IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

Great number on ur 5 embie :)

Raf that's awesome congrats being pupo enjoy Hunni :)

AQ fab u have all your drugs now and so close to be getting started!! So exciting

Afm nothing new to report girls just reading and keeping up with all your process :) more symtoms are kicking in as horrible as they r am loving them :haha: I can't seam to eat anything come tea time on wards so guna try make most of it during the day - I haven't been sick yet just been feeling very very nausea nothing a ginger snap won't sort out :thumbup:

Congrats RAF

Glad to he things are progressing for you PCCT.

I too have been stalking the pages here to keep up with everyone.

I'm sorry I've been so MIA girls. I've just had nothing going on and I've been trying to just deal with and get over my second failed cycle. I had my consult this morning though and we're going to go through with the FET. I go in April 3rd for b/w to see where I'm at in my cycle and then I'll be starting either on Lupron or BCP's depending on what my levels are. He said the one embryo I have frozen is the best I've ever produced so I'm feeling happy about that.

If this FET isn't a failure good but if it is then we're going to do another fresh IVF cycle and do PGD on the emrbyos. He said if we do PGD and they come back normal then we can start looking into endometrium problems but if they're abnormal then we'll know that it's the embryos that are arresting. I'm happy with the plan and just looking forward to moving forward.

babyd- I'm so sorry to hear that your baby didn't make it! Huge :hugs: to you.

AQ - I really hope you get the financial help for the meds! FX'd!

lpear - Sorry about the scare but happy everything is okay and congrats on 11 weeks!

I know I missed a lot of you but it's soooo much to go back since I've been MIA for a while. I hope you're all doing good though and on your way to your BFP's!

Thank you girls :flower: DH and I have been on cloud 9 since, we know it's completely out of our hands now and we've done everything we can. We're just enjoying taking it easy and spending time together.

Heard from the clinic twice today - we've got a little frostie!! :happydance: We're totally delighted, it's just an extra bonus that we didn't expect, so it's nice to know there's another little fighter. Also my bloodwork wasn't so good, they would like to see me again on Tuesday due to mild ohss. But they knew we're planning on going up to Scotland tomorrow so I had to promise that if I felt worse at all I must phone asap and they'll let me know what to do. They were happy when I told them my sickness has gone and I've been eating and drinking normally again today!

Ash nice to hear from you, glad you know what your next steps are and can focus on getting started soon. It's great your frostie is of such great quality, have everything crossed for you x

hi everyone sorry i've not been on this forum in a while i hope everyones keeping ok just wanted to say never give up hope xx we had an early scan and seen TWO heartbeats so we are having twins i cannot believe it :cloud9: i'm 7 weeks today times gone so quick. sorry for lack of personals xx

Hello Ash, glad you have a plan. Hope everything works out for you this time around.

Wifeyw congrats on the twins, so happy for you.

Ash- great to hear from you!! Glad you have a plan, I know this is going to work for you. I have been praying for you and thinking about you daily. xoxo

Ash, glad to hear you have a plan. I was thinking of you today since we also had our consult this morning. Since we don't have any frosties we talked about doing another fresh cycle. My RE sad that since I responded well last time it wouldn't be out of the question. He did say that my age and my embryo quality (only 2 of 11 made it to day five), he would look at a different protocol and a 3 day transfer. Then we talked about donor eggs as an option. He told us success rates are really high with donor eggs since they are younger, well screened, and don't have fertility problems to begin with. Without insurance helping with any costs we decided to go with our odds and are going to use donor eggs. Another positive is that since we live 3 1/2 hours away, it would mean less trips to the clinic for us. They will begin matching us with donors tomorrow and once we have someone that we like, we will start the process. So it looks like mid July sometime.
Sorry this is so long but getting it out makes me more convinced this is the right decision for us. Thanks for reading/ listening!

