IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

yay baby d!!
i got first very faint 8dp3dt and got darker each day!! woooo hooo for u! xx

wannabe- am so sorry hun:hugs::hugs:

snsnsn- :hugs::hugs:

cant imagine how you are both feeling.. really sorry:cry:

Yay BabyD!!! I didn't poas before my betas but it sounds for real!!! Congrats!!

Eeeeeek oh my goodness girls, had a big day today!

We had our consent appointment today, got our dates sorted for the procedures and have all the prescriptions...I start injections tomorrow!!! :happydance:

We left the clinic feeling excited, nervous and very overwhelmed - it was a lot of information in one day! I was taught how to take the Buserelin and will go back in 3 weeks to be shown how to use the Menopur. The only worry at the moment is how I will respond to Menopur, I will be taking a lower dose for the first week at least as I'm high risk for OHSS - has anyone else experienced this?

Can't express how relieved and scared I am to say that our journey is finally starting...on Valentine's Day too! I hope that everyone is doing well, congrats to more bfp and big hugs for those who need it xx

Eeeeeek oh my goodness girls, had a big day today!

We had our consent appointment today, got our dates sorted for the procedures and have all the prescriptions...I start injections tomorrow!!! :happydance:

We left the clinic feeling excited, nervous and very overwhelmed - it was a lot of information in one day! I was taught how to take the Buserelin and will go back in 3 weeks to be shown how to use the Menopur. The only worry at the moment is how I will respond to Menopur, I will be taking a lower dose for the first week at least as I'm high risk for OHSS - has anyone else experienced this?

Can't express how relieved and scared I am to say that our journey is finally starting...on Valentine's Day too! I hope that everyone is doing well, congrats to more bfp and big hugs for those who need it xx

so exciting when you get the go ahead!!!

i also have a lower dose of menopur as i respond really fast due to pcos, so at risk of ohss, ive only been on 2 amps per day for 11 days and ive got 35 follicles between the 2 ovaries! make sure you drink plenty of fluids is what i got told and when it comes to egg coll drink gatorade (i got some from b&m 2 bottles for £1) i did get mild ohss on my last cycle but it soon settled down
good luck hun! xx ps im in north east too hun :)

Thanks for the quick response!! Feels so surreal it's all happening now.

It's so good to hear that you had a lower dose too, I got freaked out that it meant I would definitely have problems, so it's nice to hear it's manageable :) will stock up on gatorade :thumbup:

Really? Which hospital are you at? We're with Centre at Life, staff have been amazing xx

Hey raf feels amazing to hear when u get started :) am so excited for u hope ur first injections goes well tomorrow :hugs:
Hi to every one :hi:
Heynrosie glad ur scan went well :)
Raf and Rosie my oh is from ne (south shields) his cuz went to centre of life too Hun :)
We both life in Scotland which is where am from :)

it does feel surreal! is that newcastle? . they monitor you so closely that doseages can change were i go we have blood tests mon wed fridays to check estrodial levels and they base dosage for following 2days on that this time roound i only had 2 amps every day on my last cycle there was days i only had one and half amps!
have heard good things about centre for life!

Well, just did my first Lurpon shot, and I have to say--it was nothing!

Excited to officially be in the next stage of this whole crazy process.....woohoo:thumbup:

Hello just wanted to join the forum. I will be doing my first IVF/ ICSI cycle in March. I will start bcp in about two weeks ; then on to stims and ER and ET at end of March. Hoping for a bfp because this will be our only shot because IVF is expensive. Hoping to have embryos to freeze! Anyways my fertility is fine; but husband has male factor, low count, and low morphology. The meds we will be using will be Gonal F, low dose hcg, Ganirilex, and Novarel. Does anyone know or have had this protocol, and what is the probable numbers of eggs retrieved on such protocol? We're so excited. We will transfer two embryos on eithe day 3 or day 5.

First injection done :huh: it was scary!! It did sting a bit going in and the injection site is really red and swollen now - is that normal?! I'm worried I've done it wrong. Glad it's all started now!!

pcct thanks so much :hugs: we're so glad to be at such a great hospital, not too far to travel either. We moved from Scotland last summer hun, miss it a lot, still visit all the time though!!

