IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

Thank you Mells, I hope it works out this time around :) how is everything going with you?

Thank you Mells, I hope it works out this time around :) how is everything going with you?

I'm doing really well. Of course I'm tired all the time and get especially nauseous regularly, but I've wanted this for so long that I won't complain :haha:

Anyone else getting headaches in their second trimester? This just started last Friday but my gosh! Docs have reassured me it is just hormones! :hugs::hugs: It has been quiet on this thread. Hope everyone is doing well!

Hi wannabe yeah unfortunately headaches are very common at that stage but should calm down a lot soon :hugs: besides your headache hope ur doing ok ?

Hi wannabe yeah unfortunately headaches are very common at that stage but should calm down a lot soon :hugs: besides your headache hope ur doing ok ?

Hi PCCT - I am doing great otherwise! I shouldnt complain I know. I just was surprised by it! I hope you are doing well. You feeling well? Also, I was thinking maybe the headaches were from weaning off all the IVF drugs? maybe? Kinda strange not having to stick myself 3 times a day! woohooo!!!

Hey Wanna! I had headaches, too. It'll get better, I promise. Glad everything is going okay!

Hi PCCT - I am doing great otherwise! I shouldnt complain I know. I just was surprised by it! I hope you are doing well. You feeling well? Also, I was thinking maybe the headaches were from weaning off all the IVF drugs? maybe? Kinda strange not having to stick myself 3 times a day! woohooo!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah the headaches are awful :hugs: am doing ok am just waiting for an appt to come out for physo as I have spd and get measured up for a belt very painful but trying my best to get thru it :(

Dandan glad you are starting again and are excited. Hope things work out this time around!

AQ hope you are staying positive and things come together real soon. I know all about trying to do and think about other things but always having this on my mind.

I am so glad all the prego ladies are doing so great. I will be on my way as well as soon as God decides it is right for me.

Afm had my post op yesterday and pathology cam back that baby was a boy with trisomy 15. She basically said we didn't have to see a genetic counselor because it is rare and isn't really from me or hubby just some fluke that happens. We are going to try clomid for a few cycles and hopefully It will make me ovulate from the left and my short little tube will pick it up and in the meantime I can definately afford to shed a few pounds. If it doesn't work we will take out a home equity loan and go back to ivf. For now my husband says we will enjoy trying naturally again (I will too). We have gotten so much closer through this I am lucky to have my love and my best friend be my husband.Infertility can be so stressful I am glad it isn't affecting us negatively.

Peachy - I am glad to hear you are doing well and have gotten some answers. As I sit here all teary eyed (whoa hormones) after reading your post. You are so right. God will give you a miracle. It is all on his time!

I also agree with you. The bond you and your husband develop after going through IVF and like some of us a loss is something others will not experience. It is a deeper level of trust, love, and friendship. I wish you the best!! :hugs::hugs: and hey hey trying natrually will be fun! hahahaha.

Linesman - WOW your 31 weeks? HOLY COW. Time flies. How are you? Feeling ok? Have you got baby Rose's room already?

Hi PCCT - What is SPD? Something with your back?

No Hun its your pelvis but can all so affect your back too... It's when your pelvis starts to separate it happens to a lot of us but only so many will experience pain from it.. The doctor explained that the bones ect are softening up getting ready for when birth when it comes

Linesman - WOW your 31 weeks? HOLY COW. Time flies. How are you? Feeling ok? Have you got baby Rose's room already?

I know! It's crazy to think we're almost there! We've been in the hospital 3 times to stop contractions but other than that pretty good. Her room is completely done. My mom and sister had to come do most of everything since I can't do much.

So have y'all found out girl or boy yet?

Linesmanwife - She just cant wait to come into the world hahaha.

Well, glad to hear your mom and sister are able to help out! We will hopefully find out on the 27th!! I cant wait!!! I keep counting the days!

PCCT - ohhhhh. I am sorry you are in pain.

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I've been missing in action since our 2nd failed IVF. It's probably going to be a while until we can afford to try again so I've been trying to forget about it all...which like others have said, is pretty impossible!

We had our follow up consultation a few weeks ago and we went into it feeling negative and just expecting a response of, we're sorry, you've just gotta pay again, and go through the same again. However, it seems that they have been really discussing our case and they want to try a few things differently, which always make you feel like something proactive is being done, despite the lack of answers as to why it's not working!

They want to change me from 225 Gonal-F to Menopur (just to try a different drug really) but more importantly they want to put me on a higher dose (they may have said 300 but that sounds more like a Gonal-F dosage to me!?). They said that although they class me as young (29) they would have expected a few more eggs than the 7/8 they have previously collected so are risking a higher dose as I seem to have quite a few follicles growing to start with and then half of those slow down whilst others continue growing to full maturity. This should increase our odds in the number game as we seem to be left with very few embryos come day 3.

They also suggested doing a "scratch" the month before we try which can apparently double the chances of implantation. Has anyone else had this done before, does it hurt and has it helped with success?

We asked about egg sharing as this would mean we could financially start another cycle much sooner but were told that we need to maximise our odds and keep all the eggs we produce as they aren't overly happy with the numbers anyway.

So that's it in a nutshell really. We came out of the appt feeling completely geared up to try again but realistically we're financially looking at Jan 2014 at the earliest so we need to put a lid on it and try to enjoy the second half of 2013 without anymore poking, prodding and drugs!

And my biggest fear at the moment....at what point do you say enough is enough with treatment? Naively I never thought we'd be facing cycle 3 and I've started to worry about DH and myself reaching the enough's enough point at different times, esp as he already has a son, and I just dread that there may come a day where he calls a cycle a last attempt and I don't agree! We've been so together with all of this and maybe I'm just worrying about something that hasn't happened yet! x

Blimey that was a long post....can anyone tell I must have needed to get it off my chest?!

Really sorry! :) xx

Bumpsparkle - Glad you walked away from your appointment with a more positive feeling. It sounds like your clinic is very proactive. I had a scratch done with both of my cycles. My doc says he has found a huge success rate when doing them. I believe he is right! As far as pain goes it did not hurt. The only thing that was a little cringe worthy was the catheter they use to get there. However, it is done in a minute.

Jan. 2014 will be here before you know it! You have all the holidays to distract and a special down time with hubby will be stress free! Good luck :flower:

Thanks wanna, it's lovely to hear a success story about the scratch as I haven't come across many people who have had it done!

Bump- so glad you walked away feeling encouraged instead of discouraged. I don't have any answers. It was my biggest fear going into fertility that my dh and I wouldn't be on the same page. The only advice I can give is to keep communication open and it seems you are doing that already. I will be praying that y'all make the right decision that both of you can live with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->