IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

Thank you for all the kind welcomes. Really appreciate it and just knowing that other people will probably have felt or are feeling the same as me. Been reading through all my paperwork tonight and packed my injection kit and buserelin to take to the hospital tomorrow for our injection lesson. Still really nervous!Im trying to relax myself but i cant stop thinking about it and that we are actually starting. Exciting in a way but im just so scared of needles, i thought we'd get a pen not a full on syringe.
I also dont understand why you continue to take the down reg whilst taking the menopaur after a few weeks on the down reg. confused.com
Also, side effects , im paranoid about gaining loads of weight. My intentions to lose some before we started hasnt helped. originally we were supposed to start end of nov and i had lost 7lbs then it got put back until now and with xmas ive gained it back!!! oops. Trying to not worry about it but cant help it. Then i worry about headaches and mood swings. i can be quite tetchy at time of the month but dont want to be worst than that.
im prob going on a bit now and having not even started its silly for me to worry but i am.

:( please make me more excited than scared x x

Hey JP - everyone reacts differently to the medication but I found it pretty easy. I did not gain any weight or have headaches. My husband said I was a little moody but it was only directed at him! Oops. If you have any side effects though this is the place to be! Like I said everyone reacts differently so we can relate! Don't be scared be excited this is one step closer to your dream! The stimming days fly by because you are excited to see the next ultrasound, excited to see how many follies are growing. You will be fine and it is ok if you gain weight the outcome we are all looking for is to get fat this year with babies!!:hugs:

hiya JP i remember feeling exactly the same on my assisted cycle a couple of years back, i do think sometimes the more you look into a read about the side effects it makes you look for them more (it does with me anyway) make sure you keep yourself hydrated this helps with the headaches but to be honest i never suffered with them i know obv everyone reacts different though, the injections themselves are really not that bad the needles a teeny tiny!

dont worry bout weight i was meant to lose half a stone prior too which i did too but then put it all back on over xmas oooops :/ you might have a few mood swings just make hubby aware and the thing is to chat to him if not hubby you always have us here to talk/vent to!

the reason you still take a smaller dose buserelin while taking the menopur is to stop you spontaneousley ovulating hun xxx

Hi Everyone!

BabyD, sorry to hear about the headaches. I hope they subside before to long, but right noe it's just an a drop in the bucket and hopefully soon you will be pg.

JP, welcome. It can be daunting when you read every detail and look at the big picture over such a long period of time. My clinic actually gives me a calendar and I focus on the things that I need to do that day. Then before bed I cross it off and review the next day. It made a huge difference for me to take it day to day.

AQ, good luck with the job search.you deserve a job that you don't hate going to each day!

1st cycle..
The egg collection was Thursday, 3 day transfer 2 little 7cell embryos transferred in today (27 Jan 2013) ICSI with assisted hatching on both. Now the 2WW .. Can do preg test on 9th Feb ..
Infertility due to my egg shell being too thick and DH mobility issues. I'm nearly 40, DH is 43.
Good luck all!! Xx. :hugs:

Good luck Snsnsn! I'm inthe 2ww also!

Speaking of the 2ww....this is the hardest part. Mells, I was like you. I took everything one day at a time. But this is torture. I want to stay hopeful but at the same time, I don't want to get my hopes too high in case it doesn't work. I want to be prepared for it. We test Wednesday and the days are dragging by. I'm looking forward to it because I obviously want to know. But...I kinda don't want to find out because right now I still have hope. And all that can change with one phone call. So as you can see, I'm freaking out! I don't feel anything...like NO symptoms. Major kudos to those that have done this more than once!!! It sure takes a strong woman!

Lineman- I really hope you get your bfp. I have scoured the internet like I'm sure you have and while I totally understand the cautious optimism a common theme seemed to be that women who tested positive had no symptoms or only the ones from the meds.

Snsn- Very exciting for you! Can't wait to hear everyones bfp's!

BabyD- This is my 4th day of serious headaches. It's hard to function and so very frustrating. It started before the stims and my Lupron dose wasn't lowered but I'm hoping after what you said it's better tonorrow as that will be my 3rd day of stims. Hard to have a good attitude with this and the hot flashes.

Keeping my fingers crossed for all the ladies that are PUPO :dust:

Lineman - I am so with you on kind of not wanting to know! I like being pupo! I'm symptom spotting like mad! OTD Friday for me.

Mells- Thank you. I hope i find something i enjoy too :) how are you doing? x

Snsnsn- Hi and welcome :) hope the 2ww goes well for you and results in a BFP! Il add you to our 1st page with your OTD x

Line- The 2ww following IVF is the worst ever cos for the 1st time you are very aware a actual live embryo was put inside you and its very hard to wait to see if its still there by OTD. This will be my 3rd cycle and i dont think it gets any easier, you just learn to put a better defence barrier up. Good luck x

LPEAR- Everything crossed for Friday! this is going to be a wk full of BFPS and good news! i can feel it ;-) x

Hi to all the gang xxx

Hi Everyone,

Been watching on the boards for a few months and finally it's our turn to start an ICSI cycle! Been ttc for 2 years now; thankfully no issues with me so far but DH had a failed vasectomy reversal, however, the consultant's confident it's just a matter of getting sperm to eggs so fingers crossed!

Had baseline scan today and start with Gonal-F injections tomorrow...feel excited but also apprehensive! So pleased to finally be starting as it's been months of waiting for appointments and getting all the tests completed.

Just wondering if anyone here knows:
Roughly how many injections have people had before trigger day?
Also, do the drugs encourage more follicles to grow? Had a scan at the start of my last cycle and had more follicles then than they have found this morning which is a bummer since this is the cycle that counts :-( Will these increase in number with the drugs or is it just the size that the drugs affect?

