IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

Armymomma- Welcome to the thread and lots of luck with your cycle! it is very exciting to get started :) il add you to the 1st page list x

Peachy- Whooohooo! congrats on being pupo with twins! i shall add your OTD to 1st page. Wishing you lots of luck in the 2ww x

Rosie- wow that is a lot of follies! if its over 25 don't they do FET or am i wrong? never had many follies to worry about OHSS in my cycles. Lots of luck for Friday! x

Waaa haaa rosie that's fab news glad ur scan went well good luck for ec fri my scans on fri too so hoping ec next week for us :)

Armymomma- Welcome to the thread and lots of luck with your cycle! it is very exciting to get started :) il add you to the 1st page list x

Peachy- Whooohooo! congrats on being pupo with twins! i shall add your OTD to 1st page. Wishing you lots of luck in the 2ww x

Rosie- wow that is a lot of follies! if its over 25 don't they do FET or am i wrong? never had many follies to worry about OHSS in my cycles. Lots of luck for Friday! x

im really not sure theyve never mentioned it but ill definatley be asking when i go for scan on wednesday, just checked when i had IVF last time i had 28 follies over all and they didnt do a FET by wednesday i think there will be a few more really hope we dont have to do a FET how long do they make you wait to do a FET do you know?

i think they will take it to blasocyst because it think they only do 2 and 5 day transfers were i am will have to check that out on wednesday too!

PCCT hope scan goes ok for you on friday, how have the stimms been going? x

Been getting so much more better am really enjoying it now :)

Rosie- Oh you should be fine then if you got as many last time and had a fresh transfer ;-) if it did end up as FET it depends on your clinic but usually i think they make you wait 2 cycles? not sure x

Hi everyone.. Just wanted to keep u all updated. I'm feeling anxious, going in for 29 on thursday. It seems like time has went by so quickly, I trigger tonight. And am having my last dose of lupron and menopur today. They added in menopur yesterday so I just had to have that twice. Those shots are by far the worst!

I'm off for acupuncture now, time for some relaxation. Really hope this is all worth it at the end of it.

Hi everyone!

Seemed to have missed on a whole late of updates.. Have been travelling and settling in the new city for my treatment..

My update - Completed day 10 scan yesterday.. Only 4 follicles seen :( unlike the 7 mentioned on day 2 scan .. And a possible cyst also.. Need to wait till ER to see how many eggs would result. I was thinking the higher dosage this cycle would mean more follicles. But atleast till now the news doesn’t seem to be great! But given my low AMH the doc mentioned this was OK!
I have been called back for a second scan on Friday Day 14. And the ER would not be before Monday Day 17. Has anyone had such a late ER? Bcse last time I had one at Day 12 and a 5 day blast transfer.. This cycle seems so very different. Away from home in a new city the expenses are also adding up fr all the additional stays we need to be here.. But want to be optimistic and hope all this is for a successful cycle!
Waiting to here more from everyone! Good luck :)

Love

I've also been thinking that my ER is pretty late in my cycle but I think that's what the lupron is for? So they can time it according to what seems best with regards to follicle size? So that way our eggs can b mature and of better quality. Anyways, I've decided to just relax and leave it all in the doctors hands, he obviously has his reasons for the way he's planned the cycle.

Much love to all you ladies. Will keep u all updated once ER is done on thursday. Feeling great after acupuncture!

[/QUOTE

Bumpsparkle- Welcome to the 2ww! I also had a 3dt on Thursday, but only one embryo,... so we're not too far off... my OTD is th 19th.. and these past few days have been hell. I feel EXACTLY how you do.. what if it works.. what if it didnt.. hope you're enjoying your rest.

Thanks BabyD. It really is a rollercoaster isn't it! It's only been a few hours since transfer and i'm already thinking non-stop "am i, aren't i?" :blush:

How have you managed these last few days? I'm not at work this week as still a little sore from egg collection, probably becoz they nicked a blood vessal (ouch), but also becoz i don't want to rush back to work and if things don't work out, blame it on that!

Are you holding out until OTD or testing before? I'm already testing out my trigger shot so i'm sure i'll cave! I'm going to try to wait until 6dpt at earliest because anything before that will be pointless i think (however testing out the trigger is giving me something to test hehe!) :haha:

I just hit the 'reply with quote' button and it does it for me... and then i type below it

I was sore from the egg retrieval for like 5 days.. so dont worry.. its normal.. i had a hard time peeing too. I too am testing out the trigger.. its pretty much gone now.. yesterday was there but sooooooo faint it was almost a joke. Tomorrow is 6dp3dt for me.. early to test but i'm testing every day anyway..my beta is next tuesday.. 8 days away and that seems too far for me. so either way i'd like to know something. I'll update you will every stick i pee on! :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks BabyD. Still sore 4 days post retrieval but it's becoming more manageable now thank goodness as moving around has been a challenge.

Let us know how you get on with testing today! I think 6dp3dt is about the time the embryo should be implanting so fingers crossed that embie gets snuggled in! Has your trigger totally disappeared from the test now? My DH and I are planning to officially test with hpt the day before the blood test to get an idea of the result as we don't like the fact that only one of us will be told the news over the phone and we may not even be together at the time what with work etc (altho i will be sneakily testing in the meantime) :blush:

I think Peachy is joining us in the 2ww as well! :thumbup:

Well transfer seemed to go well. We transfered 2 blasts a 3AB and a 3BB. I of course am nervous about the quality as I think 4AA is the best. Now the dreaded wait.

