IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

Hey everyone , sorry to hear you are feeling bit down at min aq like,all the other ladies says a few days can change a lot , I remember my first scan at stims things weren't looking too good follicles were small didn't have much either so was giving a couple more days and I too used hot water bottle and my next scan they all grown plus a extra 3 :shock: stay positive Hun u totally deserve this and I hope and pray u get ur fab embie :hugs:

Hey dan dan and welcome :)

We had our WTF meeting last week and it was pretty much as we expected. The cycle went well from their point of view so it just seems like mother nature let us down in the end :sad1:

We discussed the mix up with the SSR procedure which was their error and although it didn't necessarily affect our end result, it did mean that they didn't obtain enough sperm for freezing as well, which means we have to go through and fund that procedure all over again for our next try. However, they are looking into this and have suggested that they might be able to reduce the cost of this due to their error...yay! Every little helps hey!

We're hoping to have enough cash to start another fresh cycle in June (didn't have any frosties so we've got to start from scratch). Our screening tests run out at the end of the year so we're hoping for one more fresh try before they do, and possibly a FET in Autumn if need be/or if we actually get any! After that I think it may need to be the end of the road for a good while because of the cost so I guess a lot more will be riding on this cycle [-o<

Not sure how I feel about doing another cycle at the moment as I'm feeling excited about giving it another go, but also dreading the emotional and physical stress of it all, and the possibility of having to deal with another failure. I'm not sure I can go at it with the same positive attitude as before but that might be a good thing as it might protect me from the crush of the BFN last time. I've been trying to process our BFN by trying to get on with life, almost like it didn't happen, however, the WTF meeting has brought it all up again and made me face it which I think is probably a good thing, espeically if we want to try again.

Sorry for the negative rant. Now that IVF is back in our life and on the cards again, and since we're keeping it quiet from friends and family again, I just needed to vent to people who understand how hard it is :flower:

Thanks ladies x

Hey bump sparkle glad to hear you won't give up to get ur dream :hugs: was last cycle your first ivf?

Dan: welcome :flower:

Mamali: yup the this is the longest 2 weeks ever and in my case it's 2.5weeks from transfer to BT <faints>

Bump: nice to hear from you and good that you have things planned out :flower:

Thank you ladies :hugs:

Pcct – Yes the last cycle was our first and we did IVF with ICSI. DH had a failed vasectomy reversal and, with no apparent problems with me (28), I think I got carried away when they said it should just be a matter of getting sperm and egg together and I really believed it would work first time. Bit silly really as fertility is never that simple, even when baby-making the regular way, but lesson learnt for next time!

Flowermal – Thank you and lots of baby dust to you during your 2ww. Will be hoping for you on the 19th!

Hi ladies,

AQ sorry to hear your news hun, I do hope things turn around.

Dan Dan - welcome to the thread!

bump - Fxed round 2 works.

AFm -though I was to start stimming yesterday, they found a 2cm cysts on my right ovary and my estrogen was elevated at 93. It seems even on the BCPs my body was trying to ovulate!!!! Can you believe it!

Anyway, my cycle has been postponed for about 2 weeks while I take another drug called Aygestin. It is supposed to dissolve the cysts. I am trying to get a flight home either today or tomorrow. Needless to say I am bit disappointed but I do know everything happens for a reason. Hopefully, with a drs note my airline ticket can be changed penalty free. That is what I am waiting for right now.

Bump- Thank you for lovely post and i wish you all the very best for your next cycle. This cycle also feels very final as it will be our last whichever way it goes unless we win some money one day which is quite unlikely. I pray we both only need these cycles and that we get our joy x

Pcct- Hi hun :) hows bump doing?? ah so you used a hot water bottle? i never have done with previous cycles but think il give it a go tonight! how long did you keep it on your tummy for? x

ttcbaby- Ah i am sorry to hear that! nothing worth having is ever easy is it! good luck x

Hi to all the gang x

AFM- Feeling a LOT more positive today :) been looking through my old notes from last cycle and seen that it panned out very similar to this one! day 5 scan was not great, 2 days later we had some decent size follicles so praying tomorrows result brings the same. Been drinking tons of milk, eating brazil nuts, chicken, eggs and protein bars so giving them a fighting chance! xxx

Hey AQ yeah everything's going good scan this Friday eeek :)
Yeah used hot water at bed time and just fell alseep with it I used that for 2 nights , I all so drank lots of milk and ate lots of protein ! I have everything crossed for u for your next scan :)

Hey Ladies!! Been MIA for a while so I just got caught up on all of you...

