IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

LPEAR- As far as i am aware the timing is exact between trigger and EC (they were very strict with when i took my triggers on our cycles) but maybe it wont make a huge difference. I would let the clinic know in the morning and they may pencil you in for a hr later or they may say its fine, so stay calm and dont panic. Either way you will be fine xxx

didnt realise they did nasal spray said:
Yeah it's called suprecur buserlin - I don't think I could bring my self to do them my self am scared of needles never mind doing them to my self :haha:
What clinic are you with? have u done ivf cycle before?

we didnt even get an option it was always imjections thank goodness hubby is willing to do them becaise no way on earth i would be able too i take my hat off to all those who do it themselves!

yeah ive had ivf back in 2010 when we got lucky and have our DD

No I didn't have a option either just taken what I get lol - am sure I have spoke to u on another thread actually I can remember u taken ur dd to one of ur appts :)

Rosie- With our 1st cycle my best friend Jane(god rest her soul) did all my jabs as she was diabetic and used of injecting herself and the mere thought of injecting myself made me feel ill, but with our 2nd cycle, Jane was in Hospital by that stage with her illness getting worse so i bit the bullet and did all the jabs myself and got so used of it i didnt flinch, so you would surprise yourself if you did your own jabs ;-) x

Pcct- With my 1st cycle it was LP and i was on jabs for DR too. Not heard of many UK clinic using the spray but i know in the states it is more common x

Yeah am guna give doing my injections my self - but I do think am getting the pen :dance:
Ah really AQ I few people didn't even know dr came in a spray - it is exactly the same stuff as the injections just taken differently :) just spray in one nostril 4 times a day waking hours - so am going to do mine 10am 2pm 6pm 10pm what do you all think?

Yes those timings sound well worked out Pcct :)
Im glad i had the jabs as only 1 per day cos my memory is bad enough! lol xxx

Haha my memory is rubbish too so every 4 hrs I will remember as I'll be doing that for about 1 month - oh forgot to ask did anyone watch saving face tonight on 4?

Just heard back from the dr and 15 out of 16 eggs were mature. 9 fertilized with icsi. Can't wait to hear back tomorrow!!

Lineman - wow that is wonderful!

cali - wow awesome numbers. Please let us know how you are feeling!

afm - It seems I will be on the sidelines watching all of you wonderful ladies get your BFP's. Me and DH have decided to wait till April for our IVF cycle. It is a mutual decision for many reasons but mostly we just both felt a bit rushed and being that we will have to travel to have IVF, it gives us more time to save $$ and organize our time away. On the up side, I am going to stalk all of you fab ladies and watch you all get your BFP's. I know it will be an inspiration for when I am going through it!

hi ttcbaby
are u palnnin to travel to do ivf? wer r u goin to? in states or some other country?
will love to hear from u n all the updates !

Wow linemans great number of eggs grow grow grow

ATM my13 r still going strong day 3 2day I've got to ring 2morro for a time to go in on sat

This tread is getting exciting

Good luck to er & et & pupo
X

lpear not sure when I will be down reggin as of yet- hopefully within the next few weeks...
Oh yes forgot you're at the same clinic as me! How are you finding it there???
The journey must be a nightmare bless you :(

Exciting stuff! I found that once it was a few weeks away the time flew by. I almost felt like I could wait a bit longer (but wouldn't want to!).

They have been brilliant, the only thing I have found annoying is twice I had to order some more drugs and you have to order by 3pm to have them delivered the next day. Both times I had to chase the hospital to fax the order to the drug company. I was getting so panicky as I needed them for the next day. The last time (Monday), the drug company finally called me at 2.58pm! I found that very stressful. But as we are paying privately we didn't want to over order on drugs so that's why we ended up ordering more twice.
I love the nurse Jane, she is brilliant!
Journey hasn't been too horrendous apart from when I get to the A33 (I think), once I'm off the motorway. I was half an hour late one day, I phoned them at 8.30 to say I'd be there in 10 minutes, and half an hour later I arrived!!

Sanu - I had headaches the first few days of stimms, even as soon as a few minutes after the injection. I was told that the window was within an hour each day.

pcct and AQ - thanks for the advice yesterday. I called the hospital this morning re the late injection and they were unable to reschedule me as they have others having EC then but she said not to worry. After a bit of googling I found that some clinics do EC 34 or 35 hours after trigger. I'm still very annoyed with myself. DH and I have been so good with all of the injections and everything, and then we mess this one up.

LinemansWife - yay for the 9 eggs!

Ttcbaby - it's good that you are not rushing into the ivf, you will have a few months breather and you can get everything prepared so you have the best chance.

babyhope - excellent news that your embies are still going strong. So that means they are going to blastocysts right?

Hi to everyone else, finding it difficult to keep up with everything!!!

AFM - I have my egg collection tomorrow at 8.30am. I am pretty worried as heavy snow is forecast for the morning. It has literally just started snowing here which wasn't forecast yet. We are going to leave very early. I just hope all the doctors and nurses and embryologists can get there ok. I asked the nurse previously what would happen in the event of snow and she said that most of the staff live either really near, or right by the coast and they don't get snow.

I have the day off today hence am able to have a bit more time to reply to posts! I am just chilling out. My belly is so bloated and I have so much pressure when I sit down and move around. Not surprising really. I am having mild IVF so basically they use less drugs and hope to produce less eggs, but good quality. My consultant told me they hope to get 8 from me. But I have 26 follicles in total and probably around 10 that will be mature enough. But we will see tomorrow. I am off to acupuncture tonight then will come home and go straight to bed for a very early start tomorrow. Just dreading opening the curtains to see a huge amount of snow.

Forgot to ask, does anyone know if you can wear contact lenses during egg collection?

sanu - I live in the Bahamas so I have to travel somewhere to do IVF. I have currently used a place in Miami for my IUI's but they are very expensive. I am looking at using them for IVF but also got refered by some ladies on BnB to a place in Syracuse New York, which is significantly cheaper. My problem is that their statistics are lower than the place in Miami. So right now I am trying to make a decision.

Hey everyone glad everything is going well for u all :)

Afm - I woke this morning feeling really crampy and thought the witch is hanging around but then part of me thought na it's all in my head - anyway gets to work I started feeling really crampy again and she is finally here :wohoo: so I start dr tomorrow morning! Am soooo excited :)

Wow ttc I would love to stay in the Bahamas :shock:

Excellent pcct, let's get this show on the road!

PCCT - awesome you get to start your cycle....yeah it is a beautiful place but the lack of healthcare if always a problem. There are no fertility clinics here so I have to travel to get treatment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->