IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

Congrats pcct - I am currently in 2ww after a FET and am trying to hold out as I am so nervous about seeing a BFN!! Testing on Saturday!! Xx

Ever- Glad I stopped by to see that you are in your 2WW! Congrats on being PUPO! :baby: And wishing you lots of luck for your BFP!

Ladies...I don't know how many stories of BFP's I've read in these last two years of trying, hoping one day I'd get to write my own. TODAY I GET TO WRITE MY OWN!!!:dance::dance: I went to get my beta done this morning, nurse called me 3 hours later asking if I had cheated? I told her I hadn't tested at all, that I wanted them to be the bearer of good news or bad news. She said she was honored to tell me I'M PREGNANT!! My level is 122, which she said is great. I haven't stopped crying tears of joy since then!! I drove to tell my husband and his job site...I handed him a card I bought, that said "congratulations, daddy to be" Then I drove home and took at hpt just to finally see a :bfp: cause I haven't seen one, finally I got my :bfp:.

Like Sunshine said in an earlier post...please keep being positive and thinking it will happen. It's so easy to be a pessimist, it's hard to be an optimist when it hasn't happened yet. BUT please believe it will happen. I have a long road and I know many things can happen...but I'm just over the moon happy right now, God is so great and we are so blessed.:wohoo: Now I just need to figure out what next step is...I go in Thursday for another beta, but I wonder how soon I should get an appointment to obgyn?

Amazing!! :dance: :happydance: :yipee: Love reading your BFP story! Congrats!

We had our WTF meeting last week and it was pretty much as we expected. The cycle went well from their point of view so it just seems like mother nature let us down in the end :sad1:

We discussed the mix up with the SSR procedure which was their error and although it didn't necessarily affect our end result, it did mean that they didn't obtain enough sperm for freezing as well, which means we have to go through and fund that procedure all over again for our next try. However, they are looking into this and have suggested that they might be able to reduce the cost of this due to their error...yay! Every little helps hey!

We're hoping to have enough cash to start another fresh cycle in June (didn't have any frosties so we've got to start from scratch). Our screening tests run out at the end of the year so we're hoping for one more fresh try before they do, and possibly a FET in Autumn if need be/or if we actually get any! After that I think it may need to be the end of the road for a good while because of the cost so I guess a lot more will be riding on this cycle [-o<

Not sure how I feel about doing another cycle at the moment as I'm feeling excited about giving it another go, but also dreading the emotional and physical stress of it all, and the possibility of having to deal with another failure. I'm not sure I can go at it with the same positive attitude as before but that might be a good thing as it might protect me from the crush of the BFN last time. I've been trying to process our BFN by trying to get on with life, almost like it didn't happen, however, the WTF meeting has brought it all up again and made me face it which I think is probably a good thing, espeically if we want to try again.

Sorry for the negative rant. Now that IVF is back in our life and on the cards again, and since we're keeping it quiet from friends and family again, I just needed to vent to people who understand how hard it is :flower:

Thanks ladies x

Bump,
I completely understand how you are feeling about your attitude. I also felt so positive going into my IVF and FET and was crushed...still am. :cry: I think you have to find that fine balance between positivity and reality. We are also keeping it from most of our family and friends...it does make it hard. If our next FET doesn't work, we are considering embryo adoption in Autumn.
Stay strong! :hugs:

Well i went for my day 5 scan today and have to say, the results arent great i have 5 follicles on the right with only one being 11.5 and the other 4 all well under 10. I also have a small cyst on there. On left side i only have 2 follicles. One is 10.5 and the other a lot smaller. The nurse said she wants to re-scan me on wed and go from there. Not to start cetrotide yet as the follicles are a lot smaller than they need to be to start that. Feeling very fed up. Still hopeful as all it takes is one egg, but very fed up. Just wanted a good result today as i am mentally worn out. I have decided if this cycle doesnt work, its end of the road for me in trying to have a biological child. I can't do this again. I am a shadow of myself. Its taken over my life. Anyway my fingers are crossed and many prayers will be said. xxx

AQ- First big big :hugs:. I am hoping and praying your scan goes well on wednesday. I can understand about being a shadow of a person. We all come to a point where we realize that we aren't fully living our life, but waiting around for our precious miracle. I have come to my breaking point pretty early in this journey, but I know tht everyone is different and mine is now. We are moving forward with embryo adoption if the next FET doesn't work. I am sending all the positive vibes to you for this wednesday. Stay strong and positive (as you can be)...you are so strong and positive for everyone..hope we can all be the same for you!

