IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

I'm believe I'm there although I check in and out.

I had my retrieval this morning and ended up with 15 eggs! My RE orignally thought I would be a poor responder due to elevated FSH and she is in shock. So just because you have high FSH, doesn't mean you won't create eggs! I also have age on my side as an advantage but I really think FSH is just another number in my case. Looks like I'm not DOR afterall!

Tomorrow we will get the call with how many embryos we have and how they are growing. What a nerve wrecking experience! Just the other day I thought I would be out for the cycle. Such a whirlwind.

Mbrink- I really hope this works for you; I can't wait to see! We pretty much have the same reasoning for our infertility. I too have an elevated FSH; which was 11 I believe, and hubby has male factor. Which before the first round of IVF his male factor was the only problem we thought we had. Low and behold I am a poor responder. We just did a cycle on the antagonist protocol and I failed to respond; so the cycle was cancelled. I am gearing up to do the micro flare. So I will be interested to see what happens with your cycle. Good luck and lots of:dust:

Thank you so much girls :flower:

I'm sorry I can't remember the name of the sedation, the first one made me get really hot and my head went a bit fuzzy, but it didn't relax me at all, I kept telling my nurse that I didn't like it lol. I didn't feel any different when the second one went in. Yes I was awake the whole time, there are parts I don't remember but what I do remember is crystal clear! Afterwards another nurse was laughing and telling me my pulse was even higher when sedated, so I was clearly not relaxed at all!

It really was awful but I'm not focussing on it at all, I'm just thinking about those 5 little embryos and praying they're getting stronger. Anxious to hear how they're doing tomorrow. Can't believe we're at this point already?!

My shoulder pain has gone and so have the lower abdomen cramps (they felt like electric shocks!) but my bloating is CRAZY. If I hadn't been warned about it I'd worry it wasn't normal - I genuinely look around 4-5 months pregnant, it's like I have a football stuffed in there! It's very uncomfortable but I'm still eating, drinking and peeing as normal so I dont think I should be worried?

AQ my name isn't on the first page, this is our first go at IVF with ICSI. Will find out tomorrow if it's a 3 or 5 day transfer.

Mbrink fantastic news! Fingers crossed you get lots of embryos.

Angie: sorry you had to cancel the cycle.. Hope the micro flare works for you :hugs:

Scerena : hope AF comes soon for u

Mbrink: awesome news on the eggs :happydance:

Pizza: OTD will be here before you know it! :happydance:

AQ: my name appears in Feb, would you b kind enuf to shift it to Mar pls? Thanks :)

Just completed 3 days of stimms.. Feeling slight occasional cramps in my lower abdomen so really praying that the follies are growing :flower:

AF- I'm just reporting that I'm ruining the stats. I did my testing for IVF and it was negative. Oh well. I cried most of the day Friday, but I'm recovering.
Good luck to everyone still waiting.

AF- I'm just reporting that I'm ruining the stats. I did my testing for IVF and it was negative. Oh well. I cried most of the day Friday, but I'm recovering.

I am so sorry samsfan!! I can't even imagine. You will definitely be in my thoughts. If you need anything please let me know.

I received the fertilization report today and have 7 fertilized with ICSI. Do you guys think this is a good number for 15 eggs? Or am I just being crazy? I wonder if my husbands poor morphology and motility had anything to do with it, or if I'm just over thinking it. :dohh:

That's fab number mbrink as not every egg they collect a muture anyway so to have 7 ferti with icsi is fab!! Well done and good luck :)

Hope all the ladies r ok :)

Mbrink- That is a great number! I had 10 eggs retrieved all from one ovary. My other ovary didn't respond. 8 were good, 4 embryos were fertilized and 2 made it to transfer. I had ICSI and assisted hatching.
I was in good shape.
You are in better shape! Good luck! Fingers crossed.
It was my first time. I am still in a bit of shock that it didn't work. :shrug:

I am so sorry samsfan!! I can't even imagine. You will definitely be in my thoughts. If you need anything please let me know.

