IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

BabyD- 5 embies is AMAZING! We only ever got 1 embie each cycle so personally i would be overjoyed with 2 embies next time, let alone 5! ;-)xxx

BabyD- 5 embies is AMAZING! We only ever got 1 embie each cycle so personally i would be overjoyed with 2 embies next time, let alone 5! ;-)xxx

Thanks AQ--- this whole process is so overwhelming. Every day is something new and anxiety producing.. Out of the 1 embie you got did you ever get BFP and were they 3 day or 5dt?

BabyD, I know it seems like 5 isn't enough when we live in a world of bigger and better. But it's true, it only takes one. God has a plan and we must each make due with what we are given. Be thankful you have 5 at this point, because some might have one or none.
Fx'd for you! :hugs:

Hi everyone-

I joined this group a week or so ago after making the official decision to go for IVF this cycle. Just had a lap, removed moderate endo.

I'm just on BCP right now, will then move to Lupron for a few days, then stims.

I'm really riding a crazy rollercoaster here and I'm just praying it works the first time!!!!! I have always responded well to stims with IUI but this is a whole different ball game.

Any encourgament or ways to cope would be great. I just want my :bfp:

Good luck to y'all!

Baby D - 5 is good! :thumbup: My thoughts are with you and I am sure they will make it! I had a 3 day transfer but honestly I do not know the difference of why or when you should do one over the other?!

Welcome Sunshine! Enjoy this roller coaster! We all are going through it as well if you need an extra push! This thread is amazing at staying positive and being supportive. Just take it one day at a time and know that you are working for your goal. Sometimes things get rough but the goal is in site!! :hugs:

Baby D - 5 is good! :thumbup: My thoughts are with you and I am sure they will make it! I had a 3 day transfer but honestly I do not know the difference of why or when you should do one over the other?!

Welcome Sunshine! Enjoy this roller coaster! We all are going through it as well if you need an extra push! This thread is amazing at staying positive and being supportive. Just take it one day at a time and know that you are working for your goal. Sometimes things get rough but the goal is in site!! :hugs:

Welcome Sunshine!! This thread IS amazing... so much help... don't be afraid to post, question, vent.. we're here for ya and from all around the world! Amazing ladies here!!!:hugs:

Wannabe- how many did you have during ER and fertilization? did u put one or two back.. and how are you feeling most importantly? Hugs to u!:hugs:

baby D - I had 15 mature eggs retrieved and 11 fertilized but 9 made it to day 3. I transfered 2 and froze 7. I had a 3 day transfer. I feel pretty good so far. I had spotting on Saturday and Sunday. It was old blood that would have been day 9 and 10 post transfer. I really thought I was going to start my period then. Now I have nothing but hot flashes and headaches. I go in for my blood test on Thursday. Nervous not sure what to think? I know everyone is different but my boobs are not sore one bit?! That always makes me think the worst. However, trying to stay positive. Rollercoaster ride for sure!! :muaha:

Remember the strong ones will make and it and you want only them!! They will be the ones to snuggle in for 9 months :thumbup:

baby D - I had 15 mature eggs retrieved and 11 fertilized but 9 made it to day 3. I transfered 2 and froze 7. I had a 3 day transfer. I feel pretty good so far. I had spotting on Saturday and Sunday. It was old blood that would have been day 9 and 10 post transfer. I really thought I was going to start my period then. Now I have nothing but hot flashes and headaches. I go in for my blood test on Thursday. Nervous not sure what to think? I know everyone is different but my boobs are not sore one bit?! That always makes me think the worst. However, trying to stay positive. Rollercoaster ride for sure!! :muaha:

Remember the strong ones will make and it and you want only them!! They will be the ones to snuggle in for 9 months :thumbup:

Why did you choose a 3 day transfer over a 5?... I'm so excited for you that you're having all these symptoms!! Seems so promising! Everyone IS SO different.. be happy your boobs are good so far! Are you doing POI or the vag gel? I'm on the gel... i didnt even know if I did it right today until about an hour ago when i felt it leaking... GROSSSSSS.. !

Hi Ladies, sorry it's been so long since I've posted anything, and sorry if I miss anyone out, there are so many posts since I posted last!

AQ - Hope you are recovering well after your procedure, take it easy. And good luck with the job hunt, hope you find something you love.

Sanu - hope everything is going well in the 2ww, it's the worst part if you ask me!

Lineman - reckon you might have two in there, my beta was 182 14dpo and the clinic were like "how many did you have put back?", i.e. they thought it might be twins! I only had one put back though!

Liko - I really hope the bleeding is nothing to worry about. My crinone gel is always brown and that is normal apparently it is the oxidization of the gel.

Klemon - congrats, amazing news!!

Scerena - so sorry to hear that the clinic has let you down, onwards and upwards though and hopefully you will be starting really soon. Loving your pic.

Snsnsn - I had light brown then really dark brown mixed with my crinone gel and that is actually the crinone and not blood, hopefully this is the same for you.

PCCT - you are so close to starting stimms, exciting, the next bit should go pretty quickly with all the scans etc.

BabyD - fingers crossed for you, 5 is good so don't worry. I hope they carry on developing well.

Hello to everyone else and good luck those who are starting stimms, having EC or ET soon, and those in the dreaded 2ww.