Hi all,
Just stopping by to say hello! Hope you are all doing well on your journeys. I have been keeping myself busy with work, school...and actually enjoying life. I have a had a few breakdowns here and there, but feel better now that I am not actively TTC. This break is nice. One more round of FET and then we move on. We can not afford another fresh cycle and we can't afford adoption. So we are thinking about Embryo adoption. Financially it is reasonable. Hope you are well and Congrats to all the :bfp: I missed and :hugs: to all the BFNs like myself.

Pcct: thanks Hun :)

Ever: yea good idea.. Think I might test on Sunday! FXed for u!

Mamali: thanks for sharing :)

Cali: nice to hear from you and hope the break has given you your much needed rest :hugs:

Hi flower!! Just looking at your siggy. Sorry about no frosties. Wishing you lots of luck with your 2 embies and hoping they are snuggling in there!!!

LPEAR- So glad your scan went well and cannot believe your in 2nd tri already! this year is running away with itself! lol x

Good luck to all our 2ww ladies. It is such a bloody hard time but that hopeful feeling we have is priceless so try and enjoy the 'i could be pregnant' feeling for now and lets hope that you all get your BFPS :) x

Cali- Thank you for lovely message. I am glad your moving forward with your plans and that you have a plan b. Lots of luck to you! x

Sanu- I don't know if you still read this but hope your ok. Il message you on FB soon x

Well ladies i will be setting off for the clinic in 1.5hr time so not long now! have my fingers and toes crossed for a better outlook today! thanks for all support so far. It helps me so much to go through this journey with my girls <3 xxx

AQ: all the best!

Cali: thanks for the love, yea hoping embies are comfortable :hugs:

AQ - fxed the scan has some nice juicy follies in there!

Mells - well I was never on Lupron, only BCPs which I finished so hopefully the meds she did give me work!

Well had my day 7 scan and not great but a bit better than my day 5 one. I now have 9 follicles. On right side i have 6 follicles with largest being 10.5mm(the one they measured at 11.5 on monday is a cyst) the other 5 are all just under 10mm. On my left side i have 3 follicles with 2 just under 10mm and one at 14.5mm. So i am responding very slowly but things have improves since monday. I did my 1st cetrotide injection when i got home and will continue them each morning from tomorrow. I have a re-scan on Fri so really hoping for a few more decent sized follicles. I think i will end up stimming for a few extra days at this rate though xxx

Sad news today that one of the men who made the worlds first IVF baby possible has passed away today. He was elderly and died after a long illness. God rest his soul and thank you Sir Robert Edwards for your wonderful legacy xxxxxx
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-22091873

AQ - That sounds pretty positive to me. I can't remember how big they like the follicles to be at day 7 but you seem to have a good number of them growing. Stimming a few extra days will be a good thing as it gives them a bit more time to boost themselves up! And it really sounds like they are all growing at a similar rate which is a good sign!

Hope you're feeling a bit better about today's scan. Hang on in there girlie! I've got everything crossed for you. Hopefully they'll be even bigger again come Friday! :flower:

Sad news about Sir Robert Edwards :-(

AQ that is fab news Hunni slowly but surly great they have gave u few more extra days get that hot water bottle on go again and watch theses bad boys get bigger am so excited for u Hun things do seam more positive - I think at my first scan I had only 1 decent size rest under 10mm

AQ that's good news, you have a good number, and it's day seven. I think you ar on the right track, I stimmed for 13 days. It seems the water bottle worked. Wish you all the best.

Hello ladies. It has been a while since I have posted anything. After my bfn I needed time away from all the IF business. (Had a long pity party). I have however tried to sneak in and check up on how you all have been and am so pleasantly surprised with all the bfp's it gives so much hope and relived my own disappointment with the the damn bfn's I see.

AQ- I was so excited to see you had started again and I think your scan seems pretty great! I just know your baby is in there and you have to know you deserve it!

Pcct-Congratulations you lucky gal!

BabyD-I didn't see a recent post from you but thinking of you and hope all is well!

EOE- Sincere congrats to all the bfp's and for the rest of us I truly believe it's a numbers game and if we have the will and the means to not give up we'll all get what we want!

Hey peachy thanks amd nice to see u back :hugs :

AQ - that's a great number and like everyone else said its great they are all developing ate the same time. A little while longer with Stimming and I think you will have a great amount at ER!
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->