IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

hi gals. went in for the scan , its all gud. the biggest one is 18.6 mm n the smallest is 15.8.... my clinic gives the triggers 36 hrs prior! so tomo around 7.30 pm i will hve my trigger if tomo 's scan is alrite! fingers crossed! cant really belive m closing on the big day!
one question my FS told me to take bed rest till ER n after ET for 15 days! is it the same for all of u ? or is it just for me? m scared!:wacko:

Hi everyone, it has been a few days.....

I made the scientist update me yesterday on how our embies were going on day 3 after the news that only 4 of 10 fertilised. The news was good with 3 x grade 1 embies and one that was lagging. I was happy with that.

Well, I had my transfer today :thumbup: It was day 4, so they transferred a good looking, well compacted Morula. They were going to keep an eye on the other 3 for possibility of freezing.... fingers crossed. It's weird to think I'm PUPO! I just hope he/she sticks around.

Kay - Finger's crossed for you to hang on to yours too!

Hi to all of the new members :hugs:

Star - A huge congratulations on the BFP, that's awesome news, and hopefully a sign of things to come for the rest of us.

Klemon - so sorry to hear about the E coli. There are still 3 left and I'm sure they are the strongest of the strong.

San - How exciting that your ER is not far away!! I hope you get a good number of good quality eggs :flower:

Baby - I hope you feel better soon....

AQ - Good on you girl! I so wish I could tell my boss where to go :devil:

Momma (aka cycle buddy) - Now our wait begins... Congrats on being PUPO with twins.Our is only a singleton, which is pretty much the norm in Oz. I have my test on the same day as you, although I won't find out until the next day :dohh:

Liko - yay!! All you need is one!! Let the waiting game begin. Ever since yesterday though I have been in a great mood :) Just knowing we have made it this far!

San - Wow that is a lot of down time. My doc said to take it easy but I could return to normal day activities. Yesterday was my transfer and I took the day off work and just watched movies and read my book. However, I have to go back to work on Monday. They want you to be as stress free as possible. If you can do it that is great! :thumbup:

Hi Worrie- :wave: Welcome to the thread! Sounds like things went well. Crossing fingers for your BFP!

Liko- Glad the transfer went good and hoping your others making to freeze! Congrats on being PUPO!

Lhyt- I'm CD 25. Stimmed with Follistim 375. Trigged with Pregnyl on Jan 13 eve. I had ER on the 15th. Got severe OHSS. Cycle cancelled. 6 waiting for us in the freezer. FET in Feb/March.

Peachy- at my baseline they just drew bloods, and i had a sono to see that there were no cysts and that my lining looked good. they called me yesterday afternoon to tell me to start stimming tonight. I was told to give 1 vile menopur with 1 cc water- the whole mixing thing confuses me but I'm sure i'll get the hang of it after doing it a few times. Also, they said to start 1 thing of gonal f, (12.5cc). They said to do this tonight and tomorrow night and Sunday morning i go in for more bloods and sono and further instructions. Also my DH has to start Doxycyline Sunday twice a day for 10 days.

Anxious to finally be here...

So sorry to all for not being more on top of congratulating and catching up.. being sick/going to work sucks...

i'll update when I can after I start my stims. They said between 7pm -10pm to do it...

wannabe: i knw ! even i tot it was too much time down! but he says that do help! i dont knw wh he expect any complication with my case, but m sort of worried wen he told to take bed rest! lets c wat happens!:hugs:

Sanu, it normal for the doc to ask you to have bed rest. I live in Asia and here the doc will give 2 weeks of medical leave to rest at home after ET.. So don't worry don't think there's anything to be concerned esp if ur doc says things are good.. Great results on the follies :happydance:

Hia everyone, really need some help and advice.

Its rather a long story! So the bug they found, its not e coli but they are culturing it. it was in 2 dishes, the three that survived were in a different dish. of those 3 we have 2 left now as one stopped dividing.
They have said DH sperm swab is ok but want to do a repeat anyway. their lab swabs have come back negative so far. my vaginal swab is still pending. so they just said to me "we think its come from you or dh". now i had swabs a few months ago which were neg before my lap and have no symptoms of anything.

et is meant to be tomorrow. A Consultant just called to say they advise not transferring as they do not know where the infection is coming from. When i pushed her and said what if my swabs and dh come back neg, she just brushed me off.

sooo, do i have them put back tomorrow anyway if they survive ( currently 2 embies one graded 4/4 and other 3/4), or do i go to blasto stage on monday when all swab cultures will be back? they seemed reluctant to do this.... i am very confused!!

all help would be very gratefully received!!!
sorry ive not caught up with everyone else but i will!! congrats to the new pupo ladies and happy 2ww!

Hia everyone, really need some help and advice.

Its rather a long story! So the bug they found, its not e coli but they are culturing it. it was in 2 dishes, the three that survived were in a different dish. of those 3 we have 2 left now as one stopped dividing.
They have said DH sperm swab is ok but want to do a repeat anyway. their lab swabs have come back negative so far. my vaginal swab is still pending. so they just said to me "we think its come from you or dh". now i had swabs a few months ago which were neg before my lap and have no symptoms of anything.

et is meant to be tomorrow. A Consultant just called to say they advise not transferring as they do not know where the infection is coming from. When i pushed her and said what if my swabs and dh come back neg, she just brushed me off.

sooo, do i have them put back tomorrow anyway if they survive ( currently 2 embies one graded 4/4 and other 3/4), or do i go to blasto stage on monday when all swab cultures will be back? they seemed reluctant to do this.... i am very confused!!

all help would be very gratefully received!!!
sorry ive not caught up with everyone else but i will!! congrats to the new pupo ladies and happy 2ww!