Mbrink- Great news! congrats on being pupo x

Flower- Great news on your scan and hope all goes well for sat x

Mamali- Lots of luck for tomorrow x

RAF- Congrats on being pupo! and on having a lil frostie! x

Ash- We did secure funding for meds from our lovely gp! :) great to know our taxes have gone to great use ;) glad your gonna do a FET and wish you lots of luck x

Wifey- HUGE congrats on your twin news! happy and healthy pregnancy to you x

Ash, glad to hear you have a plan. I was thinking of you today since we also had our consult this morning. Since we don't have any frosties we talked about doing another fresh cycle. My RE sad that since I responded well last time it wouldn't be out of the question. He did say that my age and my embryo quality (only 2 of 11 made it to day five), he would look at a different protocol and a 3 day transfer. Then we talked about donor eggs as an option. He told us success rates are really high with donor eggs since they are younger, well screened, and don't have fertility problems to begin with. Without insurance helping with any costs we decided to go with our odds and are going to use donor eggs. Another positive is that since we live 3 1/2 hours away, it would mean less trips to the clinic for us. They will begin matching us with donors tomorrow and once we have someone that we like, we will start the process. So it looks like mid July sometime.
Sorry this is so long but getting it out makes me more convinced this is the right decision for us. Thanks for reading/ listening!

Mells,
Glad you are moving forward with a plan! So out of curiousity how do you choose your donor? Is there a book with their pictures and history?

Had the D&C on Wednesday... it's pretty sad to go through all of this. I came home tired from the general anesthesia... with minimal bleeding and then yesterday I had HORRIBLE cramps.. like contractions I'm guessing and the bleeding had stopped. Late last night the bleeding came on heavier but at least the cramping stopped. Today I had a few good cries... hoping to be able to heal soon and move on to FET. So scared that those blasts will have something wrong with them as well. They said I'll have chromosomal/genetic testing back on the miscarriage within 4 weeks. If they find something was wrong- would it effect my other embryos??

Mells - glad you have a plan hun and that you feel comfortable with it. I have heard great things about donor eggs. I am your age and am going to try this IVF with my eggs and see what I get. Did they have any inclination that something might be wrong with your eggs prior to your IVF? Like through bloodwork etc?

BabyD- my heart just breaks for you! All I can say now is that the worse is over. I would ask your dr about the additional embies as I really don't know the answer to that. Sending you tons of healing energy.

BabyD - Rest up and spend time with your friends and family. I am so sorry. Just because some have defects does not mean they are all will.

TTC, I do have low AMH .75 In retrospect I had a good response with 11 eggs, but only having 2 slow embryos at day 5 told us that the quality just isn't there. My RE said that it wouldn't be a long shot to try again with my eggs since I did have plenty of eggs, but since we already were considering donor eggs, he agreed that was our best chances considering it is so expensive.

Cali, we filled out a preference form and then the coordinator "matches" us based on that. She told us she will send us 4 profiles at a time and as we decline them she will send us a new one until we pick. The profiles are pretty extensive, we saw a sample one. It includes physical characteristics, medical history of self and family, then there is some questions about hobbies, interests, education, goals, etc. then they send pictures. Some people aren't comfortable with current pics so the sample we saw had pics of the donor as a child. I even asked about us and the donor having appts at the same time, and the coordinator said they take care to make sure we wouldn't be in the office at the same time. Such an interesting process to say the least. I'm just so thankful, women are willing to go through This process for someone else's benefit.

Thanks for explaining that! I think that what you are doing is a great idea and you will be holding your lil one very soon! Donor eggs do have a wonderful rate of take of babies.

Hello ladies,

Just to share that I just had my trigger shot!!
I went in for my scan this morning (its Sat night here.. 11.10pm to b exact)
Doc told me that I was good to go as I had around 6 big follies and maybe another 1 or 2 that could make it in time for ER

All just happened so fast! So just had my trigger and will b going in for ER on Monday morning.. Really praying that I'll have at least a couple of frosties (have decided we will put in 2 embies)

Maybe this Easter will be start of a lil' bunny :winkwink:

BabyD- Thinking of you lots and hope you feel better soon x

Mells- Very interesting process with the donor eggs! amazing gift these women give x

Flower- Yay for trigger! lots of luck for EC on Monday x

Hi to all the gang. Hope all those cycling now are doing well and lots of luck to those in the 2ww or waiting for 1st scans x

AFM- Well as sods law would have it, AF is a day late already! Grrrrr. Hope she shows tomorrow so i can call clinic on Monday and get this ball rolling xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->