Apr to work out what went wrong etc and are hoping to have funds to try again in June/July time so we may be there the same time as you! :)

Btw egg sharing is such a lovely thing to do x

Hi bumpsparkle, I am egg sharing so i was told my screening etc is free i pay 350 for the whole thing... if i manage to egg share that is, i hope im eligable. I cant wait to get started, the clinic said on thurs that i need to see the consultant before i do councelling on 9th april but they said they would call me as soon as refferal from gp reaches them so im expecting a call early next week with appointments it would be good if i can have a consultation on the same day as attending the counselling. Im sorry to hear you had a bfn, I hope you are sucessful in future. I have no tubes but I have been told I have mild borderline pcos as i have a few small cysts on my ovaries but no hormonal problems im very regular and ovulate on time everytime so im hoping that im in sync enough to carry a baby, also been told i have a retroflexed retroverted uterus meaning its tilted and tipped back, i was told this could cause issuess during ET but a mock transfer will tell i guess. xxxx

AQ that's wonderful news! I was so happy when I read your news :)

Got the call this morning...5 precious embryos growing!! We're absolutely delighted, from 19 mature follicles they retrieved 10 eggs and 50% fertilised, so we're over the moon :happydance:

Yesterday was pretty awful, the doctor spoke to me after and explained she only went into 27 follicles as it would have been 'inhumane' to continue. I remember a lot of it unfortunately - don't remember starting to cry but remember sobbing and begging them to keep going. The staff were fantastic though, I was disappointed they couldn't finish but I trust in the doctor's decision!

Have been in an incredible amount of pain but still eating, drinking and peeing as normal. Couldn't get more than a few hours sleep as getting awful shoulder pain (quite common apparently?!) but after the phonecall this morning I don't mind the pain at all. So thankful we are getting to the final stage and getting a proper shot at our little miracle. The embryologist said on the phone we're looking at a day 5 transfer, but to be on standby on Monday just incase. So excited and relieved - now to relax!!

RAF- GREAT news on your 5 embies! so happy for you. Really bad that you suffered so much during EC though?! our clinic uses deep sedation so i am fully asleep during EC and feel nothing at all. I am thankful for that as this process is traumatic enough without being in agony to boot! Glad your ok now xxx

RAF: that's fantastic news! Congrats on getting 5 embies! I hope I can get at least half as many as you.. Sorry you are in pain. Have lots of rest and yeah be as relaxed as you can.. My clinic also puts us under sedation (GA) so I suppose that will definitely make it more bearable.. But you are a strong woman and I'm sure you will bounce back in no time :hugs:

AQ that's wonderful news! I was so happy when I read your news :)

Got the call this morning...5 precious embryos growing!! We're absolutely delighted, from 19 mature follicles they retrieved 10 eggs and 50% fertilised, so we're over the moon :happydance:

Yesterday was pretty awful, the doctor spoke to me after and explained she only went into 27 follicles as it would have been 'inhumane' to continue. I remember a lot of it unfortunately - don't remember starting to cry but remember sobbing and begging them to keep going. The staff were fantastic though, I was disappointed they couldn't finish but I trust in the doctor's decision!

Have been in an incredible amount of pain but still eating, drinking and peeing as normal. Couldn't get more than a few hours sleep as getting awful shoulder pain (quite common apparently?!) but after the phonecall this morning I don't mind the pain at all. So thankful we are getting to the final stage and getting a proper shot at our little miracle. The embryologist said on the phone we're looking at a day 5 transfer, but to be on standby on Monday just incase. So excited and relieved - now to relax!!

RAF! Good for you!! Sounds very promising. Sorry it was so hard on you, but it seems it was worth it. Keep drinking water and take it easy :) Woohoo!!

RAF that is awesome news! What kind of sedation did they use on you? Where you awake?

RAF gr8 news on 5 embryos.
Take rest, i hope the pain wil subside soon

Ladies, as we now have a lot of newbies on this thread, i will need to update the 1st page. Could you please check the 1st page of this thread and see if your name is on it, and if your not there, please let me know and also if this is your 1st, 2nd cycle etc and i shall add you to the list :) Thanks xxx

Well ladies I'm out this month; my follicles wouldn't grow. I only had two grow to a sufficient size. So I am going to trigger those two, but do timed intercourse. This way there is a small chance still. I will be starting a different protocol for next month. I will find out Thursday! :growlmad:

:hi: ladies sorry I haven't poster in like FOREVER!!!! I have been silently stalking and I would like to say congrats to all the ladies who got their bfp I am extremely happy for everyone of you :hugs:

I won't be cycling in march after all, I finally got matched but I'm waiting on my af so I can start bcps for a couple of weeks and then start DR then on the next af it will be Stims, but just wanted to say thanks for all the advice etc :hugs:

OMG PIZZA!!! That sounds amazing ( and very similar to how mine went!!! ) I will be thinking of you!! Hope the time flies by between now and the 29th!

Oh Pizza congrats on being PUPO :happydance:, can't wait to hear your BFP :hugs:

PIZZA - Congrats on being PUPO!!! That's so exciting...can't wait for your BFP!!:baby:

Pizza- congrats on being pupo with twins! and 2 frosties is fab too! this is the perfect outcome i long for from this next cycle ;) x

Pizza: congrats on being PUPO :happydance:

Thank you everyone!!! The 2 that where suppose to be frozen on day 6 didn't make it. So i just have the two inside me and just 6 more days to my OTD :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->