IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

Yeah couldn't agree with u more AQ - I really do enjoy chatting to all u ladies in here :hugs:
Welcome San :) good luck for ur cycle

thanx gals for such a warm welcome!

atlast i feel i can discuss things with people who can understand me! both my sisters got babies without them even knowing it, so they dont exactly get me, and both my best friends are pregos so even thou they try to be extremely good to me, its really an emotional challenge for be to be around them, dont get me wrong i m really happy for them but still......
i think i m a bit tensed and need to just sit back n relax ( easily said than done):cry:

Hey San can totally relate to what ur saying my best friend is preg too am finding it a bit hard tbh and trying to avoid her as much as I can :( I try stay positive but it can b so hard - bnb is the place as u talk to,others that can relate to what ur going thru in some ways all ur friends can really do is somewhat be excited and supportive for u!
When things r put to u on a plate don't don't really notice just how grateful u r until u actually have to fight for what u want - this whole journey for me has gave me a complete look on life :)

hey pcct! seriously u stole my words from my mouth :dohh: only people on the same boat can understand each other!
lookin forward to be supportive n supported thou this thread!
will update u soon on the condition soon! by the way i m from india!:hugs:

Hey ladies! I hope everyone is well & in a good place no matter what stage you are in your cycle or the waiting game before it begins! My wait is over as of today....AF came 2 days early...so strange a day late last month now early...hmm! So I scheduled my HSG test with my GYN for Monday at 3pm my time! And I have to call my fertility clinic in the morning to speak with a nurse to schedule my baseline appt! I start my ivf meds on Saturday...I'm starting to prepare for the tons of I hope worth it needle stabs coming up for two weeks! My question is how soon after ER is transfer done and should I lay low for a while after? Kinda hard with a toddler and work!! Thanks!

Sa - you are so right...no one knows what it feels like..ALL of my close friend have given birth in the 3 years I have been trying. I am the last one standing...it is horrible when they are all in a group and having stroller talk!

MEL - I have read anywhere from1 hour to 3 days on yoru back.....but I havent found out for sure. My IVF starts in March so I am still researching these kind of quesitons.

AFM - I just go the list of pre IVF tests I have to do and boy is it long! We are self pay and I just wonder if anyone has a ball park of how much these tests costs....here is the list...

Me:
Cystic Fibrosis
Hep B core Antibody
Hep B Antigen
Hep C Antibody
Blood Type and RH
HIV 1/2
HIV 1DNA by PCR
TSH
RPR/VDRL (Syphilis Test)
Prolactin
Rubella
Varicella

DH (Oh yes he gets tests too)
Hep B Core Anitbody
Hep B Anitgen
Hep C Antibody
HIV 1 DNA by PCR
RPR/VDRL (Syphilis test)

Welcome San. The ladies here are great, and they truly want you to succeed because they understand what you are going through. My best friend spent many years TTC and then it happened for her naturally. She wants me to be preggo is the worst way because she knows how I feel. She actually called me crying when she found out she was expecting because she felt bad for me :cry: I couldn't ask for a better friend. :kiss:
AQ, thanks for starting this thread, and keeping things updated. :hugs:

Thanks for the warmest welcome and all your words of encouragement. I'm quite anxious cos its my first time on IVF but I'm glad to have found support here. Frens who got married later than me are prego or have given birth so I'm kinda feeling lonely esp when there' s talk about the kiddos. The kids are awesome just that I wish I had my own little one to join in as well :cry:

Well enough with being emo, chins up and let's stay positive on this journey together :happydance:

:hi: all :)
Welcome all newbies :)

I got my blood forms- so finally got the rest of my bloods done (I lost the forms and they gave me more)
Anyhow 22nd jan for my injection training and then matching then hopefully start come feb :)

For now its my bday tomoz so I'm having a night on out in town tomorrow :happydance: it's been a long time :haha:

Have a lovely weekend ladies :)

I got my blood forms- so finally got the rest of my bloods done (I lost the forms and they gave me more)
Anyhow 22nd jan for my injection training and then matching then hopefully start come feb :)

For now its my bday tomoz so I'm having a night on out in town tomorrow :happydance: it's been a long time :haha:

Happy Birthday!! Feb will be here before you know it!

Happy bday Scerena! Enjoy your day!

I have a question for all you experienced ladies. Does ET hurt? or is it like an IUI? I did not feel pain on the IUI but when they did the endo biospy I felt pain from the catheter. Second question. Could this be that I did not feel pain from the catheter on the IUIs because I was ovulated (medicated ovulation) and with the endo biospy I was not?

I have a question for all you experienced ladies. Does ET hurt? or is it like an IUI? I did not feel pain on the IUI but when they did the endo biospy I felt pain from the catheter. Second question. Could this be that I did not feel pain from the catheter on the IUIs because I was ovulated (medicated ovulation) and with the endo biospy I was not?

hey from my experience ET didnt hurt it was just very similar to having a smear (not had IUI so cant compare)

hope you have a lovely bday scerena!!!

hey wannabe-
I have asked this same question before and from my understanding it's just like an iui and doesnt feel like much besides the fact that you are just bloated from the whole process... if you find out differently let me know!! best of luck to u!:hugs:

I am curious about that same question about it hurting. Also I have heard some drs use an ultrasound to guide the et and some dont. Why wouldnt you...I am sure it woudl help to be able to see!

its amazing how different clinics do things differently before coming on bnb i just thought it would be standard throughout, i know the clinic i use does use ultrasound to guide like you say surely it helps :S they actually gave us a pic of the embryos once inside :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->