IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

RAF - I'm so very sorry, keep your head up...it will happen! that little frosty may be the one!! :hugs:

afm - I get my hcg drawn on tuesday...i am hoping at least one of the 3 embies stuck...my only symptoms so far have been extremely tender breasts and a pulling and stretching feeling in my lower stomach. i keep affirming myself by saying and thinking...i am pregnant, i am pregnant, i am pregnant:winkwink:. but I'm also so very grateful that we have a little frosty one too just in case.

Mamali that is so awesome! If anyone who put back three embryos doesn't mind telling me how old they are that would be great! My dr said that she wouldn't put back three for me....that my limit would be 2. I am 37 so not young as far as fertility goes and I just wonder if she is being a bit passive!

Ash - please let us know how your blood work comes back!

ttc - i am 30, DH is 32. we had 3 put back in. he said he thought 2 was good, but would let me decide. and i decided 3 given i had a 3dt. he asked me right before he did it, if we were sure, and i stuck to my guns and said yes. i just wanted to cover all my bases, you know?:winkwink:

RAF - so sorry hun....I always found the hardest part of the BFN was to see how my DH got to sad. It is so hard! I know you guys will be ok and one day you will be parents!

Just1 - well I might push for 3 depending on the grade of my embies. Esp. if I have to do a 3 day transfer. Thanks for explaining to me.

So after a very long and frustrating bout of emails and phone calls....DH will be taking another round of antibiotics for the bacteria they found in the sperm culture. Even though my GP doesn't feel like it was found in the sperm but possibly by contact. I hate to have DH on antibiotics this close to ER and I also don't like to have him on antibiotics when he might not even need them. After all isn't that why we had so many antibiotic resistant problems out there right now! I do also feel like the nurse who didn't give us the correct instructions on how to collect the sample should have done a better job at this....I am over it! Oh and mostly I am worried these antibiotics will affect DH sperm quantity and quality.

ttc my oh is still on his antibiotics he has another 5 days he had to take them for 5 days, what ones is your oh taking???
Will it effect their sperm badly then if they're on them close to EC??? I'm worried also...

raf I am so sorry to hear that Hun :hugs: :hugs: take the time you need to get your head around things and we will all be rooting on that frostie for you :hugs:

aq how are you????

AQ - I live in the Bahamas but my IVF is being done in Florida in the US.

Scerena - He did Axithromicin or Z-pack a couple of weeks ago and not they want him to take Ampcillin.

scerena - I am ok thanks, just had a bit of a meltdown before when i did my needle as a tiny bit of liquid was still in the syringe when i drew needle out and i lost the plot. lol. I also keep panicking im not injecting properly which i know i am as iv done 2 cycles before. I think this cycle is harder cos we know its the last chance for us and its making me very nervous. How are you doing? xxx

ttcbaby- ah ok. wasnt sure and when you said about 3 embies being transferred i thought you had to be in the states. You getting excited now about getting started on stimms? xxx

ttc mines been on ofloxacin for two weeks when he's finished the course.... Hope it works :)

africaqueen aw Hun :hugs: you will do great and I'm praying you get your bfp :hugs: ill be the same I done 3 injectables cycles but I can imagine feeling I'm not doing it right when I get round to it :hugs:
I'm doing good thanks just waiting to stop this pill :dohh:

RAF, keep your head up...I know easier said then done. :hug:

scerena - how long after he finishes does he have to give his sample? did he have bacteria in his culture? Is that why they have him on antibiotics?

AQ - yeah I will be doing my IVF in the US. My RE is very hesitant to let me put back in 3 but keeps telling us to see what kind of quality embies we get.

ttc he has raised white blood cells, he had a semen culture a year back but came back normal and so when I went to my new clinic and he had white cells still in his SA still he put him on the antibiotics to help get rid of the white cells for the IVF... It may or may not work but hopefully the antibiotics will clear any bacteria up in there fx'd!! They haven't told him to have a retest? Maybe because EC will be around 3 weeks after his last pill- I have no idea :shrug:

What about your oh? When's he due to do another sample???

If they have time they will do it.....other wise they will not do it. They said the kind of bacteria they found does not affect IVF and could be found on the skin and not necessarily in the sperm but to be cautious they figured it wouldn't hurt to have the course of antibiotics done.

That's what they wasn't sure with my oh wether it on skin or what... Kind of the same predicament we are in :dohh: well IF it was in their semen then at least it's getting cleared up just incase :)

Just wanted to crash the thread and say hi, Im in my 2ww (6dp5dt) Of my 2nd IVF/ICSI split course and going totally nuts with the waiting now. Ive stupidly done HPT's (FRER) on 5dp and 6dp (today) and both were deff BFN, I got my BFP, my first ever in nearly 4 years from my first ICSI but sadly mmc at 5weeks so was really holding out for this one but im just not hopeful at all. Baby dust to you all xxx

scerena - yep I guess it is more just to make sure it isn't there and that it wont hinder our success!

rach -well that is still early hun I haven't been in a IVF tww yet but I hear it is more stressful than a normal tww...trust me I am not looking forward to the waiting.....Praying you get your BFP hun!

Rachel- I am stimming at the moment on our 3rd cycle and know how hard the 2ww is after a fail or loss. Stay strong. Almost there. Lots of luck! When is OTD? xxx

Rach, I agree with the others. It's still early. Hang in there.

TTC- Thanks, hope you get to start stims tomorrow, hows everything else going? x

AQ- ive got everything crossed for you that it works out this time and you get your BFP 3rd time lucky. Ive got to wait until the 11th and it is going oh so very slowly but i know im out now for sure.

Hi mells x

Well had another BFN on a FRER this morning!!
me and DH DTD this morning and when i went to the toilet after there was bright red blood i thought it was alot but wonder now if it was spotting as there hasnt been any since? but that cant be good and its deff to late for IB right??
all day yesterday i had awful cramping to the right side of my stomach around my ovary and nowhere else i was so panicked i had OHSS starting, I just cant stand this waiting anymore i know im out but theres still i tiny little part of me thats just going to keep tormenting myself and testing every day til the 11th or AF arrives.

RAch - sorry about the bfn hun.....i know it hard to hold on to hope but it is still arly and bleeding during the tww after ivf is quite common. what was your DX? How old are you? I do start on Monday, I live in the Bahamas so I a flying over to Florida to start Ivf tomorrow. I'm excited but so her ours at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->