I received the fertilization report today and have 7 fertilized with ICSI. Do you guys think this is a good number for 15 eggs? Or am I just being crazy? I wonder if my husbands poor morphology and motility had anything to do with it, or if I'm just over thinking it. :dohh:

Samsfan- Sorry abuot your negative; hope you are doing OK. :-(

Mbrink- 7 fertilised is awesome:thumbup:; I hope they all make it and you have great embies to transfer and even freeze. Hope I am this fortunate next cycle![-o<

As for me; well I triggered the two follicles we had last night and was told to have intercourse :sex: tonight and tomorrow night. Hoping that despite my hubbys male factor his :spermy: will find one of the eggs and then we don't have to do IVF at all. Still hope I guess! :thumbup:

Angielude. Goodluck!!!! Im wishing for the best for you. Why didnt they do IUI?

Samsfan- Sorry abuot your negative; hope you are doing OK. :-(

Mbrink- 7 fertilised is awesome:thumbup:; I hope they all make it and you have great embies to transfer and even freeze. Hope I am this fortunate next cycle![-o<

As for me; well I triggered the two follicles we had last night and was told to have intercourse :sex: tonight and tomorrow night. Hoping that despite my hubbys male factor his :spermy: will find one of the eggs and then we don't have to do IVF at all. Still hope I guess! :thumbup:

Samsfan- we decided not to go ahead with the IUI because my insurance pays for meds for the IVF but not the IVF procedure. We have a max limit so we need to save that money for IVF meds!

AQ-- OMG.. I'm so sorry.. as if you need anymore stress in your life. Hugs to you.. sorry I've been MIA from the forum and FB... life is hard!

As for what's going on with me... I will upload a picture of my current sonogram.. My baby is measuring 6 days behind.. still a sign of something wrong. The heartbeat went up to 153bpm. I went to my regular OBGYN instead of the RE. I'm so comfortable with him and I just needed a second opinion for peace of mind. I left the RE on Tuesday hysterically crying. The waiting for miscarriage or success is just torture. Going to my OB made me so much more relaxed. He said, let's be optimistic.. there is a 50/50 shot. At around 10-11 weeks if it is still going we will be doing testing to see if we can find a chromosomal abnormality. I see him again next Friday... so just more waiting and wishing.

Thinking of you. Lots of T & P coming your way!

Totally understand.. Best of luck. :flower:
Samsfan- we decided not to go ahead with the IUI because my insurance pays for meds for the IVF but not the IVF procedure. We have a max limit so we need to save that money for IVF meds!

Hey ladies need some advice. Day 4 of stimms and feeling a little bloated in the lower abdomen.. Not sure if its the bloatedness but also feeling a little constipated.. Is this normal? Any remedies that you can share? Thanks :flower:

Samsfan- I am so sorry this cycle didnt work for you. Hope you are able to try again soon x

angie- Good luck with the timed intercourse! hope dtd does the trick x

Flower- Yep its perfectly normal to feel bloated during stimms as our poor ovaries are doing overtime! lol. If you are constipated i found that fresh orange juice and apples helped me out a bit x

Cali- How are you doing? x

Hi to all the gang. Il update 1st page now xxx

So sorry samsfan, hope you're ok :hugs:

Angie hoping those swimmers get there for you!

Flower - I definitely felt that way, hopefully you're growing lots of great follies! I felt bloated almost immediately but was lucky not to suffer from constipation. I don't know if it was down to this, but I drank 3-4 litres of water a day, a few Gatorades, green tea and boiled water with lemon. I'm also doing all those things now after ER but it's not helping the bloating :wacko:

Hi to everyone else!

Afm embryologist called again this morning, all 5 embryos are still going strong :happydance: so we are definitely going in on Wednesday for a day 5 transfer. Fingers crossed we can get a few frosties too. Feeling so much pain from my bloated stomach but know it's normal, just trying to find ways to cope (long baths, hot water bottles and lying in weird positions!!).

RAF- FAB news! you have such a strong chance of this working with a blast! hope you get some frosties too xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->