AQ- Could you please add me? My otd is 2-21-13

Hi Peachy,

Congratulations on being PUPO with twins! I'm in the same situation as you but otd is the day after yours (22nd Feb) and we had 3dt. Did your clinic give you the choice of 2 embies or was that the only route? Ours kinda left it to us to make the final decision (right at the last minute whilst in the theatre!) and it was hard to make the decision to put 2 back because of all the info they give you about how risky multiple births are, but we had to weigh that up against increasing the chances of not having to go through this again, and of course the dreaded financial implications of another cycle.

The fact that your embies made it to blast stage must mean that are strong so try to stay positive! :thumbup:

Bump- Thank you. I am 35 so 2 is the norm. However in the beginning he wanted me to do a 3 day transfer and I wanted 5 so when I met the criteria we went to 5. Embryologist had told me they like to go to 5 day to put back 1 especially if they are high quality. Then when doc came in he said with my grades he felt good about putting 2 back so it really makes me nervous about quality. Embryologist also told me he sees 3 day embies that don't meet criteria and wouldn't make it to 5 day turn in to healthy babies all the time. So what can you believe? I want to be positive but I am afraid the heart break will be that much worse if it doesn't work. Does that make sense? Are you hoping for one to work or would you love to have twins? I am also going to test with hpt I think I need to be a littled prepared for whatever the phone call brings. Do you know when we should start testing? Tons of sticky vibes and baby dust your way!

Karis- yay for ER. Acupuncture is a wonderful thing I would tell everyone to try. The Lupron I believe is to suppress your ovaries so you don't ovulate on your own. I was concerned about transfer because of where I would be in my cycle and implantation. She assured me that thanks to all the meds they have complete control of my cycle so not to worry. Good luck!

Babyhopes- It must seem like a long time to stim especially when you have to do all the shots but he must feel it's most effective for your treatment. I remember asking my nurse during one of my ultrasounds why the small ones wouldn't catch up and she said they would and it would just continue with more as long as we kept stimming but then the current group gets over ripe so they just wait til a good size group is ready and go for those. Hope that makes some sort of sense. Hang in there it'll come to an end. GOOD LUCK!

BabyD and Klemon- I got such a kick out of your comments over the involuntary orgasm thing and actually laughed out loud about Channing Tatum you lucky girl. Yesterday with my transfer instructions she said absolutely no intetcourse/orgasm for this period. I just thought yeah pretty sure with all this stress it's the furthest thing from my mind anyways. Then it happened to me last night!! Crazy! Unfortunately it wasn't Channing but too bad it doesn't happen under regular circumstances. Figures. Not sure if it is the meds or perhaps being so relaxed for a change with the valium and finally having the transfer over but I googled it and it said not to worry about it and it seems to be common. Funny stuff..

Well ladies, I lost it. My numbers dropped over the weekend. I have to go in Wednesday to see what is next. Really devastated thought it was finally our time. :cry::cry::cry::cry:
Just want to crawl in a hole somewhere. Worst part was having to tell our parents.

Well ladies, I lost it. My numbers dropped over the weekend. I have to go in Wednesday to see what is next. Really devastated thought it was finally our time. :cry::cry::cry::cry:
Just want to crawl in a hole somewhere. Worst part was having to tell our parents.

I'm so sorry!! Will be thinking and praying for you :hugs:

Wanna- There really are no words it just plain sucks and I'm terribly sorry for your loss :hug:

Thank you! Did you have to take time out from work? If you had to go somewhere the evening of your retriea ( ie a family party or something ) could you have? Just curious. I appreciate the feedback![/QUOTE]

I took off 2 days for ET and for ER I went to work the next day but I wish I took off the following day because I was pretty sore and uncomfortable!

BabyD and Klemon- I got such a kick out of your comments over the involuntary orgasm thing and actually laughed out loud about Channing Tatum you lucky girl. Yesterday with my transfer instructions she said absolutely no intetcourse/orgasm for this period. I just thought yeah pretty sure with all this stress it's the furthest thing from my mind anyways. Then it happened to me last night!! Crazy! Unfortunately it wasn't Channing but too bad it doesn't happen under regular circumstances. Figures. Not sure if it is the meds or perhaps being so relaxed for a change with the valium and finally having the transfer over but I googled it and it said not to worry about it and it seems to be common. Funny stuff..

We should probably rename this threat 'February O's'... I guess the progesterone is a powerful thing! I should use it all the time! Too funny it happened to you too... So today is 5dp3dt... and I feel nothing! I'm so afraid it means no implantation but I know that everyone feels differently.

I've been POAS to make sure the trigger is gone.. and it was definitely gone by this morning's pee. Some people get a BFP starting 6-7 dp3dt so I'm hoping I see those 2 lines by the end of this week... I can't wait for the phone call- too much anxiety.

Wanna- Im so sorry- i know there are no words to say to console you right now... I can't imagine how you feel. Sending love your way... Hope you can move on to your frozen babies soon. Thinking of you xoxo

BabyD- So how far am I behind you then? Should I be testing the trigger out as well? Lots of women have not a single symptom. Probably because you already have the symptoms from all the meds. Even women who get prego naturally don't have symptoms til later so I wouldn't stress that.

The embryologist just called and they were able to freeze 3! A 3AA, 5AB, 5AA! I was so excited I even cried a bit. I don't know much about fet's but she seemed to think we had an excellent chance with those if we have to do one. We didn't do cost sharing so this gives me so much hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->