AFM - despite my BFP I am panicking big time about ectopic, 2 days after my transfer I had some uterine cramps for a few seconds and I was worried at the time, but now I am so worried that they pushed the embryo out into my fallopian tubes. I have to wait til the 26th of February for my scan (7wk4days), so I have booked in for a private HCG tomorrow, and a private scan on the 14th of Feb at 5 weeks and 6 days to check that the embryo is in the same place. I thought I'd be so happy when finally pregnant but it just starts of a whole new chapter of worrying! Hopefully if I find out all is ok after my scans then I can start to enjoy it!!

Mells good luck for ur baseline scan tomorrow :) can't wait to hear ur update :)

Double posted LPEAR :)
Everyone says that's ones u start stims it's goes in so fast eek :)
That's good u have booked ur self into a scan early to put ur mind at ease I can only imagine how hard it must be :hugs:

Why did you choose a 3 day transfer over a 5?... I'm so excited for you that you're having all these symptoms!! Seems so promising! Everyone IS SO different.. be happy your boobs are good so far! Are you doing POI or the vag gel? I'm on the gel... i didnt even know if I did it right today until about an hour ago when i felt it leaking... GROSSSSSS.. !

I had a 3 day transfer but I really dont know why?? I am not sure why or when you should do 3 compared to 5 day?? Does anyone know this?!?! I am doing POI. They really are not that bad. My husband gives them to me. I thought at first I would not be able to handle it but I guess if you want something bad enough!!! I have used the gel when I was doig IUIs. I felt like it was gross and leaking too!!!

BabyD- Remember you only planned on 8 right? From what I have read 80 % fertilization with icsi is the norm so it seems to me you are right on track! Quality not quantity. As far as transfer goes they seem to have specific criteria like if 1 one of yours jumps ahead and is growing fast they may elect to transfer him. If they are all at the same stage they may elect to let them go to 5 so they have a better idea as to which one is best. Don't lose that optimism hon it's so early and your babies are growing!

Lpear- When I had one of my ectopics I had no cramping at all and the only indicator was my hcg levels which were barely doubling. A common thing on here is for the bfps to have cramping for the first several weeks so don't panic. But good for you for doing all the tests to make you feel better. Try to relax and know you're doing everything you can.

Baby D - 5 is really good!! I only had the 2 from 17 eggs make it to d3 so put them both back in. they said about d5 to me too but i thought, as i only had the 2 to just go for it thinking they were better off in! you can decide on d3 depending how many have carried on so dont stress yet about that!! i think you only need to go to d5 if youve got lots to choose from as once they get there they are pretty sure they are really good, but not all will make it to d5 in the dish, so if you only end up with one or 2 you may as well just put them back in at d3 xx

Lpear- ive been having low cramps too= i get worried when they are no there! i dont think you need to worry about ectopic unless its just one sided pain.. but i know what you mean about the scans, it does seem ages away!
my clinic dont even do a beta if youve had a def pos hpt, but i may try and get them to do it anyway xxx

hope everyone else is ok xx

Lineman - reckon you might have two in there, my beta was 182 14dpo and the clinic were like "how many did you have put back?", i.e. they thought it might be twins! I only had one put back though!

Well I kinda thought so too but when I asked them they got kinda short with me and said you can't tell just by looking at beta numbers. So who knows?

Hi everyone-

I joined this group a week or so ago after making the official decision to go for IVF this cycle. Just had a lap, removed moderate endo.

I'm really riding a crazy rollercoaster here and I'm just praying it works the first time!!!!! I have always responded well to stims with IUI but this is a whole different ball game.

Good luck to y'all!

Hey there! I'm getting ready to start my first round of IVF-ICSI as well. If you want to talk feel free to PM me! I'm currently just waiting for AF to show. Should be here tomorrow and then were heading for baseline U/S and blood work! :happydance::happydance:

Hi everyone-

Good luck to y'all!

Hey there! I'm getting ready to start my first round of IVF-ICSI as well. If you want to talk feel free to PM me! I'm currently just waiting for AF to show. Should be here tomorrow and then were heading for baseline U/S and blood work! :happydance::happydance:

We'll be on the same cycle! My baseline. Tomorrow...:happydance:

Thanks AQ--- this whole process is so overwhelming. Every day is something new and anxiety producing.. Out of the 1 embie you got did you ever get BFP and were they 3 day or 5dt?

BabyD- As we only had 1 embie each cycle, both transfers were 2 day transfers as they didnt want to risk losing the one embie we had and thought better in than out. Sadly we didnt get a BFP on either cycle xxx

Sunshine- Welcome and good luck with your cycle x

LPEAR- As someone who has lost both tubes to ectopics, i can promise you that a embryo cant 'push' itself from the womb into the tube following a positive test... ectopic occurs when the embie attaches itself in the tube and starts to grow there. Fallopian tubes are as fine as a hair from your head, hence why they cant be seen on a scan. Obviously with a ectopic you would feel some pain in some cases, but it is more of a shooting pain down one side, going into your thigh and shooting into your bum. Its not a general cramp, its a weird pain. Usually with blood loss and feeling of not being well so please dont panic about it being ectopic. Its good your taking measures to put your mind at rest though as you need to enjoy this pregnancy x

Hi to everyone else. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->