Did they put you on an antibiotic before the retrieval? Are you asking them what they think it could be? I'm a bit confused..do you even feel sick?. Id hold off on the transfer if some sort of bug would interfere...

Klemon- Do you think there is a possibility it is negligence on their part? Perhaps call another clinic to get a different perspective?

Babyd- I am starting the same for Menopur tomorrow in the mornings with the Lupron. She said that one stings so that doesn't make me happy. At night I will be doing the Follistim which is a dial up pen so thank God one will be easy I am sick of dealing with air bubbles. She said average stimming is 10 days so I will keep telling myself that with each day gone. Both my husband and I have to start the Doxycycline on Feb 2nd so I am trying to eat a cup of yogurt a day to prevent a possible yeast infection. I've never had a problem with them and now would be a horrible time to start. My clinic has a website that you can go to called twincitiesbabies.com that has videos of how to give and prepare each medication. It's very helpful if you ever need it.

Klemon- Do you think there is a possibility it is negligence on their part? Perhaps call another clinic to get a different perspective?

Babyd- I am starting the same for Menopur tomorrow in the mornings with the Lupron. She said that one stings so that doesn't make me happy. At night I will be doing the Follistim which is a dial up pen so thank God one will be easy I am sick of dealing with air bubbles. She said average stimming is 10 days so I will keep telling myself that with each day gone. Both my husband and I have to start the Doxycycline on Feb 2nd so I am trying to eat a cup of yogurt a day to prevent a possible yeast infection. I've never had a problem with them and now would be a horrible time to start. My clinic has a website that you can go to called twincitiesbabies.com that has videos of how to give and prepare each medication. It's very helpful if you ever need it.

Thanks so much! I'll def check it out tonight! Air bubbles come out once u hit the vile and squirt extra air out, right? I have to eat yogurt too.. I ALWAYS get a yeast infection every time I take meds.. does that effect the retrieval or transfer? Which one stings? I will definitely let you know how they go tonight.. I'm nervous and anxious... don't know yet if I will do them or if I will have my DH do it....

BabyD- She said the Menopur stings and it's normal so not to worry (I didn't find that comforting) however I've been doing the Lupron injections for over a week now and I never really even feel those. I just always seem to get air bubbles when I suck out the meds so I have to sit and try again and hit the syringe. I know I worry needlessly. She said there are rarely side effects because they're hormones your body produces naturally. I do acupuncture once a week also so I am living a life of needles lol. I really hope all goes well for you. Just think it's like the beginning of the end to another beginning. Lol I may have confused myself I do have the devil of a headache thanks to :witch:

Klemon - I am so sorry you are having to go through this. My clinic said that if an embryo doesn't make it to blastocyst in the Petri dish then it's unlikely to do that in the body. So I would leave them to see if they go to blasts and then hopefully you will have the results back.

Hey everyone, will update properly later. X

Lyghtning- I am waiting to start IVF x3 with ICSI this time, end of March :) Need IVF due to losing both tubes with ectopic pregnancies and also its come to light i have a low egg reserve as my AMH is 2.5. If you check out the 1st page of this thread, there is a list of us all and each time someone has a transfer i update with OTD (official test date) so we can know pretty much where we are up to :) x

Worried- Welcome and lots of luck! what date is OTD, and i can add you to 1st page if you want? :) x

LiKo- Congrats on being pupo! when is OTD, and il update pur 1st page? x

Sanu- Wow that is weird recommending 15 days in bed!?! where do you live? good luck for tomorrow's scan and with trigger tomorrow x

Klemoncake- Wow i have never heard anything like it! obviously if your an dh's results return neg, the bug must of been in the dish before the embies and i would be sueing the clinic if that's the case! With 2 embies i would have day 3 transfer. Sometimes better in than out and if you wait to get to blast, you run a risk of losing one, or both. Best of luck x

Peachy- Menopur really is not that bad at all and never stung me at all with either cycle so don't worry. The meds that did sting a little was the Cetrotide on my 2nd cycle as i was doing a short protocol antagonist cycle, which il be doing again on the next one x

Hi to BabyD, LPEAR, Rosie, pcct, Cali and all the gang x

Peachy- not trying to scare you but menopur really burned me. My nurse told me people's bodies react differently to it but it hurt me. I learned though just to do it fast and get it over with. Hope it's easy for you!

hey africaqueen my testing date is 30th... u can add me to d 1st page:)

Klemon: sounds like its from their side as they r just brushing u off wen u question them! Plus u both tested neg. I would wait for the results to come to do the transfer as that will be the safer side! What ever it is u n huby have a gud talk n then decide alrite!:flower:

Peachy: the injections are ok don’t worry abt them! U will get used to it! I had headache initially but then I was fine with all the pricks. If the air bubble is irritatin u , u can simply just give slight hit on the syringe with ur finger. Tat will bring the air bubbles to the top n then u can change the injector slightly so that the air escapes through the needle.. it always helped me just try it k:thumbup:

AQ: I stay in india! N here the doc normally recommends bed rest it seems. I cleared it with some of the other patients and all of us are told to take rest! Anyways I m not working now so its alrite with me. I tot he was asking only me to take rest so I panicked! He told to pamper myself! :hugs:

hi to all others!:hugs::kiss:

Worried- Il add you to 1st page now :) Good luck! x

Sanu- Ah well that's good that you get to rest and be pampered for 2wks ;-) good luck x

Hi to all the gang xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->