BABY DUST to everyone over the coming weeks and months :)

Lineman- I really hope you get your bfp. I have scoured the internet like I'm sure you have and while I totally understand the cautious optimism a common theme seemed to be that women who tested positive had no symptoms or only the ones from the meds.

Snsn- Very exciting for you! Can't wait to hear everyones bfp's!

BabyD- This is my 4th day of serious headaches. It's hard to function and so very frustrating. It started before the stims and my Lupron dose wasn't lowered but I'm hoping after what you said it's better tonorrow as that will be my 3rd day of stims. Hard to have a good attitude with this and the hot flashes.

Keeping my fingers crossed for all the ladies that are PUPO :dust:

Peachy--- Today is my 4th day of stims and good news- no more headache!! THANK GOD!!! I had to go in for bloods and sono yesterday and today. I actually feel great! I feel something going on around my left ovary, but of course I'm paying attention to everything. It could be gas for all i know. lol

So on day 4 today of stims- my doctor said there are 4 follicles on each ovary, so 8 total,... the largest around 10mm so far. I feel like people have a lot more follicles grow...am I not growing a lot? I'm only 30 and have no other issues... maybe it's too early?

Hi Everyone,

Been watching on the boards for a few months and finally it's our turn to start an ICSI cycle! Been ttc for 2 years now; thankfully no issues with me so far but DH had a failed vasectomy reversal, however, the consultant's confident it's just a matter of getting sperm to eggs so fingers crossed!

Had baseline scan today and start with Gonal-F injections tomorrow...feel excited but also apprehensive! So pleased to finally be starting as it's been months of waiting for appointments and getting all the tests completed.

Also, do the drugs encourage more follicles to grow? Had a scan at the start of my last cycle and had more follicles then than they have found this morning which is a bummer since this is the cycle that counts :-( Will these increase in number with the drugs or is it just the size that the drugs affect?

hey Bumpsparkle.. welcome!! I started gonal f and menopur on Friday night. So tonight will be night 4 of stims and i'm still on one shot of menopur and one shot of gonal f and thats it so far. They do encourage more follicles to develop and they will adjust the doses as your hormone levels change. I will assume that before trigger day I will have about 25 injections but it varies daily and for each person. I know I will be adding ganilrelix at some point but they dont tell you until its time to change. For instance, this morning I had to go in for my morning bloodwork and sonogram, around 1pm they'll call me and tell me what to inject myself with for tonight and maybe tomorrow too if my levels are ok. On sunday's sono and bloods they saw I was 'cooking' quickly so they lowered my gonal f down from 125 to 75.

Hope that answers your questions!! Good luck to you guys!! Ask away more! I'm at work and keep the forum open!! xo

BabyD- I don't know if this will be helpful or not but at my baseline appt is when they told me how many follies were on each side as potentials. She told me every cycle is different and if there aren't enough potentials they will wait until the next cycle so your dr must have thought everything looked great to continue. Hope that makes you feel a little better.

AQ- What day did you do your transfers on? When I spoke to my doc he said we would a 3 day transfer. I was upset as I had my heart set on 5 day as I truly thought that was better and also thought it was left up to the embryologist at the time depending on how the embies are progressing. In the end we agreed to leave it up to the embryologist but now I am worried about it. What if this clinic just isn't good at culturing them til day 5 and that's why they don't have a success rate difference. Everything I read is so conflicting. Sometimes google can be a pain in the ass.

Hi Everyone,

Hey!! I stimmed for 8 days, then triggered on the 9th day. Good luck!!

Hello! First time posting, but I have been following these forums for quite sometime. After 3+ years of trying naturally & 3 failed IUIs, we are moving onto our first IVF! Tomorrow (Tues) is my baseline scan with injections starting on Thurs. Thanks to all for your sharing! Your experiences have helped us become more informed about the process and what to expect. Hopefully, we will be one of the lucky first time success stories...

Hello! First time posting, but I have been following these forums for quite sometime. After 3+ years of trying naturally & 3 failed IUIs, we are moving onto our first IVF! Tomorrow (Tues) is my baseline scan with injections starting on Thurs. Thanks to all for your sharing! Your experiences have helped us become more informed about the process and what to expect. Hopefully, we will be one of the lucky first time success stories...

Welcome JennMx!!! Where is that avatar picture from?? It's so pretty! I JUST started my stims on Friday night... so our timing will be within a few days of each other! What are they putting you on? And where in FLA? Just got back last weekend! We go all the time!

Liko- Glad you got a frostie waiting for you!!

Klemon- I also agree that you shouldn't transfer.

AQ- How's the job hunt going?

Flower- Let it out here! I'm also a bit of a recluse right now. I really just don't want to talk to anyone mostly because they don't understand. :hugs:

JP- :wave: Welcome and best to luck of you on your journey! We have a great group of supportive women here. As far as weight gain, I gained some weight, but it could be attributed to my OHSS also. Gained 10 pounds. Lost 8 now. :dance: Almost back to normal.

Rosie- Glad AF showed up and you are getting started!

Ready, Bump, Jenn & Sn- Welcome! :wave: Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Line- Hang in there!! Crossing everything for you!

Star- How's everything going? How are you feeling? When's your first u/s?

AFM- I just got AF on sat and started BCP today!! :thumbup:

Baby D I was exactly the same, I was quite disappointed after my 1st scan then they left it 3 days and then there were loads!

Cali - I'm feeling great! Still have really sore boobs & now noticing I do need to pee more. I'm due my scan 15th Feb, which is only a couple of weeks away but I really want to see its 1 or 2! I'm sorry bout your last cycle but at least you've got your frosties already so it will be a lot easier next time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->