IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

Babyhope- Welcome! Lots of amazing women here so you came to the right place.

Liko- Big hugs!! :hugs:

BabyD- I am so excited for you and am truly glad you are feeling better about things. Please don't be upset about a 3 day as that seems to be all my re is talking about and mine haven't even fertilized yet!!

I had my egg retrieval this morning and they got 16 eggs (I am sure not all will be mature) he was happy with the numbers though and said everything was looking good. Nervous about the fertilization report of course. No cramping just some spotting and feeling lazy which is good because the snow looks like it will never stop out there. Time you eat some chocolate and take a nap.

Peachy- 16 is GREAT! Expect that not all will be mature but its so hopeful.. be optimistic for a 5 day... my numbers were worse and theyre all surviving and cleavaging! Happy you're out and home! I was very sore and crampy/gassy on monday.. glad you feel good! I'm still sore today actually... rest rest rest.

wannabe- good luck for your blood test xx

babyd- 5 still going is awesome!!am sure the embryologists will advise you on d3 whether to take them to d5 or not...exciting!!!

liko- iam so sorry hun. i know its prob no comfort at the mo but at least u have your frostie and putting him back so soon is good.:hugs:

peachy- well done n your eggy numbers, good luck with the ohone call tomo!

hi to everyone else xx

Sanu- Glad your finding the latter part of the 1st week wait more bearable ;-) you enjoy getting pampered! I never got the job as the manager said she would of let me know by 5 yesterday had i been successful as i was her last interview. Ah well im sure something will come up x

LiKo- Ah im sorry about the BFN :( good that you can most likely have FET so soon though :) do you want me to add you to Feb or March for your FET on 1st page? x

Babyhopes- Hi and welcome :) best of luck with this cycle. Do you live in the UK? x

Flower- Hope that witch shows for you soon! x

BabyD- I am doing good thanks. My scar is healing nicely and i am feeling very optimistic. Yay for your 5 embies all doing so well! everything crossed for you for a smooth transfer and a sticky embie x

Peachy- Wow 16 eggs is fab!! lots of luck for fert report and get some rest ready for ET x

Momma- LOTS of luck for your test tomorrow! i hope its late implantation spotting and not AF. That witch needs to stay away for the next 8.5 mths! x

Hi to Pcct, Rosie, Lovetoeatcake, Klemoncake, Cvaeh, and all the gang xxx

Thanks everyone for the kind words! Feels like a good place to be :)

Excited to get this party started.....stimming in about 2 weeks---give or take.

Still learning a bit about IVF here so forgive me if this is silly....

Just wondering if a frozen egg transfer is better or worse than fresh?

We are planning fresh for this IVF but will def freeze anything we can after for further IVF tries ( hopefully for baby #2! As this one WILL work! ). What is the difference of a frozen vs. fresh cycle ( meds etc? ). Any feedback would be great.

SUnshine - I asked my dr and she said he thinks fresh is better but has seen great success with frozen.

BabyD - congrats on all 5 still going strong. I believe drs like to wait for 5 day transfers because it gives them more time to see which ones are truly the strongest. My dr said if we get enough embies that she would even consider waiting till day 6...but it all depends on quality. Usually they do a 3 day transfer if there isnt many embies to choose from so that they dont lose what they have. With 5 I am thinking they might just do a 5 day transfer with the best quality embies. Have you decided if you are putting back in 1 or 2?

San, PCCT, thanks for thinking of me today.

Liko, so sorry.

babyHope welcome.

BabyD, congrats. My doc will only do a 5 day if you have more than 8 embies. Otherwise, it's a 3 day.

ASM, my baseline went well. NO cysts and more follies than last time. I start stims on Saturday, and have my first scan on Tuesday. Since I have to travel to my RE I will be taking leave of my job and staying in the same city as my clinic. I live about 4 hours away. DH will drive up with me Sunday. So glad to be starting!

Hi to all the other ladies!!!!

Good luck Mells - how long will you stay in town with your clinic. I have to travel also and I am trying to figure out how long I need to be in town.

Mells- Ah that is great news! all sounds very promising :) its a shame you have to stay out of town but nice that dh can come spend time with you xxx

Peachy and AQ, thanks for your words of wisdom. The cramps I had were before the embryo would've implanted and it felt like my uterus was contracting. I had my second beta and it wasn't as high as I hoped, it was 648 5 days after my 182, so doubling time of 66.5 hours. Do you think I should still be worried? Today I have had some muscle type pain mostly on the left quite high up. Any advice much appreciated.

