IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

Just popping in to say hi and wish everyone well. I don't post much anymore as need a good break away from baby related things as its taken over my life for the past 3.5yrs so me an dh are having a break from it all. Hope everyone is doing well x

Started my new job in retail last week and im loving it. Very busy and active so takes my mind off things. We will be having our 4th cycle of IVF next Autumn so praying its 4th time lucky but in the meantime me an dh are making the best of life. I am off the isle of man next weekend with my dad then Spain for a partying hol with dh in Oct an then Nigeria for a friends wedding in Jan so lots of stuff planned xxx

Hey aq lovely to hear from you :) glad u r doing well and settled Into your job!! :) your future plans sound amazing!!!!

Peachy- Thanks for writing. The lab is closed this month and now I have to wait until end of next month and I think that cuts it close to the trip... wondering if I should cancel the trip or just wait until Sept. I will actually lose weight in Europe... I think its all the GMOS in America. Choices!

How are you feeling?

Dan--- Good luck with beta day.:flower:

African Queen- Congrats on the new job. So exciting about your trip to Spain... are you doing your IVF before or after Spain? I'm trying to make a choice of whether I should do it now or later. Sounds like you have a lot to look forward to.

Dan- Hopefully it's just a late implanter or there just isn't enough hcg in your urine yet. Hpt's are evil! Beta day is almost here and I am praying for you :hugs:

Samsfan- It really is a personal choice and it's tough. If you force it and it doesn't work you may blame yourself and if you wait you may do the same (I would gain weight if I went to Europe : ) . Talk to your doc and see if doing either would a difference and make sure chances would be the same so there is no blame game. That being said if it were me and I had an awesome trip to look forward to I would do it before so I still had something to look forward to and a way to relax after. However having so much on your plate at once may prove to be to stressful and that isn't good either! I am probably no help lol but I do wish you the best and hope you get it all figured out :hugs:

sorry I've been a bit MIA ladies... I have horrible morning (all day) sickness... I dont' even know how im working still... this is just the worst! Sono tomorrow to see the heartbeat hopefully.... hope all is well!

AQ- so excited for your adventures and that you'll get started again in the fall.. xoxo

Hi ladies,

Just to update we got 7 eggs from collection this morning. Not sure how to feel about that number as its one less than last time despite the extra drugs. But clinic seem pleased and emphasised the quality not quantity manta.

DH aspiration went really well. Apparently they got "lots"and some really good ones this time which is definitely more positive language than last time.

Just got to await that fertilisation report call in the morning now. The emotional rollercoaster begins.....

Thanks girls. It is actually Autumn 2014 when we will be trying again so well over a year away as we need to save for the cycle and it will take around 10mths of hard saving for us. xxx

Are u guna use donor for next round AQ?

Bump that is a fab number of eggs. Gd on ur fert report :)

Hi ladies..just wanted to pop in and let you all know that my lining looked good and my donor is on track for ER next week. I'll be PUPO before I know it!!!!

Fantastic news mells!!! can't wait to see u get your long awaited bfp!!! Rooting for all u girls on the thread :happydance:

Out of 7 eggs, only 4 fertilised as it appears that the other 3 didn't mature well enough so therefore didn't fertilise overnight.

Provisionally booked in for a 3 day transfer on Thurs but so anxious about how well the 4 will develop. Was really hoping for enough to freeze this time but it feels like the numbers are dropping already.

On a positive note we've got sperm to freeze so DH won't have to go through aspiration a third time if this fails.

Sorry for sounding negative ladies, but I'm sure you all know how the numbers game messes with our minds

Bump, just remember it only takes one good one to get your BFP! Hang in there and don't let the numbers get you down too much.

Bumpsparkle- I don't blame you for feeling negative because I always do :winkwink: however so far I think things sound pretty darn normal with your fert rates and as much as we don't want to hear it it really is quality over quantity and I bet hubby could do a backflip over not having to go back! I wish you the very best!

Dan- I hope your test goes perfectly today FX'd!!

Mells- YAY! It does come up so fast and I'm glad you're excited!

Babyd- Good luck on your scan today!

AQ- with how busy you are time will go by quickly. Congratulations on your new job I'm glad you like it!

Hi ladies, so went to the clinic today and the hpt test they did was negative, and I've had brown discharge this morning (sorry for tmi) I'm waiting to hear back from them about my beta but they weren't hopeful and neither am I as AF arrived about an hour ago :( onto September I guess

Bumpsparkle- Please try not to stress it. I had the same thing and I was so worried nothing would work. Out of my 12 eggs retrieved, 8 were mature, 5 fertilized (ICSI for all), and 3 survived to day 3. I had 1 put in on a day 3 transfer and got pregnant on my last cycle. It ended in a miscarriage, however the other two that were left that they thought were mediocre, made it to day 6 blasts and were frozen. I am now pregnant with number two and I still have one more on ice... Quality over quantity. Can't stress it enough. Be excited, and hopeful!!! xoxo

Mells- Excited for you to be in your tww soon!!!!

Hi ladies,

Just to update we got 7 eggs from collection this morning. Not sure how to feel about that number as its one less than last time despite the extra drugs. But clinic seem pleased and emphasised the quality not quantity manta.

DH aspiration went really well. Apparently they got "lots"and some really good ones this time which is definitely more positive language than last time.

Just got to await that fertilisation report call in the morning now. The emotional rollercoaster begins.....

Bump- 7 is a great number, I had 7 when I had my ER and I got a BFP. Fx'd!

Thanks for your support ladies, will try to keep a positive mental attitude as much asked possible!

Dandan - really sorry to hear your news :-(

Yeah me too, the clinic called and confirmed the negative beta.
I'll spend the next couple of months preparing for my 2nd IVF cycle

Dan- I am really sorry to hear that. But I am really glad you have a plan and get to start again soon. My first cycle didn't work either and a lot of times they don't with no reason why . Enjoy some stress free time and look forward to the 2nd time being the charm for you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->