Yes Rosie it's in Newcastle, right beside the train station which is perfect for us! Thanks for putting my mind at ease about menopur, feel less anxious now - but that's a worry for another day! One at a time :)

Sunshine congrats!! Excited for you :happydance:

angielude sounds like our timescales are roughly the same! I'm due ER and ET at end of March and we're doing icsi too, DH has low count and morphology also. All the best for your cycle, hope everything works out for you.

Hi raf I remember my first injection it was horrible :( it was al so. Bit red too I panicked thinking I hadn't done it right too .. I love Newcastle we vist there a lot as oh family are all there :)- where about in Scotland did you stay? Am just in the middle of Glasgow and Edinburgh :)

hi girlies, sorry for the lack of personals, haven't been on in a while as i'm tryin not to be on here as much and try keep mind off all this as much as i can so it goes in quick. I had my first scan today and the DR said that i've 6 or 7 on one side and 6 or 7 on the other that i'm responding well and to stick to my schedule so it must b ok i dunno, i felt rushed he wasn't even 5 minutes i never got to ask anything abit annoyed he wasn't even gonna tell me how many he seen until i asked just said i'm responding well:growlmad: i know first scans they don't really take as much time it's more second well at my clinic anyways. just wanted to know how many all you girlies got around day 6 of stims etc im worried. happy valentines day everyone :) x

Wannabemomma- I am so very sorry for your loss. Having lost 2 precious babies myself, i know how painful and heartbreaking it is. If you need to talk please pm me x

Peachy- Yaay for 3 frosties! that is great x

Snsnsn - I know iv commented on the other post, but again i am sorry x

Line- I hope you are ok. Is fifths disease similar to shingles? a adult form of chicken pox that causes a raised rash over the chest? if so i had this last year x

Mells- For your 1st scan, that is a decent amount of follies! i had the same and we got 6 eggs last cycle so its all going well so far :) x

Pcct and Karis- I was exactly the same with the EWCM on both of my cycles so completely normal x

BabyD- Fingers crossed its the start of a clear BFP for you x

Rosie- Lots of luck for EC tomorrow! great news that you will be able to have a fresh transfer too :) x

RAF- Yay to starting jabs! its normal for 1st few to sting until you get used of doing it as you will find the best angle etc and it wont hurt so much x

angielude - Welcome to the thread and good luck with your forthcoming cycle. I shall add you to the 1st page list :) x

Sanu- Have you tested? i really hope it was a BFP for you hun x

Hi to all the gang and happy valentines day! xxx

Wifey- That is a great result for day 6 scan! :) at that stage i had 4 follies each side and we managed to get 6 eggs. Good luck and be very happy cos that's a good result xxx

Aw I'm so glad you felt the same, the redness has gone down a lot now, still sore around the site though. Was worried I'd jabbed myself twice because my hands were shaking so badly when I did it! Hopefully I'll be a pro in no time :thumbup:

We love living down here, it's a great area and close to Newcastle, plus only 30 minutes to the Borders! We lived in Dundee, both born and raised there so this was our first big move (of many probably!). Very grateful that in RAF when couples go through IVF, the partner in the force can't be deployed or posted throughout the whole IVF process, so that's a big relief. Love Edinburgh and Glasgow! You're in the middle of 2 great shopping cities :)

Wow that's great news that u hubby is with u all the way on ur journey :) my clinic is in Dundee at ninewells :) I am scared of needle I was a little screamer but come day 3 I was most defo a pro :)

Thanks AQ - i am happy i just wish i had more time in the scan to have my questions answered i think thats whats got me so annoyed. they never measured them or anything. did they measure yours first time?

Hi everyone.. Just got back from ER, I'm so disappointed, they only managed to get 4 eggs, I was hoping for a few more. Any success stories with such a small amount of eggs? I'll be getting a full report tomorroww so will keep u all updated. Really hope these 4 survive and grow

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->