LPEAR- I had a 'gut' instinct that something was very wrong with both my pregnancies so all i can advise is go with your instincts. If you seriously feel something is wrong, then make sure you get scanned asap. I think its natural to feel nervous with pregnancy but also good to be careful and im sure everything will be fine but peace of mind is what you need xxx

Good luck Mells - how long will you stay in town with your clinic. I have to travel also and I am trying to figure out how long I need to be in town.

I'm planning on 2 weeks to start, but I can extend if need be. Luckily for us we have an RV (we love camping) so it's like home away from home. I can still cook and sleep in my bed.

Good luck!

Oh that's good you have a RV Mells :) at least you have your home comforts around you during a uncertain time which will deffo help xxx

TTCbaby- I can only put one embryo back in.. I have an arterial disease and multiples increase blood volume and have a higher risk of preeclampsia (sp?) so it's too risky if I ended up with more than one. They said I could do selective reduction...but mentally i couldn't in my heart just decide to abort one randomly. Wish I had the option though..

Mells- 4 hours from RE?!! That's insane... but im sure worth it to relax and be healthy and comfortable during the process!

LPEAR- I'm so sorry you're anxious.. I wish I had some advice or my shoulder to cry on. Hugs to you.. Stay optimistic and hopeful and call RE asap.:hugs:

Glad ur scan went well mells - I was ever so pleased to hear I too had no cysts :0 I starting panicking half way there on Monday lol- I start my stims on fri so we r defo cycle buddies :dance: I don't have my next scan until the 15th :)
What r u stimming with? 4 hr drive to clinic sucks we r almost 2 away from ours but the travel doesn't even come in to it we r so much focused on what we r hoping for at the end of it :)

Glad ur scan went well mells - I was ever so pleased to hear I too had no cysts :0 I starting panicking half way there on Monday lol- I start my stims on fri so we r defo cycle buddies :dance: I don't have my next scan until the 15th :)
What r u stimming with? 4 hr drive to clinic sucks we r almost 2 away from ours but the travel doesn't even come in to it we r so much focused on what we r hoping for at the end of it :)

Yes, we don't mind the drive. We live in a very small town and travel to the city for our appts. Luckily, I can do my labs here in town so that helps.
I'll be taking follistim (300) and menopur (4). I was slow to respond last time so they are starting me off on very high doses and hope to jump start things and reduce as things progress. I was also a little anxious today, and on the drive home I told DH I was so relieved that things went well, and he said he hoped now I could stop biting his head off :haha: Guess I didn't realize I was doing that to him...
I'm so glad that I'll have someone to share the 2ww with!

TTCbaby- I can only put one embryo back in.. I have an arterial disease and multiples increase blood volume and have a higher risk of preeclampsia (sp?) so it's too risky if I ended up with more than one. They said I could do selective reduction...but mentally i couldn't in my heart just decide to abort one randomly. Wish I had the option though..

Mells- 4 hours from RE?!! That's insane... but im sure worth it to relax and be healthy and comfortable during the process!

LPEAR- I'm so sorry you're anxious.. I wish I had some advice or my shoulder to cry on. Hugs to you.. Stay optimistic and hopeful and call RE asap.:hugs:

Yeah, we love in a pretty small town and have to drive to Albuquerque my RE. Today the drive only took 3.15 hours, so not too bad. And they know we drive a distance and will do things over the phone or mail us anything we need to sign. And he is the only board certified RE in the state. I don't know what it means not to be board certified, but he is a wonderful doctor. My clinic was listed as one of the top 10 in the country in Parenting magazine, so I can't complain about the drive for such experience.

Yes, we don't mind the drive. We live in a very small town and travel to the city for our appts. Luckily, I can do my labs here in town so that helps.
I'll be taking follistim (300) and menopur (4). I was slow to respond last time so they are starting me off on very high doses and hope to jump start things and reduce as things progress. I was also a little anxious today, and on the drive home I told DH I was so relieved that things went well, and he said he hoped now I could stop biting his head off :haha: Guess I didn't realize I was doing that to him...
I'm so glad that I'll have someone to share the 2ww with!
That's handy then :thumbup: I enjoy the drive as well :)
That's good that they r starting u on high and keeping an eye out sounds like this cycle is guna go well :)
:haha: my oh said that to me too !! I really wasn't expecting to hear that everything was how it should, as on the trip to comic I was getting sharp pains on my left and just kept thinking cyst!
Hopefully our 2ww doesn't drag.... But who am I trying to kid lol

africaqueen

Hey I am from India .. And this treatment I am taking in a different state (600 miles apart) as this clinic is supposed to be one of the country's best ..So I actually need to fly 2 hrs to start monitoring and ER/ET next week.

I am guessing most of you are from Europe?

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->