IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

Hi Mamali, nope over here I'm only told on the day of the transfer.. Nope nothing given yet, presseries will only be given after transfer.. I'm hoping I've got at least one embie to transfer cos try called earlier to remind me of my appt tmr morning. :shrug:

Ladies, anything that I should actively do or must not do after transfer? Ben hearing split views that bed rest is necessary while some say some movement is good? As if the injections weren't enuf and been really having bad mood swings :dohh:

Mamali I'm using cyclogest pessaries too, are you usng your vaginally or rectally? For me it's just like putting in a tampon, make sure you push it up as high as you can. It's totally normal for them to leak a little, I've been wearing liners because they've leaked a bit every time! But it definitely shouldn't all leak out, maybe try sitting or lying down for 10 minutes after you've inserted it?

Flower I'm not the most qualified to give advice, but my clinic don't even require you to lie down after the transfer! I did modified bed rest I guess, stayed mainly off my feet for the first 3-4 days (mostly because I was so swollen and in so much pain!) but got up to pee a lot. After the first day DH and I did very short walks as I was told not to stay completely immobile to allow blood flow. The main no-nos are no hot baths, no strenuous activity or heavy lifting, no alcohol etc. I'm now 6dp5dt and have been on long (slow) walks with our doggie but relaxing in between. Hope that helps! :hugs:

Mamali- Good luck for your call! as regards the cyclogest, i always used them rectally as they absorb much better and dont leak out. For those ladies using them vaginally, you should ideally lie down for 20 mins after inserting so it absorbs. x

Flower- Yeah same here, once transfer is done at my clinic, we are on our feet within 2 mins and walking out the hospital. lol. With my previous cycles i lay on couch when i got home cos was tired after the deep sedation. Next few days i took it easy but pretty much carried on as normal with light walks, shopping etc but i never lifted anything heavy or took any baths. Just showers to be safe. Also i never dtd as i was worried it could dislodge the embie! lmao. Just do what makes you feel better x

AFM- Well girls, i called the clinic and i am booked for my baseline scan for Thursday at 11am :) if all is clear i will be starting stimming that same day xxx

RAF and AQ: thanks ladies! I'm gonna be fully awake during transfer, as is their procedure here but with a full bladder yikes!

AQ: awesome that things are moving along! Hurray!! :happydance:

Flower- Just read my previous post and was like WTF?! hahahaha. My brain is mashed. I had deep sedation for egg collection not transfer! haha. Fully awake for transfer, but as my womb is tilted i had to have a empty bladder. Transfer was completely painless and over within a few minutes so don't worry about that xxx

Thanks ladies, i called the nurse and she told it'll definitely leak so no worries. Got a call from the embryologist and four have fertilised, am having 3dt.

Mamali that is fantastic :yipee: u must be so exicted to have 4 out of ur 5 fert :dance:

Mamali - that is great news that 4 fertilized! Woohoo! My dr told me to have 3 days bedrest before I can travel home as I have to fly after my transfer. She didn't specify how strict the bed rest was though. I agree there should be some sort of movement. I do believe though that if the embie will implant it will do so whether you do bed rest or not as long as you dong do anything to strenuous.

AQ - that is so awesome! So once they do your scan then you start your stims? If so, I will be right behind you as I start stims on Monday.

SO funny every morning I wake and log on in the hopes that I will see the BFP tally rise in the title of this thread! I am so cheering all you ladies on and hoping to see some BFP's very soon!

yep i am pcct, i guess i was hysterical yesterday :blush:

Rafwife thanks, am taking mine vaginally, and yeah i'll lie down for a few minutes after inserting.

Flowermal my clinic gave me a list of do's and dont's :haha:. no climbing of stairs, and if its a must then take a step at a time, no smoking, drinking. no watching emotional movies/horror movies :haha:. take it easy with your daily activities and rest well. take lots of fruits, vegetables and water.

Of course tho ur hormones are all over place !
I rekon a good movie u can giggle to helps :thumbup:
When I was going the gel I inserted lyin down with both legs slightly bend up if u get me and non leaked out at all :)

Mamali that's fantastic news! See nothing to worry about
I really hope I can a fertilization report as good as yours! Wish me luck k? :winkwink:

RAF - i feel like you and i are pretty close in timeline. when do you do preggers test? don't feel down...keep reassuring yourself YOU ARE PREGNANT!

AFM - Sorry I've been MIA, I usually only log on at work, and with Easter i had a nice little 6 day break. Last time I posted I said there were 5 eggs that fertilized. I had no idea that because it was less than 6, my doctor bumped up the transfer to 3 days instead of 5. So I went in for ET last Friday. It's been awesome to think that I am pupo!! I've been feeling fine, been taking it easy. We transfered 3 7cell embies :baby::baby::baby:. DH and I freak out from time to time thinking about the possibility of triplets...but we're firm believers that God will not place us on a path we can't handle. Nurse called yesterday and said we have one frozen blast! :cold:. I'm so happy we had a little one of us toughing it out and growing...makes me believe at least one inside me will do the same:dance:.

Just1 - that is amazing. If you don't mind me asking how did you come to the conclusion to transfer 3?

wish you all the luck in the world flowermal :hugs: :dust:

just1 congrats on being PUPO dear :hugs:, can't wait to hear your bfp :happydance:

ttc - I couldn't sleep at all the night before transfer, so i got on internet (shocker) to read about success rate difference between 3dt or 5dt...and i ran across several cases that said they transferred 3 and only 1 stuck. Given the fact that I haven't as much had a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage since we've been ttc, I decided I'd transfer as many as doctor would let me (I of course talked about this to DH once we were in car driving to transfer, and he supported my reasoning). Once we where there doctor came in with the news that we had 3 7cell embryos and 2 5cell embryos. That made my decision very easy...I wanted all three 7cell to give them a fighting chance to stick on a 3dt. I would have never pushed for 3 if it had been a 5dt. So I may be having triplets, BUT there's a good chance I won't...I'll be happy with just one healthy one!!:happydance:

Thanks Mells....will they postpone starting mjy stims if AF doesn't show?

That I'm not sure about. I've always gotten my AF on time after stopping BCPs. And my stims were always started the following weekend after my baseline. Did they tell you to call when you started or do you just have an appt scheduled? GL!

Mamali- FAB news! so happy for you and don't worry about yesterday. We all have mini meltdowns during this process ;) x

Tccbaby- Yes if all clear on scan on thursday il start stimms that evening :) x

Just1- Congrats on being pupo wih triplets! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back