IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

Excited to see everyone's progress!!
How long does everyone take off for ET and ER... ET i was told by my RE to take 2 days after.. but since the ER is a more extensive procedure under sedation, does anyone go to work the next day?

I was told that after ET I need to bed-rest for 48 hours. They just said for ER that I need to be off the whole day. Getting time off work is tricky for me. It's hard to find replacements for what I do, and I'm made to feel guilty when I need time off. I had a laparoscopy in August and I still hear about how hard it was to find coverage. :nope: Hope getting work off for you works out!

Pcct- Thanks for the name! I will have to find it!

Klemon- Good luck with your scan tomorrow!!

AFM- I have my scan to see if I am ready for my ER tomorrow! Good luck to everyone on their appts tomorrow...be sure to update!

And Ann too how exiting starting your treatment today :)!
Oh Cali hope ur appt goes well and u can get ec :) this thread is defo blooming off now with the jan starters! Really can't wait too see the bfp coming in

Thanks!! I'm crossing my fingers for some big juicy follies on my scan! ;)

hi girls hope you don't mind me butting in i just got my schedule today super excited collect meds 23rd this month and start nasals on 25th. so just wondering how you girls are getting on?

Yeah me too :) this I say is the most exciting part about the treatment , well that's when I think I'll be most excited lol

Cali- I have the same issue and do your best not to let them make you feel guilty as this is so much bigger than that!

Loads of luck for everyone with appts tomorrow how exciting!

Has anyone else been given the option of using either PIO or suppositories? I have the choice and am so conflicted on which way to go. I am not going to base it on cost as it seems pointless at this point and I don't want to base it on comfort either as I would do anything to make it work. I just want to do what has the best chance.

Hi wife welcome :) am hoping to be starting my nasal spray around same time as u :)

Sorry peach unsure what that is so can't really say much :( I hope u choose what one u r most comfy with :)

Thank Pcct thats good we can share our side effects lol hopefully not need to wishful thinking eh! whar spray is it you are taking and what dose have they got you on?

Haha yeah am hoping the side affects are very minimal! I will be taken bursline not sure what dose I'll be on yet until I collect them which will be in a few days :)

Good luck tomorrow to everyone that has appointments. I start meds on 9 Feb so hopefully 9 will be the lucky number for us all. :happydance:

The 9th is defo sounding like a luck number :)

i got my schedule sent out before i collect my meds do they not do that in scotland? yeah fingers crossed 9 is lucky the 9th of march is my test date if everything does to plan x

Yeah wifey I got all my schedule plan out but hasn't got the dose just says to spray in one nostril 4 times a day - ah wow 9th defo has to be a luck number then everything's happening on the 9th months for a lot of u :)

Star- Tons of luck for your EC tomorrow! hope they get lots of healthy eggies and can't wait to read your update x

LPEAR- Good luck for 1st cetrotide jab and remember to inject it very slowly and rub the injection site afterwards to prevent a lil build up under the skin x

BabyD- I took the whole time off from EC until OTD with both cycles but obviously that is not for everyone, just my circs at the time allowed it. I may take a wk off after EC on this next cycle just to relax my body down but not sure yet. With both our cycles we had a 2 day transfer as we only ever got 1 embie and the clinic believe better in than out when there is no back up plan x

Pcct- Glad you enjoyed your information meeting. I remember ours in May 2011. Felt so good for the ball to finally be rolling and made it all feel real x

Peachy- Clinics vary and our clinic only offers suppositories which i preferred to use rectally rather than vaginally as it absorbs better. I have heard the jabs sting like hell x

Cali- Good luck for tomorrow! hope you see lots of big fat follies! x

Wifey- Aww i got super excited when i got my drugs date too! all systems go! x

Tons of luck to all you ladies that have appointments tomorrow! going to be a busy day on here and i shall be rushing home from work to read all the updates! xxx

Hi Ladies its been a few weeks since I've been on! Took a bit of a break from being stressed about baby making! But I'm starting to get excited about starting our ivf cycle next week! My meds came last Saturday and woah its a lot of meds in a big box...yikes although I'm hope full
It will be worth all the pain from the needles! My HSG test got post ponned until cycle day 5 this month...doctor had to suddenly go out of town! Mean while my husband got checked as ivf procedure requires it & as they thought he is in perfect fertility shape at Around the 60-80 million range per ejaculation...so we are thankful he has no issues so its just my issues! Our doctor said such a high sperm count with all my issues is how we conceived our daughter! And on top of feeling awful about 7 months of bfn's my sister in law tells me over the weekend how she is pregnant about 8 weeks along! I'm so very happy for her and my brother in law they deserve it and we make great parents! And he just over came testicular cancer and chemo and lost a testicle so fortunately one month of trying got them a bfp! Lucky them must be nice! But she had a hard time telling me all this and cried (hormones) cuz she knows hubby and I have been struggling to make baby #2! And everyone around me is pregnant with #1-3! Ahhhh so frustrating...! Anyway hope everyones well! I will update everyone after my baseline ivf appt next week on our next steps and how everything begins! Wish me luck! And good luck to all of you....baby dust!

Hey girls, quick update from me.. Got my treatment plan, on long protocol start dr with the prostap injection on 23rd.. Can't wait now! It says on my sheet egg collection approx week Feb 18th. Woo I'm so excited!

Will try to get on here and keep up to date with everyone else's xx

Hey rel good luck with everything :) that's great news about your sister :) can be so hard when people around you are getting pregnant :hugs:

Hey mells how exiciting you got it treatment plan thru - I remember crying when I got mine lol

Hello everyone.... My story is in my signature

We have got an 8k loan thro my OH's work and I have £500 in savings

Hoping to do 2 cycles at The Newlife in Epsom in feb/ march once my hysteroscopy and hsg on the nhs :)

4/5th time lucky??? Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"