AQ-- Fx'd for you. Don't give up hope yet, it only takes one ( I only needed one! ) so stay strong. Plus you're still early in your cycle--I think I only had 4 at the point where you are! I ate at least two hard-boiled egg on a spinach salad with a glass of milk all during my stimming and had great quality. I always heard " eat eggs to get eggs' although who knows if that is true. I ended up with 7 retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fert , 1 transferred, 3 frozen...

Dandan-Hi! Welcome! You'll find this is a lovely place to get support, rant, vent, celebrate, and ask questions.

TTC- Been thinking of you daily!! Sorry you got postponed a bit here, but just remember it's all steps along the way to your BFP!

AFM-Today I had a 7 week/ 1 day sonogram. We saw a mini heartbeat and the doc said the baby measured perfect and the heartbeat was right on track. Next week, at 8 weeks one day we will be able to hear the heartbeat.

I still can't believe it most days and sometimes get worried I am going to jinx it by talking about it or something, even though I know that is silly. I've been preparing my body for this for YEARS so I have to believe that all the meds, appts, vitamins, etc have me on a good, healthy path to help make this pregnancy make it "through!" Please keep praying for me and I will keep praying for you all!!

And for those of you struggling right now, wondering if this will ever happen for you---BELIEVE IT WILL. After almost 2 years of struggling, medication, one doctor telling me I was "fine" and not to worry about it ( UGH!!! ), switching doctors, 4 failed IUI's, surgery, being diagnosed with endo, waiting, crying, praying, and one IVF cycle--I got my BFP. If it can happen to me, it will happen to you. Right before it happened I was in the darkest place of my life and my marriage.....and just when I thought things would never work out---the sun came out and my life changed forever. Believe in it!!!

Pcct- Thanks hun. Il get the hot water bottle on the go tonight! yaaay for your scan on Friday! can't wait to hear how you get on x

Sunshine- Thank you for such a positive post! very encouraging words. So glad your scan went well x

Thanks aq when is ur next scan again?

Ladies...I don't know how many stories of BFP's I've read in these last two years of trying, hoping one day I'd get to write my own. TODAY I GET TO WRITE MY OWN!!!:dance::dance: I went to get my beta done this morning, nurse called me 3 hours later asking if I had cheated? I told her I hadn't tested at all, that I wanted them to be the bearer of good news or bad news. She said she was honored to tell me I'M PREGNANT!! My level is 122, which she said is great. I haven't stopped crying tears of joy since then!! I drove to tell my husband and his job site...I handed him a card I bought, that said "congratulations, daddy to be" Then I drove home and took at hpt just to finally see a :bfp: cause I haven't seen one, finally I got my :bfp:.

Like Sunshine said in an earlier post...please keep being positive and thinking it will happen. It's so easy to be a pessimist, it's hard to be an optimist when it hasn't happened yet. BUT please believe it will happen. I have a long road and I know many things can happen...but I'm just over the moon happy right now, God is so great and we are so blessed.:wohoo: Now I just need to figure out what next step is...I go in Thursday for another beta, but I wonder how soon I should get an appointment to obgyn?

Thanks ladies for being so welcoming! :) I'd like to hear how your first cycles of Ivf went, especially those out there with low AMH like me. It's a little daunting when the doctors are talking to you, and so far I haven't had anyone that has gone though it to talk to.

Hope all goes well for everyone :)

Yay just1 congratulations Hun amazing news have a h&h 9 months :)

Hey dandan- as far as I know about the amh level it's just to give the clinic an idea of what type of drugs to give u and how much ect same with people with a high amh they r put on a very low amount I I get me

Just1!!WOOHOOO!! Congrats!!! When I got my BFP last month I also drove to my husband's work and handed him a card that just said YES. Love it!!!

Just1 and Sunshine...CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Such happy news today!

TTC, I was in a similar situation when I went for my baseline. I had ovulated on BCPs and Lupron. The cyst they saw was basically the egg coming through. UGGGG! I cried the whole way home that day. I was postponed a couple of weeks to see and at my next baseline I was good to go. Hang in there!

ttc so sorry to hear you've got a cyst :hugs: :hugs: I hope that these two weeks go quickly for you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->