IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

TTC- I really hope everything goes ok hun keep us updated,
We are both unexplained which makes it all the more annoying. Im 27 going on 28 this august and DH is 33 this may, weve been trying since june 09 with only 1 BFP ever from our first IVF in October which ended in mc. Its like a never ending torment butttt lets see what happens on the 11th x

Rachael- I know its hard but over the yrs on forums i have seen LOTS of women convince themselves they are out and then get that BFP so stay strong! ;) as regards unexplained infertility, it must be frustrating but it means that there is still a chance of a natural bfp as seen that happen lots too. Good luck for the 11th xxx

AQ- Thanks so much ive usually got such a positive attitude and its making me sadder that im so sad lol. I think its the waiting and the not knowing because i do know it really can go either way at the moment, Ive decided tomorrow is another day and i am not going to test now until the 11th then whatever the outcome i can always try again!x

Glad you are feeling better ;) i know the 2ww following IVF is awful but all we can do is hope that its worked. Its down to mother nature now. Science has done its bit ;)
Fingers crossed for you xxx

Rach - we are unexplained also....it is so frustrating. We started tring around the same time as you...it seems like a lifetime ago, when i thought that it would just happen. Did you do ICSI with any of your cycles? This is my first Ivf and I am so concerned about it. I start stimming tomorrow and as you know I have a world wind of what its running through my head. All we can do is just trust the process and hope for the best.

Well i went for my day 5 scan today and have to say, the results arent great i have 5 follicles on the right with only one being 11.5 and the other 4 all well under 10. I also have a small cyst on there. On left side i only have 2 follicles. One is 10.5 and the other a lot smaller. The nurse said she wants to re-scan me on wed and go from there. Not to start cetrotide yet as the follicles are a lot smaller than they need to be to start that. Feeling very fed up. Still hopeful as all it takes is one egg, but very fed up. Just wanted a good result today as i am mentally worn out. I have decided if this cycle doesnt work, its end of the road for me in trying to have a biological child. I can't do this again. I am a shadow of myself. Its taken over my life. Anyway my fingers are crossed and many prayers will be said. xxx

AQ - I am so sorry you have feeling down. You are usually such a positive person! Keep your chin up and know we are all rooting for you that this round will bring you a beautiful take home baby. :kiss:

AQ, sorry you didn't get the results you were hoping for, but it's still early. A couple of days can make all the difference. Have you used a heating pad or hot water bottle on your belly? I did that my second IVF and had a much better result. :kiss:
Have you considered other options at all? Like adoption or donor eggs? I understand how this process can consume you, you are not alone! :hugs:

Thank you ladies.
I am feeling a little better. Went out for ice cream with my dad and my cousin before and did a bit of shopping as dh is at work.
I just have to keep telling myself that all it takes is one good egg and sperm and we have our embie xxx

AQ: hey big hug to you Hun.. Really sorry you are feeling down.. There's still hope lets see how this cycle pans out.. Maybe things might get better.. Take it easy dear. Take it one step at a time k? :hugs:

Hi, I am 24 and doing Ivf in mid may. I learned that I have a low AMH level (3.9) and for someone my age it's supposed to be between 21-40 which is scary lol. I chose to go ahead with Ivf and am now waiting to start my drugs in my may cycle. This is all scary lol. Anyone have any advice?

Hi Dan Dan - I also have a low AMH of 5.7 and I am 28. It does not mean you will not get pregnant. I responded well with my first round of IVF. They retrieved 15 mature eggs and 11 fertilized. That round ended in miscarriage but dont be discouraged!

We are here to help! All the ladies here are very nice and supportive.

Dan, I agree with Wanna. I have low AMH .76 and I'm 37. I had 11 eggs and all fertilized with ICSI. Anything is possible though and there is no way to predict the outcome. Good Luck!

OH AQ so sorry about that :hugs:, you are in my prayers dear :flower:

Dandan welcome to the thread, wish you all the best in your cycle.

Flowermal how's the 2WW going? It's killing me over here :growlmad:, it's as if the days aren't moving at all :wacko:

Hello everyone :flower:

aq I'm sorry Hun :hugs: I hope that in the next few days the other follicles catch up :hugs: Ice cream and shopping always helps to make you feel a bit better :hugs:
I agree are you using the hot water bottle/pads??? Hot water bottles use to help my follicle :)

dandan :hi: welcome to the thread, I'm currently waiting for my first IVF so I have no advice sorry :hugs:
I've seen many ladies with low AMH get a nice amount of eggs so tr not to worry too much :hugs:

:hi: to everyone else hope you're all doing okay??? :hugs:

Dan- Welcome and good luck x

Mamali- I am going to start using hot water bottle tonight as i have heard a lot of good results from applying heat to the area :) thanks x

Thanks for all support ladies. Decided to be positive as all we need is one good egg :) xxx

AQ- All it takes is one good egg... and sometimes an alright egg. My right ovary didn't respond and I had 10 from my other ovary. At first I only had a couple.. keep the faith they will catch up

Dandan- I just did IVF. Even though I wasn't successful, I'm almost 39.. my AMH is .53 and they got 8 good eggs, 4 fertilized. You will do fine!

Thankyou ladies you're all so nice. I think it helps sometimes just to have someone to talk to who has gone through or is going thought the same things :)
Good luck everyone :)

Thankyou ladies you're all so nice. I think it helps sometimes just to have someone to talk to who has gone through or is going thought the same things :)
Good luck everyone :)

Agreed! It's so hard to talk to people that don't have infertility. Although they mean well (most of the time) I don't always want advice, just someone to listen. These ladies are wonderful! :hugs:

AQ - Sorry to hear you are feeling sad about your scan, but hang on in there girl! There is positive in the results of that scan and it's still early days and a few days really can make a big difference. Although I totally understand how draining all this is.

Sorry I've been MIA for a while but I've been checking in to see how you are all getting on and I've got everything crossed for you AQ. You set this thread up for us and given us all so much support that you totally deserve this!

Stay positive, stay positive, stay positive!

P.S. Maybe check with clinic about the hot water bottle as I asked mine if I could use a hot water bottle in the area for the discomfort I had during stimming and was told it wasn't a good idea? Would be interested to hear what advice others have been told about this as we all appreciate any tips that can help things along!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->